SS 7

Star Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

7.

 

 

 

“What was that for?” Jiyong asked.

“I’m sorry…”

“What? What you’re sorry for?” Jiyong confused.

CL walked towards the exit door.

“Wait, Chae, you can’t just leave like this.” He hold her from exiting.

“I’m sorry, it was—“

“If that kiss is just to play with me once again, I won’t forgive you.”

“I don’t…” she look down. “…know.”

Jiyong scratch his head, he’s so confuse.

“I… I just, I never felt like this before, I mean, I feel like you’re invading my space too much, I get used to you presence and I don’t want you to be far. I keep looking for you when you’re not there in YG building.” CL mumbles. “I know its your job to be near me, but somehow—tonight—when you said you mad at Soo Hyuk because he treated me badly… I just can’t think of anything else, I feel rest assure whenever you’re near… just like when Xin oppa is around. No! not like that, its different, because I never have a man who can control me… and suddenly you came and control my life.”

“But that’s my job…”

“I know! I know that’s why I feel stupid now!”

“Chaerin…”

“Stop!” she said, “Forget everything that happened tonight.”

“But…”

“No buts! Please. Just forget this, okay??”

Jiyong stand still.

“Forget it. Okay?” she grabbed her pouch and leaves him.

 

Chaerin get into her apartment, all feelings are mixed, she’s mad at her stupid self, mad at Jiyong who made her being stupid. Moreover she’s embarrassed of herself and she couldn’t even think of seeing him again tomorrow or anytime in the future.

“Stupid, stupid, idiot, moron, freaking senseless-reckless Chaerin, you idiotic fool!!!” she scolded herself while walking back and forth in her room.

Ding dong

CL gasped.

“Who’s that??” she shouts.

“Chaerin, open the door.” She heard Jiyong’s voice.

“… … oh what should I doooo…”

“Chae…?”

“Nooo…” she cried, “Oh please, wall eat me alive, pleaseee…” she leaned on the wall near her.

“Chae…” he knocked. “Open it or I’ll open the door by myself, I know your passcode…”

CL took a deep breath, “ it!”

She opened the door.

 

“I can’t!” he said.

“What?” she replied.

“I can’t forget it cause I don’t want to forget what you just did to me.”

“But Jiyong-ssi…”

“Look, I’ve been surrounded by celebrities, and troubled people but you’re the first troubled celebrity that actually got my full attention, I don’t know why since the first time you walked into my office, I feel like want to protect you. I know your negative attitude is your shield from the cruelty of entertainment work, I could read it all in your face.”

CL gasped.

“Seeing you having an unhealthy relationship with Soo Hyuk bothered me so much. Again, I couldn’t ignore you, my eyes will looking for you whenever you’re not around and I don’t know why.”

CL feels like her heart is going to explode.

“I’m sorry, its so unprofessional and I shouldn’t do this either, but you… you’re the first woman that make me couldn’t take control of myself.” He walks forward.

CL just standing there looking at the guy before her.

“Chaerin…” he whispers.

CL gulped, she knew she’s craving for his touched and when he really run his thumb over her cheek, pulling closer to his face, and gently pressing his lips to hers, she knew she’s slowly falling deeper for him.

 

+

 

Its funny how this unwanted relationship started.

Jiyong never thought he’ll fall for a girl like CL, a free-spirited girl, with a touch of bad attitude. But this girl successfully bring him up all night just to talk to her.

And for CL, after the kiss, she feels like a high school girl who’s in love for the first time, she’ll patiently wait for Jiyong to call her at night after text her to make sure that Xin is not around, and they will have a light talk before sleep, during the day when they're unable to meet, he’ll text her about the formal things like her tasks, her schedule but will insert some caring questions like ‘what are you doing now? Have you eat? Take care. Rest well.’ And it’d gain an ear-to-ear smile from CL.

 

Its been almost a week after the incident, they don’t see each other very often because Jiyong didn’t come to YG everyday and even if he came, he didn’t get a chance to see her because CL started to get new schedules.

CL startled to see Jiyong after several days only hear his voice from the telephone.

“Morning, Chaerin.” He acted stiff as usual.

CL smiled, “Good morning, Jiyong-ssi.”

“Where’s Xin-ssi?” he asked.

“He’s not here…” she replied.

“Oh.” He lift his head from the newspaper he holds and find CL grinning.

“Come here, you.” She said.

JIyong smiling and walked towards her, “Hello, you…” he whispers and peck her lips.

CL giggling, “This is so thrilling.”

But the the doors open and they jumping parted in reflex.

“Hi, morning all.” Xin enter the room bringing some stuffs.

“Morning, oppa, what’s that?” CL clears .

“Just some new endorsement for you… looks like your popularity back to normal.” Xin dropped all the goods.

“Great…” she mumbles, she peek at Jiyong who already back to his desk and started working.

“Well, oppa, call me when we’re ready to go to my schedule, now im going to YG coffee shop.” CL said and immediately walking out of the room, she’s afraid that she couldn’t act natural infront of Xin. She never keep any secret from him, but this one, she couldn’t share it just yet.

 

“Skinny latte?” the barista asked.

“Oh you remember?” She smiled.

“I always remember, CL-ssi… but before I have no guts to talk to you… you were unreachable before, but now…”

“I’m more humble?” she asked.

The barista laughs, “Yes… and the skinny latte will come to you very soon.”

CL say thank you before walking towards the pick up order desk.

She look around and see Bom and Top, the duet sub unit in YG, they seems busy talking about something. Then CL remember what Jiyong said before.

Making friends is easy, just start with a simple ‘hi’

“Your skinny latte, CL-ssi.”

“Oh thank you.” She took it then walk towards Bom and TOP, she’s inhales before saying, “Hi.”

Bom and TOP looking at her like something weird.

“Can I sit with you, guys?”

They seemed co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter