SS 4

Star Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4

 

Jiyong is a man of plans. He’d got plan for everything and Chaerin is the total opposite, all plans that she has is to meet Soo Hyuk.

“This is called to-do-lists.” Jiyong gave her a paper with dates and hours there.

“So?”

“Try to write down everything that you need to do here.”

“Xin oppa will do that to me.”

“Yes, but there’s no Xin oppa for several days.” Jiyong said.

Xin’s grandma passed away last night and he has to go to Daegu again for several days. The substitute manager came this morning and since he just came with less knowledge about her private schedules—and worse—without skinny latte for CL, she spent the morning yelling at him.

“Then that manager oppa will do it for me.”

“Chaerin, you yelled at him because he doesn’t know your private schedule just now. So, you should write down for him what you want to do today besides your schedule.” Jiyong gave him pen.

“Hmm… what day is it?” she tapped the pen to her chin.

“Wednesday.”

“What I usually do on Wednesday?”

Jiyong sighed. “here’s your last week schedule.” He gave her a paper.

 

12.45  : dentist

15.00  : meet the wardrobe team

16.30  : nail shop (Chae having manicure)

18.30  : Sajangnim asked to meet Chaerin

 

CL studying her schedule last week, “Oh Go, why Xin oppa made a very ineffective schedule like this?”

“Which one?”

“Look at this, my dentist and my nail shop is in a same area, why he has to bring me to meet the wardrobe team first then back again to the nail shop?”

Jiyong looking at the paper, CL might right but he got another idea about it.

“No, Chae, he’s actually made it on purpose, he knew you need rest so he made long journey between one and another schedule so you can rest and sleep at the car.”

CL amused, “Really?”

“Wow… he’s really thoughtful.” Jiyong mumbled.

Chaerin feels her heart touched. Xin oppa is one of the rare people who stand by her.

 

+

 

Jiyong grabbed his suit jacket, “I’m having lunch outside. Are you coming?” he asked CL.

CL flinched, “W-what?”

Jiyong confuse, “I’m asking you to have lunch and why are you flinching like I’m asking you to buried yourself alive?”

“Because… why would I go lunch with you??”

“Oh…” Jiyong chuckles, “right… right…”

This ‘suit’ is not just and ordinary ‘suit’ she’s an A-list star who can’t be seen with just anyone.

“Well, then… I’ll go by myself.” He continues,

“Why don’t you go with Dara-ssi?”

“Huh?”

“How’s it going?”

“Oh, her… uh, you know, its not like wh—“

“I know you’re shy.” She laughs, “Acting like you’re a relationship expert, I fact that you can’t even look at her in the eye.” She smirked.

“Hey, its not—“ suddenly his phone rang, he look at the caller ID. “Oh hello, Dara.” He’s peeking on Chaerin who’s now raising her eyebrows. “I’m about to going out for lunch, you wanna come with me? I’ll pick you up at the office lobby.” He said while leaving to the door.

CL burst to laugh when Jiyong closes the door.

 

She was eating salads from the cafeteria downstairs while watching her own performance, to study her mistakes until her phone rang.

“Hey babe.” Soo Hyuk called her.

After that night when Jiyong drop her off his apartment and she saw So Hyuk, she was right, Soo Hyuk was waiting for her, he said he shouldn’t put the party first.

“Hi.” She replied.

“What are you doing?”

“Just chillin at the company.” She said.

“Have no schedule?”

“I have in the afternoon I guess.”

“Have you eat something for lunch?” he asked.

“Yes but only a bad salad.”

“Why? Did YG asked you to diet?”

“No, babe, Xin oppa is on leave for several days, my new manager is missing—probably want to die in hunger—well, Jiyong asked me to have lunch with him, but…”

“He asked you to have lunch with him?” Soo Hyuk repeated her statement, “After driving you home that night? What did I miss, babe?”

CL laughs, “he’s practically working at the same room with me right now, we’re like co-workers, no, we’re friends.”

Suddenly Jiyong enters the room, nod at her.

“You’re friends with him? Really?” Soo Hyuk asked.

“Don’t spoiled me with your jealousy…” CL made her voice so y.

Jiyong can’t help but overhearding her conversation, her voice is so mild and y, he couldn’t help but imagining if that voice is talking to him. But the he shook his head, pushing all the thoughts.

“Alright, talk to you later…” she ended the phone call.

She turned to Jiyong who starts busy with his laptop.

“So whasuuupp~?” she leaned on his desk.

“Wassup?”

“How’s the lunch~?” she asked with a teasing tone.

“Oh the lunch was good and  I’m full, thanks for asking.”

“I’m sure it was nice lunch.” She grinned.

“Look, Chaerin if you trying to keep on teasing about me and my secretary, that is so wrong.”

“I know, it sounds a lot like drama and that’s sounds inappropriate, but hey~ who can blame feelings, Ji?” she puckered her lips.

Jiyong sighed. “Go away, I need to concentrate.”

She scoffed. She walked back to the couch and playing with her cellphone.

“Is this what you really do everyday if you have no schedule?” he suddenly asked.

“What?”

Jiyong pointed all over her, “That.”

She looking at him in confuse.

“You just sitting around all day, playing with your phone…”

“Oh, well… this is the first time I’ve been so relax after… I don’t know… 10 years? You know, all the rumors and news out there kind of cornered me. Actually today I have a regular filming for a TV show, but they cancel it.”

“So, you’re schedule for today is lying around here all day?”

She chuckles, “No, I’m having interview with a music magazine in three hours, and dinner with my production team for the album. Maybe having manicure in between if I have time.”

“Did the manager already give your schedule?”

“Not yet, but I just know… you know, I have a sharp mind, I actually know my schedule but I just like to be spoiled.” She’s laughing.

 

+

 

Xin is back few days later,

“Oppaaa…” she was glad to see him.

“What Chae? You seems too bright and it frightened me.” Xi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter