Blurred Lines (Part 4)

Namsong Series

With the end of a successful tour for Japan and at the same time getting to spend his birthday with his fans, they flew back home immediately the next day. The management was kind enough to give all of them time off for the next two day to rest and recharge. After resting it will be back to the drawing block until their next album finally takes hold.

Taehyun had been on his mind all throughout the way. He had tried to forget about him and focus on doing well for the tour but the random releases and sudden announcement that the band has released their album. Mino could not wait but immediately downloaded a copy of it and had been listening throughout ever since.

They were supposed to be resting at the dorm after the intensive flying in and out of Korean for the schedules. All the members in fact were looking forward to the two uninterrupted where they could actually sleep until their hearts content. However, it was not the case for a particular rapper. In fact, he was all fired up as he would be finally meeting someone in a matter of hours.

“Are you planning to head out?” Jinwoo asked taking a pause in his game as he lounged in their living room with his cats.

“Yes I am meeting a friend for dinner.” Mino answered as he slipped on his shoes.

“Is it that friend who has been keeping you chained to your phone like a madman?”

“I am not a mad man hyung…” Mino answered with a roll of his eyes.

“When do we get to meet this guy who is making you this happy recently?” Jinwoo eyed at curiously.

In all the years that Jinwoo knew Mino, never once had he seen the rapper looked so unsettled and impatient as though he could not wait to get out of the door and be on his way.

“When things are more settled and ready, I will introduce. Don’t worry hyung. Just continue with your game, you are dying already as we speak.” Mino pointed out before opening the door to head out while laughing at the cry of anguish from his gamer hyung.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun was running a little late since they got a carried away with their usual recording session. By the time, he saw the clock properly, he was left with roughly half an hour to get to the other side of Seoul. He was thankful that the weather was getting colder because it meant that wrapping himself up with layers that will hide his face would not be a weird dressing choice.

“Did you get everything you need oppa?” The keyboardist asked discreetly as Taehyun grabbed his things.

“Yes I did. I do hope that is it not too shabby.” Taehyun muttered carefully placing the cake box into the paper bag before settling the gift on top.

“He is lucky… I wish I get a cake too for my birthday.” Yoon Hwi sighed wistfully at the cake box. 

“You get cookies every week.” Taehyun countered with a roll of his eyes towards heaven.

The waiter at the Japanese restaurant informed him discreetly that Mino has already arrived and was waiting before guiding the younger male to one of the private rooms away from the main dining area.

He was watching Taehyun in amusement as the younger guy took off his cost before unwrapping his neck scarf and his face mask, settling the layers aside before taking a seat at the tatami mat across from Mino.

“Sorry I am late.” Taehyun muttered sheepishly.

“Are you cosplaying an eskimo or something? I was sure you did not leave anything out. Aren’t you hot? It is not even that cold yet.”

“It is better to be safe than sorry. Besides, you can never be too careful. Well, you are also being careful.” Taehyun shrugged before taking a sip of hot tea.

The guy in front of him was dressed in head to toe in black with a pair of shades over his eyes.

“I guess I will be talking to your shades the whole time?” Taehyun asked curiously.

“I had a late night and decided to do you a favor by having the shades on.” Mino mumbled.

But it has been weeks since I last saw you….

Taehyun thought to himself but will never ever dare to voice it out loud.

Mino decided to end the younger’s curiosity by removing the pair of shades that was hiding a pair of blood shot eyes rimmed with dark circles.

Taehyun could not quite control the heartache when he saw the state that the guy sitting across from him.

“Oh my god! Why did you even meet me today?! You should be resting. We can always arrange again.” Taehyun could not help himself but to worry over the rapper.

“No, I want to see you. It has been weeks since we met up…” Mino explained but could not quite control his brain because he already reached across the table to take Taehyun’s hand into his to still the worries movements from the younger.

At the touch of the skin contact, Taehyun could not help but to freeze for a second before willing himself to relax. He will not think about the way their hands fit perfectly over one and another as though it was always meant to be that way.

After all, friends do hold hands too right? Don’t be too shocked, Breathe…

“Plus I am dying to know what you have prepared for me for my hatch day so no way I am not meeting you.”

No matter how tired I am… Mino added silently in his head.

Taehyun could only let out a heavy sigh before reaching over to grab the white paper bag that contained Mino’s gift.

“Promise me that we will keep today’s meet up short and you better get back and sleep. We will see if when our schedules are aligned again.” Taehyun could not help but to nag as he slid the bag across the table.

Taehyun watched with a small smile playing on his lips as Mino put his shades back on before opening the bag to take out a small cake box.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mino watched in anticipation as the bag was slowly pushed to his side of the table. HE had to control himself from all bur prowling the bag once it brazed the tips of his fingers.

“I hope you like chocolate. I was not sure what you liked when I baked it.” Taehyun mumbled nervously as he played with his fingers listlessly.

It was a small chocolate cake with the words “Happy Birthday, Mino!” and a bite of it made Mino hummed in pleasure as the delicious chocolate melted in his mouth. He would have thought that the cake would have been store bought but given what little he knew of the younger, Mino pegged him as the type who would rather gift something that was more personal.

Since none of his friends were the kind who would think of such a thing so it was really refreshing for him and somehow intimate.

“It is okay, if it is not to your liking, I won’t be offended if you threw it away.” Taehyun muttered trying not to sound like he was not out of his mind with worry.

Mino reached over the table to still the worried hands, hoping that the touch would soothe the younger guy.

“I like it… It is just no one ever thought to bake me a cake from scratch.”

“Oh… okay… well, I have one more item though…” Taehyun mumbled again before he grabbed his bag to dig for another gift, a small box that definitely perked the rapper’s curiosity.

Mino carefully took the small box that was slid to him only to find a bracelet nestled within.  It was a leather band with a silver chain running through the centre. Attached was a microphone with an aquamarine top, his birth stone.

As Mino examined the inside of the leather, he realized that there were words on it.

May you always reach for the top… Love Tae….

“Wow it is beautiful. I will definitely treasure it.” Mino muttered as he fastened the metal clasps over his right wrist.

“You don’t have to wear it all the time. I mean you could also use it as a key chain or something…”

“Stop… I love the gift very much. Thank you… ” Mino interrupted the younger wanting to stop the doubts that were slowly beginning to bubble their way onto the surface.

“I am glad then… It took me a while to make it.” Taehyun whispered.

At that moment, Mino’s heart ached painfully. The younger guy must be really out to get him. He did figure out that Taehyun would be the time who would rather make than to get a store bought gift but a bracelet and a cake was definitely too much for his heart to handle.

Oh just kill me…

Taehyun was really making it really hard for him to stay on the platonic side of things not when he just experienced how Taehyun treats the people around. His heart could not help but to fall a little deeper each time.

Food was quickly devoured so that Mino could return to the dorm earlier to get the rest he desperately needed. However, the rapper has second thoughts of wrapping their meet up because he wanted to have Taehyun to himself even if it was just for a moment longer.

“We better make a move so that you are able to go back and rest. Seriously, we should have just rearranged instead of meeting today.” Taehyun muttered as he began to put back the layers and layers of clothing.

“I will be good and go back early to rest so do not worry okay.” Mino muttered as he stood up at his side of the table.

After receiving such an intimate gift from the singer, Mino figured that a simple “thank you” would not be enough so he decided to try a different approach just to show how much the sweet gesture meant to him.

The younger guy suddenly paused midway through wrapping the scarf around his neck as he watched in tensed anticipation as Mino made his way over to where Taehyun was standing at that moment. Without saying a word, Mino carefully move closer until he was close enough to envelop the younger male into a hug,

Because a hug will definitely be a more appropriate in showing how I feel… Mino thought silently to himself as he waited for a reaction and he was not letting go until he gotten one.

“What are you doing?”

