SS 9

Star Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9.

 

 

 

“Chae?” Suddenly someone appear from the door.

Lee Soo Hyuk.

“Oppa? What are you doing here?” she asked.

Soo Hyuk looking at her and Jiyong.

“What are you two doing here?” he asked back.

“W-well, me and Jiyong has some works to talked and…”

“Why you have to talk in a place like this?”

“Soo Hyuk-ssi, I was taking a phone call here because inside was too noisy when Chaerin-ssi looking for me to inform some progress… we were here for less than 5 minutes before you arrived, so please don’t take it wrong.” He explains to Soo Hyuk, clearly and collected. “Now, if you’ll excuse me…” he left Chaerin and Soo Hyuk.

Soo Hyuk sharply looking at Jiyong’s face when he talked.

“Really?” Soo Hyuk asked CL.

“You heard him.” she said while walking inside the restaurant again.

“I came here more than 5 minutes a go, greet you boss and Xin, and can’t found you anywhere, you even didn’t pick up my phone.”

CL remember leaving her purse in her table.

“Oh, sorry…”

“You’re so distrustful.” Soo Hyuk said.

“Excuse me?? I am distrustful? You better said that to yourself.”

“At least I’m serious when I said I want to be serious with you, unlike you who seems to be love me in front of me but having affair with your mentor behind my back.”

“Do you actually meant what you said?? Affair?”
“What should I call it then? Went to the Cirque du Soleil date with him when I’m not around and talk in a dark place like this during the office gathering? Do you think its normal for people who doesn’t have affair?”

“Oh, of course its not normal for a person who always have affair with somebody else like you! I’m watching Cirque du Soleil with him because you don’t like that kind of show while you know how I love it! I gotta watch it and when I bought you the ticket and asked you, you just simply said no because its boring, don’t you ever think of doing sacrifice just once?? Your partner loves the show and what’s so hard from accompanying her?”

“You could just ask me that way.”

“Which way?? How many times you bailed out from our date, how many times you lied to me, choose your friends over me, and should I ever get another rejection again??” she said, “FYI, I hate sitting at the front row of a fashion show, but I’d do it for you, and I did it hundred times!”

“Babe…”

“And we’re not even talking about your affair with some model friends out there, I was keeping my eyes and ear shut for that.”

“I’m done with it, I admit it, I was wrong several times, but I only have you in my heart, that’s why I want us to go public… so public can watch us… so we won’t hurt each other anymore.”

“No, I know that’s not the main reason.”

“Then what?” Soo Hyuk sighed.

“You’re insecure, I saw you started being clingy after Jiyong appear.”

“Of course! He always around you, I’m jealous and that’s normal because I’m your boyfriend.”

“Oh now we’re boyfriend and girlfriend?” she asked, “Thought you’re the one who appear with the idea of ‘bf and gf things ’.”

“Chae… come on. Why you make thing so complicated? We’re not talking about me now, we’re talking about how suspicious you are with Jiyong-ssi.”

“What is so suspicious from talking to a friend?” CL sighed.

“Chae, we’re not innocent people, we’re not stupid, I know you had something more than a friend thing with Jiyong.”

CL scoffed, “Are you trying to make me look the same as you? Who is going around kissing random people??”

Soo Hyuk glare at her, “Oh, you’re not? Then why your lipstick stained at the corner of his lips?”

CL startled.

“You don’t think I’d saw it right? I hope he wiped it now, or else many people out there would see it.”

CL really want to run to Jiyong and check but she knew it’d just make things worse.

“Why him?”

“Why who??”
“Why Jiyong?”
“Why not?” CL said.

Soo Hyuk scoffed and CL saw pain in his eyes, but she couldn’t hold it anymore, if she has to lose both of them then let it be.

“Listen,” she said, look directly into his eyes. “I loved you and you know I always do, I even love you during the time you’re just playing around and fooling me. So now, oppa please… let me go…”

Soo Hyuk feel his heart become heavy.

“You breaking up with me?”

“We were never a couple… we’re just casual partner, you said.”

“You breaking up with me to be with him?”

“No.”

“Liar!”

“No, oppa… I like him, I really do, I really want to be with him… but we can’t be together…”

“Why? He’s married?”
CL bitterly chuckles, “No, we just can’t… but I can’t live like this anymore, having a vague relationship with you is not a solution as well.”

“Then let’s make this relationship clear!”

“Why must we make this clear for public when its never clear for us?” CL said, “please, oppa, I love you but I need to be settle with my life…”

“Chaerin…” he pleaded, “why?”

“Oppa… please…”

 

+

 

A month later.

Soo Hyuk stop contacting her after a week, because CL also busy getting a lot of new contracts.

“I might be a bad guy to say I’m happy you broke up with him.” Xin said.

CL twirl her pasta with the fork without eating it.

“But I’m sad to see you sad like this, I know that must be hard.” Xin continues, “I mean he might not the best boyfriend ever but you already with him for quite sometimes, so  I know its hard to erase his presence, right?”

CL nodded, in fact, breaking up with Soo Hyuk is a big relieve to her heart. The one that makes her in sorrow is that she knew she also lose Jiyong.

She barely see him also because of her schedule and Xin said Jiyong is lessen the task for CL because she already has a good progress and now he’s preparing for some event that could bring up her name again, but for that one, Jiyong said he could prepare it from his office, so he didn’t go to YG very often anymore.

That part is successfully breaking her heart.

“Ready for the next schedule?” Xin get up from his chair.

CL nodded. She also get up from her chair and took her bag while Xin bring some stuff and calling the driver to pick them at YG lobby.

They’re waiting for the driver to come when suddenly Jiyong get off from his car at the lobby. CL knew she choke a bit.

“Hello, Jiyong-ssi.” Xin bowed when he walk passing them.

He bowed back and see CL, “Hello, Xin-ssi, Chaerin…”

CL nods and said nothing.

“Sir, Sajangnim is waiting.” One of YG secretary appear from behind them.

“Okay.” He follows the secretary.

 

Jiyong get into YG’s room and YG is already waiting.

“So, I read the report.” YG said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter