Brother

Oh Boy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNIOR YEAR

 

INT – CLASS 3-A Classroom – 09:00 AM

 

Staying up all night reading Matt Haig’s Reasons to Stay Alive, Chungha can’t seem to find the will to stay awake during their Philosophy class being thought by Mr. Lee, whose soft spoken voice just adds to Chungha’s reasons to not stay awake.

Sitting right next to her was Jaehyun who keeps on stealing glances, as he watches her head bop and try to stay alert. It’s an entertaining spectacle for him, since she’s always like this – and it never gets old.

With her eyes finally giving up, Chungha falls into deep inertia as Mr. Lee announces an important information.

“This is going to be on the test… so you guys should take down notes of all the pages I’ll be writing on the board.”

With Mr. Lee’s back facing the class, and a plan to fill the board with page numbers, Jaehyun decided to cover-up his sleeping friend with a trick.

*tap*

He puts one of his textbooks upright, just the right size to conceal tiny Chungha.

Jaehyun spent the whole class writing down every page number from the board, and frequently stares at his bestfriend’s snoozing face – at the same time making sure no one would notice her napping the class away.

 

 

INT – School Library – 11:00 AM

 

As the bell rings, Chungha wakes up slowly trying to be alert as she stood. She then intentionally messed up Jaehyun’s hair before running out the door heading to the library.

Knowing her anti-social habits, Jaehyun followed her moments later and found her in the YA section.

He pokes her head, to make her aware he arrived. “You slept soundly in Mr. Lee’s class.”

“I know.”

He cups her face, pinching her cheeks “Thanks to you, I had to take down the notes and watch you drool in the process.”

Jaehyun then grabs the back of her collar, “C’mon.”, and starts walking – pulling her to her distaste. “We need to eat.”

 

 

EXT – School Rooftop – 11:00 AM

 

Opening his lunch box prepared by his mom, Jaehyun watches how Chungha’s face lit up to the sight of rice balls, egg rolls and grilled pork.

“My mom adores you too much.”

“I can’t help it if she finds me adorable!”, as she grabs a rice ball, putting a piece of grilled pork on top of it.

He playfully pushes her forehead with his finger, “Keep telling yourself that.”

She then pokes his dimples for a payback, making him whine, “Stop that.”

“Jae!”, called Ten who was quickly walking towards them with another boy.

“This is Doyoung, the new water boy.”, Ten said.

Chungha then watches Ten as he discussed with Jaehyun the schedule for this weekend’s basketball training. Ten then noticed how she was staring at him, kind of startling him. Resulting to him giving her a firm look.

Noticing this, Jaehyun then ran his hand over her face to make her stop. Which she returned with a dozen punches on his shoulder.

“He hates me.” Chungha quickly expressed after the two boys walked away.  

Jaehyun takes a bite of the rice ball that Chungha was eating. “Well at least I’m here. And I like you. What more do you need, girl?”

“Tch.”, as she teasingly pokes his deep dimple.  

 

 

EXT – Front of School Gate – 03:00 PM

 

“Hurry up!”, Jaehyun whined as Chungha was taking too much time putting on her shoes.

They then hear girls screaming outside, which made them curious.

A Navy Blue Ford-F150 Lariat was parked in front of the school gate, where there seem to be a tall model-like boy leaning on his car – the main cause of all the ruckus. And it was Joohyuk, Jaehyun’s step brother - Chungha’s first love.  

Jaehyun observed how Chungha’s cheeks turned to pale to a shade of rosy pink. Yes, she still likes him – he believed.

“Oh! Jaehyun! Chungha!” Joohyuk waved at them with charming smile on his face, breathtaking enough to make every girl checking him out sigh out loud.

Jaehyun salutes, “Yo!”, before he took a hold of Chunga’s wrist who was frozen and a flustered mess.

“It’s been a long while.”, the older one greeted her. Making her shyly look down, astonished.

Jaehyun hated it, and asked quickly asked his step

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter