SS 8

Star Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

8.

 

 

 

Jiyong didn’t say anything for a while. Maybe her question was on point, ‘what kind of relationship do we have here?’ they were never mention anything, there’s no official statement about it, it started with just one kiss and end up with him wanting more.

There’s no statement of love, just a good night call and good morning texts, just some stolen glances and kisses.

“You’re right…” he mumbles.

“About what?” she asked.

“What kind of relationship do we have here?” he said almost whisper.

CL sighed.

“You still have that unfinished business with your partner, Soo Hyuk, and i…”

“And you…?” CL asked again.

“And I can’t have affair with my ‘suit’.”

 

CL close the door after Jiyong left, there wasn’t a proper goodbye, just him saying that this probably not the best time to have some kind of affiliation between them more than professional one. CL realized her heart was hurt when he said that, but she understand.

Just how Jiyong understand that CL’s heart is not fully for him. there’s Lee Soo Hyuk between them, and that hurts him too.

 

+

 

“Good morning!” Xin opened CL room at YG, he and CL arrived after lunch time because they have schedule in the morning and will have another one in the evening.

Jiyong startled to see them, he was at the room preparing some research.

“It’s not morning anymore.” CL murmured.

“Hello everyone.” Jiyong smiled.

CL peek at him but not saying anything.

Xin put down his bag and some CL’s stuff, “Chae, want some coffee? I’m going downstairs.”

CL panicking to know she might be at the same room only with Jiyong, she couldn’t bear the awkwardness later.

“Uh… no, oppa, I—uh  I will go to the coffeeshop with you.”

“No need, Chae, just rest before the next schedule, and remember the staff dinner tonight.” Xin said.

“Y-yes, but I’m not that tired, I want to—“

Xin furrowed his eyebrows and CL immediately stopped because she doesn’t want him to be suspicious.

And just right on time, YG came in and call CL.

“Chaerin, come with me to the studio.” He said.

CL unknowingly sigh in relieve, “Yes, sir!”

“And Jiyong-ssi, please join the staff dinner tonight.” YG continues.

CL gulped, she really hope Jiyong would refuse.

“No… no, thank you… I’m not even staff in here, so…”

“Please do come, it will be at my new grill restaurant, so you have to come!”

Jiyong scratched his nape, “Alright then.”

Xin looking at her disappear to the hallway before shrugging his shoulder and walking towards the door.

“Xin-ssi, wait, I’m coming with you to the coffeeshop.” Jiyong following him.

 

Xin order one iced Americano for him and one espresso for Jiyong.

“So…” Jiyong said when they’re already sitting at one of their sofa. “I heard Chaerin is now starting to make friends with other YG artists?”

“Yes, Jiyong-ssi, she actually really good, she even decided to go to staff dinner later.”

Jiyong nodded, “great…”

“Ah… Jiyong-ssi, I wanna asked you about something.”

JIyong alerted.

“About what?”

“Its about a relationship CL has…” Xin continues.

Jiyong couldn’t be more alerted than this, he even gulp his espresso in one shot.

“Jiyong-ssi, are you okay?”

“Y-yes, of course, why?”

“No, you seems… nervous…”

“What? Why should i?” Jiyong’s voice is higher.

“Well, then… back to the topic, I waana ask you about Cl and Soo Hyuk’s relationship, one day after her birthday, she told me that Soo Hyuk decided to make their relationship go public, I haven’t asked Sajangnim, but I wanna know your idea about it first… what do you think?”

“Why me?”

Xin paused, “Of course because you are her mentor.”

“O-oh… right.” Jiyong chuckles.

“So?”

“Well, so… uh…”

“Do you think It’d affect her career? What about her image?”

“Its..,” Jiyong clears his throat, “its actually bad for her image.”

“Is it?”

“Yes of course! She’s in the middle of going up again, she’s gonna have more friends first, she needs to regain her fans she lost before. And fans tend to be happier when their idol is still single.”

“Oh… is that so..?” Xin rubbed his chin.

“Yes!” Jiyong enthusiastically said. “Moreover, Soo Hyuk. Xin-ssi, don’t you think he’s serious? What if they break up after they announce the relationship because—as usual—Soo Hyuk bail out again? What if Soo Hyuk do something bad and drag her image? My works will be a waste.”

“But Soo Hyuk seems serious…”

“How do you know he’s serious? He probably using Chae to gain some new fans. However Chae is more famous than him.”

“I know… well, it could be…”

“Of course it could be!”

“Uhm… Jiyong-ssi, why you seems so impassioned?”

“W-what? Me?” he stopped, “uh… no, I was just… you know, i… I always like this when its about work.” He grab his cup and gulp it while its already empty.

“And one more question.” Xin said.

“W-what?”

“How do you think they’re relationship going? I mean should I suggest her to stop it? Or just keep going like usual?”

Jiyong took a deep breath, its hard enough to breath and he know its because he’s jealous, “Xin-ssi, first, we’re nobody to separate them. Second, I’m not a relationship expert, and third, I don’t care.”

 

+

 

CL came with Xin to the restaurant and immediately welcomed by many people who already there, most of then looking at her oddly, and it simply because she was never come.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter