SS 12

Star Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

12.

 

 

CL open her eyes, its still dark outside, she check on her side and there’s the man sleeping peacefully beside her. She reach his arm and caressing it.

“Hey, you’re awake…?” he ask with his husky lazy voice.

“Uh-hum…” she replied.

“Go back to sleep, you need a lot of rests.” He pull her back to her embrace and kiss the top of her hair.

“So, oppa, you won the award?” she asked.

“Hmm…” he said, “can we talk about that tomorrow…? I’m sooo sleepy…”

“Alright…” she whispers.

 

The next morning CL woke up to a smell of good breakfast, she lazily walks towards her kitchen and saw Jiyong prepare breakfast for them.

“Smells good…” she sat on the dining table. Jiyong joined her while bringing toasts and coffee.

“Toast or big breakie?” he asked while pointing plate of egg and bacon.

“Coffee.” She said.

Jiyong smiled, “this one is for me, miss.”

CL pretended to pout.

He passes the toast and milk to her, “buy some fruits later when you go for groceries.” He said, “or you want me to do it for you? I can buy some fruit on my way to the office later.”

“Can’t we do the groceries together?”

Jiyong paused.

“Stupid question.” She mumbled.

“We can, of course we can go to the supermarket together, why not?” he said.

“Really?” she bites her toast.

Jiyong look at her and smile. Then she realize that its actually a no.

“Oppa, I asked you last night… did you win the award?”

“Oh… yes, I did.”

“Wow! Congratulation!” she said.

“Thank you.” Jiyong smiling again. “The awarding night party will be this weekend.”

“Oh I’m so proud of you.” She grinned. “By the way, the awarding night is on this weekend? Then how did you know that you won?”

“Because its based on polling, the polling closed last month, I won after you gave me testimonial and then judges reviewing everything again and its announced, I won.”

CL simply saying “oh…”

“So, what are you doing today?” he asked.

“Hmm… lazing around this place?” she said. “I’ve no schedule ‘till further notice from Xin oppa.”

As she said that suddenly there’s a beeping sound on the door. Xin enter the apartment with a big paper bag with a brand of breakfast restaurant in it.

He startled to see CL sitting on the dining table, eating breakfast with Jiyong.

“Ji…-oh, Chae, h-hi, good morning!” he finally bowed.

“Morning Xin-ssi, seems like you bring breakfast.”

“Yes I did, i-I brought some toasts and porridge.” Xin said, his face still analyzing the situation.

“Sit here, oppa, join us.” CL pointed at a chair beside her.

“W-what brings you here this early, Jiyong-ssi.” Xin asked.

“Worries brought me here last night.” He smiled.

Xin awkwardly nodded.

“He stayed here.” CL added.

Xin clears his throat, “So… you guys…?”

“Hmm?” CL smiling widely.

“You guys… together now?”

Jiyong chuckles.

“Well, you can say so, oppa…” CL grinning.

“Wow, congrats then…”

“But Xin-ssi…”

“Let’s drop the formalities, you’re dating CL, you’re like a brother to me now!”

“So am I your sister?” CL asked.

“No, of course no.” Xin said, “You’re more like annoying sibling.”

CL hits him.

“So, Jiyong, what did you gonna said.”

“Well, Xin… we’re decided to—“

“Take it slowly? Secretly?”

“How do you know?”

“I’m deal with this kind of thing a lot… of course I know.” Xin bite his sandwich, “don’t worry, no one’s gonna know… as long as both of you also being careful.”

CL and Jiyong nodded.

“But… why don’t you make it public?”

“After the bad comments I think its better to hold it before we go public, I also don’t want my relationship being a public meal. I want it safe and sound.” Jiyong said.

“So its better that no one knows…” CL continues.

 

+

 

Jiyong was at the office when his phone rang, he smiles when he saw CL’s name on the screen.

“Hey.” He answers.

Daesung and Dara who is sitting across him on his office talking about some programs, exchanging gaze. Never in the history of them working there seeing their boss blushing when talking on the phone.

“Hey, baby…” CL said. “What are you doing now?”

“Still at the office, in the middle of meeting to be exact…”

“Oh so I’m disturbing you?”

“Not at all… you’re not disturbing anyone.” He said, and again it gave a strange vibe to Dasung and Dara.

“Oh… okay, just wanna make sure that you’re back to my place, right?” CL asked.

“Yes, I think so…” he said, “why?”

“Uhm… nothing, just missing you.”

Daesung and Dara flinch when Jiyong smiling like idiot.

“Alright… I see…” he said.

“See what?” CL giggles.

“I’ll see you later okay…”

“Yes, baby.”

Jiyong hung up the phone with two pair of eyes looking at him with questions.

He clears his throat, “What?”

“So… who’s the girlfriend? Not planning on introduce girl who made hyung like a love sick teenage??” Daesung asked.

“What are you talking about.”

“Oh come on…” he said.

“I’m happy that you seems to be happy, sir.” Dara grinning.

“Yah! Its just a… friend.” Jiyong feel her face warm just think about CL.

“Well…” Daesung rolled his eyes.

Dara gave Jiyong a paper, “Schedule for you, sir.”

Jiyong took the paper and read it, “The award is not this week?”

“No sir, they postpone it to the next week and I don’t have any further explanation about that.”

“So… am I free this weekend?” Jiyong asked.

“Yes, sir.”

“Ok, clean my schedule from Friday to Sunday, I’m going out of town.”  Jiyong continued.

“Positive!” Daesung shout.

“What?” Jiyong asked.

“You got a girlfriend!”

“Shut up!” Jiyong hold his smile.

 

+

 

“A weekend getaway?” CL asked back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter