Scream

Oh Boy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNIOR YEAR

 

 

INT – Jaehyun and Joohyuk’s House – 07:00PM, Sunday

 

The whole family is having dinner – with take-out chicken and ramen, a special request from the three men in Mrs. Jung’s life.

“So…  Jaehyun. Coach called me last night. I’m going to be at school this Wednesday. I’m going to play with you guys along with Jisoo for some friendly competition.”, Joohyuk happily announced.

Contrast to his brother, Jaehyun flatly replied. “Oh yeah, he told me that last night too.”

 “Isn’t it exciting that you boys are going to be playing together?!”, Mrs. Jung excitedly said.

“We’re playing against each other mom.”, the younger one corrects her.

Hitting the back of his head, she pouts. “I know that.”

“What’s the game for?”, asked Mr. Nam.

After biting the chicken he picked, Joohyuk then answered. “Since most of us are home from break. Coach decided to reminisce and test the new team out.”

“OOOOOOOH! Can I come and cheer for you boys?!”, asked Mrs. Jung.

“Yes, of course.”, said Joohyuk.

“No. Dear god, NO.”, said Jaehyun.

 

 

 

INT – Study Room 3, School – 05:00PM, Monday

 

Chungha goes to her locker to get some books for her tutorial session. Opening the locker, she finds a note: 

 

"ONE: I think you are really pretty."

 

--

 

 

Chungha offers tutorial help whenever she’s free. And her first and only student is a freshman named Somi – a transferee from the US, and is the sweetest thing. She looks up to Chungha a lot, always following her whenever she can, since she feels as if she’s like the sister she never had.

A knock on the door was heard, and it was from a freshly showered Jaehyun who just came from basketball practice.

“SHHHHHH!”, the two girls motioned as he entered and sits across them.

“I like your big brother more, he sounded much nicer than you.” Somi commented, as she watches Jaehyun settled his books on the table.

Annoyed, Jaehyun hits back with a curious question, “How did you even know my STEP brother, you weren’t even here yet when he left?”

Realizing where the source came from, both looked at Chungha who was avoiding eye contact.

Crossing his arms as he stood, “Oh, really now?! Is that how it is with us Kim Chungha?! After all we’ve been through!”

Chungha then threw a freshly crumpled scratch paper on towards him, “Sit down, and quit being a drama queen! We’re teaching Somi some very important piece of our country’s language.”

“TCH.”

Chungha told him off, “You just wait there, we are almost finished.”, as she writes some notes for Somi to look over.

He then looked at Somi who was annoyingly flashing her tongue at him.

 

 

--

 

 

“Jaehyun.”

“Jaehyuuuuuun.”

Not having any of it, she decided to tap his forehead lightly - “Hey. You! Wake up.”

And it worked, thank god. Sitting up right, with his eyes still closed.“How long have I been out?”

“15 Minutes.”, she said, as she taps his cheeks to help him wake up.

Fixing himself, he realized that he has a post it stuck on his hair with a note:

 

“I don’t like you for Chungha. You’re mean.”

 

“What the hell is this?”

Chungha then fixes his fringe, “Somi adores you.”

“ADORE?!”, he then stood to take a seat beside her. “Do you think she ADORES me?! I think that word you are looking for is HATE. LOATHE. DESPISE.”  

Tapping his deep dimple with her finger, “You’re such a whiner. I don’t even know why we are friends at this point.”

Showing a little tantrum, he then crumpled Somi’s note and threw it on the table in front of Chungha.

Realizing that the move he did was wrong – for she looked at him with a very stern look. He carefully picked the crumpled paper up, saying the word “Sorry” softly. As he moves closer to her, fixing her hair with his hands, then massaging her shoulders. “I did wrong, I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

EXT – Front of School Gate – 05:30PM

 

 

Walking out of the school, the two friends tease each other by pulling each other’s bags whenever they had a chance.

“Stop it!”, she said, hitting his arm.

“You started it!”

Their attention were then caught by Ten who running towards them, calling Jaehyun’s name repeatedly. The boy then stopped next to Jaehyun, with his hand on Jaehyun’s shoulder as he tries to catch his breath.

He then looks at Chungha who was keenly observing his hand on Jaehyun’s shoulder, somehow made him a bit ticked off. Resulting to him taking Jaehyun’s wrist and dragged him away from her.

She observes how her bestfriend and his alleged “lover” and team mate act together. Ten clung to Jaehyun’s arm, as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter