Lunch

Oh Boy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Junior Year

 

INT – Jaehyun’s Bedroom – 3:00 PM

 

 

Solbin; 2:45PM

I’m excited for the movie Age of Shadows, should we watch it together?

 

 

Jaehyun; 3:00PM

I don’t think I can.

 

 

Solbin; 3:00PM

Why not?

 

 

Jaehyun 3:20PM

I promised to watch it someone.  

 

 

Solbin; 3:20PM

That makes me sad. Hehe.

 

 

Jaehyun; 3:30PM

Hehe.

 

 

 

“What are you doing?!”, Chungha surprised the very idle Jaehyun, who was still on his bed.

“The hell, Chungha! I’m resting.”, he whined, as he covers himself with a blanket and a pillow on his head.

She ran up to him, patting the boy playfully – as she sat beside him on his bed.

“What?”, he asked.

“I want to watch a movie.”

“Go watch a movie then.”

“I don’t want to watch a movie alone.”

“I’m tired.”

“BUT. BUT! BUT!!!”

“What?”

“I’m bored.”

“Go read a book then.”

“But I’m in the mood to watch something.”

 

--

 

The two friends reached a compromise to watch a movie in Jaehyun’s room. Granted that it’s Chungha’s responsibility to pay for their meal.

They chose to watch the first Indiana Jones movie – Raiders of the Lost Ark. For it was the one of a few interesting high school kid friendly films in Mr. Nam’s Blu-ray shelf.  

For a movie of its age, it surprisingly feels real and undeniably good – there were several jump scares which made Chungha scream, as she hides behind Jaehyun – who was laughing at her most of the time.

She hits his arm several times, “Don’t be mean! Don’t tell me that scary trap didn’t surprise you!”

Jaehyun continued on laughing, as he pulls her closer – covering them in his blanket. “There, there.”, he said. “Come here you, scaredy-cat!”

She kept on hitting his thigh with her fist, wasting no time to express how he was being irritating to her.

 

-

 

Chungha was basically sleeping after an half an hour through the movie. He lays her sleepy bopping head on his shoulder. Running his hand through her hair, he chuckled softly at the fact that minutes ago she was showing no mercy towards him - hitting him wherever she pleases as hard as she could. And now, here she is beside him, in deep slumber. Not even giving consideration to the movie they picked.

“Is she sleeping?”, asked Mrs. Jung, who brought snacks for them to it.

Jaehyun nods, motioning to his mom to keep it down.

“I know, I know!”, she whispered loudly, tip toeing her way out.

 

-

 

Chungha woke up, sleeping beside Jaehyun on his bed – with his back facing her. Rubbing her eyes, she sat up to realize it’s already 9:00PM.

“Jaehyun…”, she pokes his back, hoping for a response.

“Hmmmm?”, he groaned.

“Are you sleeping?”

He turned to face her, rubbing his eyes. “Are you really asking me that question right now?”

“Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“Because you won’t wake up.”

“Oh…”

The loud sound of her stomach growling, caused them to stare directly each other in the eyes.

“Are you hungry?”, he asked.

With a smile, she nods… playfully patting his shoulder. Making him sat up, and just stare at her. “What do you want?”

“Jajjang!”

 

-

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter