SS 13

Star Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

13.

 

 

The hired paparazzi caught Jiyong in HongKong the next day and claimed that the pictures taken several days before, when CL caught dipping in hot spring with a guy.

 

Star singer, CL, caught having intimate hot spring date with a mysterious guy.

The star photographed having a steamy holiday with a mysterious guy, before we assumed she’s being with rumored lover, Kwon Jiyong, the ‘self-improvement’ mentor is caught by paparazzi’s camera walking in Hong Kong street at the same day. Is CL got a new lover? Or this actually a secret affair that should be hidden from her lover who peacefully enjoying his coffee in Hong Kong street?

 

CL sighed reading the article, she’s been anticipating this but she never thought that they would write something like this.

“Its not like what I expected.” Xin said.

CL didn’t say anything.

“Too harsh and make you look…”

“Cheap.” CL completed his sentence.

“Chae…”

She sat down on the couch in her room.

“At least I saved a career.” She weakly smiled.

“You changed a lot…” Xin patted her head.

“Thanks… he changed me.”

“You’re in love.” Xin said.

“Maybe…”

“Anyway, he keep on checking on you… by texting me.”

“Really?”

“Well, he texted me to ask if you’re okay with the news.” Xin said.

“Just that?”

“Hmm… yeah, mostly related to that.”

CL sighed, “Is he okay?”

“Why you guys have to broke up if you still want each other?” Xin groans, “I don’t understand.”

“I told you I don’t wanna give him a hard life just because he dates me, we can wait…” she said, “You know how cruel is the media could be, right?”

Xin nodded.

“I’m sure we can wait.”

 

And that’s how they keep believing it.

Last time she heard about him is he got the award and got many compliments and recognition. Sadly after that, there was zero communication from both parties, neither Jiyong or CL contacted each other.

 

+

 

Six months later.

 

Xin picked CL from the filming set, she’s now busy being a brand ambassador for a shopping mall, her image is totally different now.

CL is still the number one star in Korea, plus she got many friends, and fans loving her more.

“Oppa, what’s my next schedule?” she asked while resting her back in the van.

“You got another schedule in the evening, so now let’s have a good meal and rest before retouching your make up.” He said.

“Alright…” she smiled.

They’re passing one of the main road where Jiyong’s building is. And she saw a big billboard with Jiyong’s face in it.

 

K+ self improvement intitute.

Kwon Jiyong, Award Winning Founder.

 

She feels a little sting in her heart. She still missing him sometimes, even after six months passed, she still hoping someday she’ll meet him again.

“Is everything okay?” Xin asked. He saw when CL looking at the billboard sign.

“Yeah, oppa.”

“He look chubby in that picture.” Xin chuckles.

“Maybe he really getting chubbier…” she mumbled.

“You still missing him?”

“What are you saying? I’m fine.”

“Come on, Lee Chaerin, you’re talking to me not to some random people.”

“Well…” she sighed.

“Don’t you think its time to try again?”

“Try what?” she pretended to busy looking at her phone.

“No one is talking about your relationship with him anymore.”

“He didn’t even contact me, maybe he’s busy and doesn’t need girlfriend right now…” she said.

“What if he thinks the same way like you now?”

CL didn’t say anything for a while.

Suddenly Xin handed her a big pretty envelopes.

“Wedding invitation.” He said.

CL feels her heart stop beating.

“H-He got married??”

Xin laughs, “read it.”

 

Wedding invitation

Sandara Park & Dong Youngbae

December 12, 2016

6 pm – 9 pm

Main Ballroom of U Hotel, Seoul.

 

“Dara?” she asked.

“Yes…”

“Oh My…” then she suddenly stop, “But it means…”

“…that you’ll probably will meet him there.”

She bits her lip.

“This weekend… will you come?”

“But what if…”

“What?” Xin asked.

“Will he still remember the promise…?”

 

+

 

CL couldn’t stop thinking about it and when she told Bom about it she couldn’t hide the excitement and keep asking CL to go shopping with her.

“You have to look amazing!” Bom said.

“I don’t know…”

“You’re worried, aren’t you?”

CL nodded.

“I never see you like this before, I mean you always full of confidence.” Bom said.

CL sighed, “I also don’t understand…” she mumbles.

“He’s different, isn’t he?”

“Maybe… he’s the first person who make me feel this way, he confuses me, he makes me want to put him first… and I never do that. For me, myself is always the first.”

“That’s actually sweet.” Bom smiles, “Well, then you have to be ready to see him!” she drag CL entering one famous boutique.

 

+

 

“How do I look?” CL standing before Xin in one of the most amazing frock by Valentino.

Xin whistles, “Wow! You’re beyond amazing.”

“Really?”

“Oh come on, Chae, you should boost up your confidence!” XIn drag her, “Let’s go, we’re almost late.”

“Oppa! I—I’m not ready!”

“We don’t have time for drama!”

“I’m not being dramatic.” She sulking while follow Xin.

 

They arrived in U Hotel a little bit late from schedule, many guests are already come. But its not CL if she doesn’t get the attention right after the arrival. People are looking at her, she walks in with Xin and one assistant walked behind her.

Xin knew she’s a bit nervous, she doesn’t have her chin up high as usual, her eyes is busy looking for certain person. And then Xin knows something is not right when he saw CL’s face expression changing.

She looks pale.

And when he follow her gaze, he saw Jiyong talking to some people, with a woman standing next to him and linking arm with him.

 

+

 

CL immediately turn back to Xin.

“Its all your fault!” she hissed.

“W-what?”

“You encouraged me to come and see??” she looks disappointed.

Xin didn’t reply he feels guilty to see CL sad.

“This is your fault!” she furrowed.

“Chae, let’s greet the bride and groom and if you want to go after this then I’ll make excuse for you… I’m… I’m sorry.”

CL took a deep breath.

“Please, people are looking…” Xin said, “Smile!”

CL walked in front and tried to keep her head up while she feels her heart scattered.

“Chaerin-ssi.” Dara smiling wide when see her.

“Hi, congratulation!” Cl said to Dara and her husband.

“Pleasure to meet you, CL-ssi…” Youngbae, Dara’s husband bowed.

“Thank you for coming.” Dara said.

She smiled. “Pleasure is mine.”

“And… uh… have meet Jiyong-ssi?” she asked.

“Hmm.. not yet, but I hope he’s healthy because i… kind of in hurry…” she look at Xin.

“Oh you have another schedule?” Dara

“Uh… y-yes, CL has to go somewhere after this.”

Suddenly Youngbae signaling Dara that they have to greet other guest.

“Uhmm… sorry CL-ssi, I have to—“

“Oh sure, your today’s star, go… go…” she smiled.

Xin and the other assistant bowed.

“Chaerin…” suddenly someone called her, the voice that she’s familiar.

CL looking at Xin.

“Should I tell him that you’re in hurry?”

She took another deep breath, “no, let me say hi, but if suddenly the girl come, you-have-to-rescue-me!!!” she whispers then slowly turning to the voice.

“OH, hi… Jiyong-ssi.” She bowed.

Jiyong laughing, “What are you doing? Why being so formal?”

“Well, you taught me so…”

Both of them awkwardly standing facing each other.

“So…” he said, “How are you?”

“I’m good… busy, tired, but happy.” She forced a sincere smile. “How about you? Have you been good?”

“Business is good, never been bett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter