By your side

Namsong Series

Mino grumpily ripped another piece of paper with random scribbles and scrunching it up before throwing the ball of paper in to the dustbin.  He sighed heavily feeling restless and was unable to find his focus that he usually had when he composes.

“Are you okay?” Seunghoon ask he looked up from his side of the worktable. He more or less knew what exactly was troubling the rapper but he still asked.

“I am fine. I just did not get enough sleep the night before so I am a little out of sorts.”

Seunghoon almost wanted to scoff out loud but wisely held himself back. Seriously, who was Mino trying to kid? They have been together as a group for so many years, how could think that Seunghoon would have no idea as to how he was feeling?

“Have you talked to him?” He asked before turning his gaze back to his laptop as though they were discussing about the weather instead of a certain someone. He could not help but to smile at the way Mino’s eyes widen before his mouth drew into an even thinner line.

“No… Not since he told us about the news.” Mino grumbled bitterly

“Do I sense trouble in paradise?”

“I don’t even know if what we have is trouble. It is like as though he just disappeared from the face of this earth. It is like he just dropped the news on my lap and then okay bye!” Mino muttered bitterly.

“I hope at least you both will work things out soon. Come on, it is late. Let’s head back to the dorm.” Seunghoon patted Mino on his shoulders before they left for the day.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Jhonny… did you miss me?” Mino cooed as he scratched under his cat’s chin, getting it purr motor going strong.

Mino decided to bring his cat back to his dorm to keep him company since his other “cat” decided to take a break and leave home.

The more Mino thought about the situation, the more frustrated he got. Who was Taehyun to decide how things should be between the two of them? Shouldn’t he have talked with Mino about it before deciding something so important such as their happiness?  

Mino could still vividly remember their last conversation...

~~~~~~~~~~

“I will be going home for a while. I think it is best that we took a break for a while at least. You still have your promotions with the sub unit so you should focus on that for now.”

“Huh what break? Just because I have my schedule does not mean that I don’t have time for you are not making any sense here Taehyun ah!.”

“I am not going to be burden and hold you back from reaching your dreams...” Taehyun said with a tone finality that Mino hated.

“Don’t I have a say to this whole thing or did you just decided all that for me?” Mino asked could not quite mask the bitter sarcasm in his voice.

“I think it is better for us to have the break so that you can focus on your activities while I get better.” Taehyun repeated sounding more and more like a stubborn child by the second.

Just like that, he walked out on him and expect Mino to pick the pieces of his broken from the stupid decision and expect that he would be okay with it.

But was it really?

~~~~~~~~~~

“Ow!” Mino yelped as he suddenly felt the sharp pain radiating from his palm. However, before he could even have a proper grasp of the situation, he saw a flash of orange whizzed past him towards the open door.

“Mino! I am home!” Jinwoo hollered as he stepped in to take out his shoes.

“Jhonny! NO! Hyung?!”

 “What?!”

“Too late… she got out! Oh my god, I need to go find her!” Mino shouted before running out of the dorm in the direction the cat went.

Mino searched the entire dorm building but he could not find any sightings for an orange cat but to no avail.

Figuring that she ran out of the building, Mino headed towards the main entrance of the apartment hoping that somehow his cat would still be in the area nearby.  He did not get further then the convenience store next to the apartment when a pair of black boots stopped him directly in his path.

“Sorry… I am in a rush…” Mino began to explain only to trailed off when he saw who was the one that was blocking his path.

“Yah Song Minho! You need to be more careful of your cat… Aish!” Taehyun complained yet there was something soft and fluffy in his arms.

“Jhonny!” Mino exclaimed before reaching over to get his cat wanting to make sure that his eyes were not playing any tricks on him.

However, his cat would not even budge as she settled more comfortably in Taehyun’s arms purring away in content without a care in the world. Mino could only wish he was that cat in his boyfriend’s arms at that moment soaking all the affection from the guy he had been missing for the past week.

“How have you been”

It was the first thing he asked when they arrived at the park near their dorm after making sure that Jhonny was safely deposited with Jinwoo and making sure that his hyung would keep a watchful eye on his sneaky cat.

“I am fine. In fact, I felt much better since going back home and having mum fuss over me again. How have you been?”

“I am fine… I guess… I am curious but why are you here? I thought it will be a while before you come back? Isn’t that what they are saying?”

“I am not sure what I am here… I just wanted to go out for a while and somehow ended up here.” Taehyun shrugged before silence fell over them once again.

“Thanks for helping me catch Jhonny by the way. She just slipped through the gaps and ended up out of the building.”

“I did not do much really since I just saw her sitting there in front of my feet before I could even register where I was.”

“Taehyun… What are we doing? Why?” Mino asked unable to stand the awkwardness between them any longer.

“I don’t care if you need awhile to get better but I want to be there with you… I don’t care if it is going to affect my career or anything. I love you and I am not going to change just because you thought it was best for me not to care.” Mino continued without giving Taehyun a change to even answer his previous question.

“I love you too and I missed you so much… I don’t even know why I am here… I guess I just wanted to see you somehow and your cat help in providing that chance I wanted I guess...” Taehyun whispered. His words were muffled since Mino reached over and hugged him.

For once after announcing to the whole world about his mental issue, Taehyun felt as though his world was right again the moment he felt Mino’s arm around him.

“So I don’t have to suffer anymore? Things were not going well… Not when things were so not settled between us.”

“I am sorry… I guess I needed time to realise that I might have made the wrong decision and not leave you with no choice or say since it affects you as much as it affects me.”

Mino did say anything except to lean forward to kiss the maknae on the lips feeling happy and relieved that things seemed to be back in place again. It felt as though the past week made him think a lot of them as a couple and being there for Taehyun was definitely what he wanted to do more than anything else.

“I need to give Jhonny a lot of treats for bringing you back. I am glad she ran away…”

“Oh yes now that you have mentioned it… How could you let her out so easily like that?”

“Yah it is not my fault that she ran off…  I was thinking about stuff…”

“Like what?

“How stupid can Nam Taehyun be?”

“Yah!” Taehyun protested before lifting his arm to whack Mino on the back.

“OW! It hurts! How could you bear to hit the person you love most?!”

“Stop making me puke hyung!”

Their bickering continued all the way back to their dorm as they made up for the loss time and making up with just the joy they get when they were back together.   

~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the members watched them curiously as they watched the two lovebirds heading towards Mino’s room after a quick hello.

“I guess all is well now?” Seunghoon observed as the door to Mino’s room shut followed by a soft distinctive click of the lock.

“I am happy that Taehyun came to his senses and realised that it is not just about him in the relationship that the other has a say in it too.” Jinwoo smiled before turning back to his game.

“Good cause at least we are all able to focused on what we need to do while Taehyun take the time to get better and with Mino by his side, I can so see it going well.” The leader added.

“I am suddenly hungry… Shall we go for supper? I think they would love the time alone.” Seunghoon suddenly suggested.

“Yes let’s go!”

The other two immediately jumped onto his idea and out they went giving the couple a little private time just to enjoy being with each other again… 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! sorry i have been away for sooooooo loooooooong! Work have been crazy lately and finally settled down to normal after a few weeks of slogging... I am a bit rusty so this might not be good... But i am slowly getting my groove back so please bear with me... It is super simple and I need to get rid of my sadness and disappoinment i guess... Well... I will be cheering on the boys... sending love to Taehyun... I miss them so much... Anyways hope to be back again soon... Please leave a comment too... have a lovely weekend ahead!