“Humor me… I am the birthday boy.” Mino mumbled close to the younger’s ear smiling as he notice the way Taehyun shivered against the sensation.

No… Mino will not think of the way their bodies fit so well together and the feel of Taehyun quickening heartbeat from being close to one another…

Mino will not think of such things while he waited for a response.

Taehyun let out an audible sigh of exasperation.

“You are impossible, Mino-ssi… Has anyone ever told you that?” Taehyun grumbled but his hands still came up to wrap around Mino’s waist to return the hug.

“All the freaking time…” Mino could not help but to smirk.

They let go of the hug a few moments before the staff came in with the check, Any moment before they would have caught the two in a rather compromising position.

As Mino watched the younger guy putting back the layers, he was already missing the feel of having Taehyun in his arms…

~~~~~~~~~~

“I did not know your own house is so badly stocked. I can tell you are hardly home.” Taehyun chided gently as he looked at the almost empty cupboards. Thankfully, he has the sixth sense to do a bit of grocery shopping before heading over to Mino’s place.

“Even though I am hardly home. Here still feels more home than the dorm.” The rapper answered as he leaned against the door frame as he watched the younger guy loaded up his pantry with food.

“I know… Here is where you can be just the regular Song Minho instead of Winner’s Song Minho… I understand… It is the same feeling I get whenever I step into my studio.” Taehyun mumbled turning around only to realize that Mino’s frame has completely blocked his exit out to the kitchen.

“Erm Mino… is everything okay?” Taehyun asked suddenly unsure and a little surprised with the intensity of the gaze that the rapper had on him at that moment.

It is not right how Taehyun looked so perfect in his place as though he was always there… it was driving him crazy…

The older could see the sudden awareness showing in Taehyun’s eyes as he realized how close they were when Mino started moving towards him.

“Mino… what… are…”

“I am just happy that you are here… in my space… seeing me as a regular Song Minho…” Mino answered as his arms came to rest on either side of the younger guy. Effectively trapping him.

“Well, you did get me hooked at the prospect of movie and the fact that you want to try the Nam Taehyun ramyun and as a friend, I should oblige.” Taehyun mumbled.

“Hmmm I see…”

“What are you doing Mino? Seriously…”

“I am not doing anything.”

“Oh god stop confusing me…” Taehyun mumbled breath hitching as Mino leaned closer…

It is all or nothing now… I cannot stand this anymore… Mino thought to himself

“Why do I confuse you?” Mino asked as he brought his arms to rub the younger’s noting the way his pulse was jumping as the rapper’s fingers brushed over Taehyun’s wrist.

THIS is confusing me…” Taehyun muttered as he gestured to the both of them.

“Then let’s not confuse this further.” Mino answered before leaning in to press his lips against the younger’s

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyun could barely breathe as Mino chose to steal his breath away completely. After the initial look at the younger’s lips, the rapper had closed in and covered his lips with his own and it had Taehyun fluttering his eyes shut and his heart savoring the warmth and the softness of the kiss.

The kiss was delicate, a gentle slide of lips and coaxing for a reaction which Taehyun has barely any time to respond as Mino’s hand found his jaw, angling his face to completely dissolve Taehyun in a drunken sweetness as the intensity of the kiss deepened.

Even though Taehyun responded to Mino’s asking lips, hands around the older guy’s hips as the kiss became more persistent and the younger guy found himself matching to the languorous and devouring mouth with his and was just being completely being lost in.

Dizzy from the intensity and passion, Mino released the younger guy allowing him to catch his breath finally, peppering Taehyun’s face with sweet gentle kisses before coming to rest his forehead against his, equally breathless.

“Are you still confused?”

However, before Taehyun could even formulate a reply, the doorbell rang followed by the voice that was distinctively Seunghoon floated through the intercom.

“Mino-ah! Open up!”

~~~~~~~~~~

And so i am back... sorry this took a while to be up i was quite busy for a while... next one will the last chapter this mini... i hope you all enjoyed this... do let me know your thoughts! till then!