Rain

Oh Boy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Emil Ludwig once said,

“The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story.

It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender.”

 

 

INT – Chungha’s Room – 10:00PM, Friday

 

“I like you, Kim Chungha”

Jaehyun’s voice echoed inside Chungha’s head – over and over again.

Touching her lips, as she stares at the ceiling above her. Chungha asked herself if she’s definitely awake or just dreaming the last 20 minutes that happened.

The boy she’s loved as a best friend kissed her, and she doesn’t know what to do.

 

 

 

INT – Jaehyun’s house, Kitchen – 10:00PM, Friday

 

Getting sick from the view of his bedroom ceiling, Jaehyun decided to go to the kitchen to get a drink. He brought out the chocolate milk carton, and his mug to the island counter.

“Can’t sleep?”, asked Mr. Nam who came from his bedroom.

“Yeah.”

“Anything you want to share?”

Jaehyun gave him a soft smile. Indicating that he’s not ready to talk.

Finishing his glass of water, “Alright then. Hope you’ll sleep tonight, then.”, Mr. Nam gave Jaehyun the salute before walking back to his bedroom.

Running his hand through his hair, as he puts his now empty mug on the counter. Jaehyun recalled what could be the most unforgettable moment in his life, to date – he kissed her. Out of nowhere, he kissed her. Without apologies, he pressed his lips on hers, and he doesn’t know what to do.

 

 

 

INT – Jaehyun’s House, Kitchen – 07:00AM, Saturday

 

“Jaehyun dear, can you get Chungha from her apartment? I want to have her join us for breakfast.”

Close to spitting out the orange juice he just drank, Jaehyun rolled his eyes and obeyed. “Alright.”

 

 

 

INT – Chungha’s Apartment – 07:15 AM

 

With heavy steps, Jaehyun found himself in front of Chungha’s door. Breathing deeply before finally knocking.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

“Who is it?”, she asked.

“It’s me.”

It took her a while before finally opening the door.

“Mom wants you have breakfast at home.”

Not meeting his eyes, “Okay.”

Changing her shoes, she walked in front of him. Trying to keep her cool.

“Chungha.”

“Hmmm?”

“About last night…”

“Auntie might be looking for me…”, she cuts him off, walking before him.  

 

 

INT – Jaehyun’s house, dining room – 07:30AM

 

Breakfast went well without any hurdle. If there was an awkward air between the two friends, others were not able to detect it.

“Can we trust the two of you to clean up?”, asked Mrs. Jung. “I’ll be coming along with Joohyuk and your dad to Busan to visit grandma.”

“No worries, Mrs. Jung.”

Mrs. Jung adoringly pats Chungha’s head. “Thank you, dear! And oh! Make sure to come to dinner later as well. We’ll have food from fresh from Busan. Okay?”

Chungha nods, with Jaehyun carefully watching her. Thankful that they’re getting some alone time to talk.

 

 

-

 

 

In silence and without anyone daring to talk - Jaehyun was the one in charge of washing the dishes, as Chungha was wiping them clean. 

Jaehyun tried to clear his throat several times, but headed nowhere.

That was until Chungha opened the back door, making way for a huge dragonfly to enter the kitchen. Freaked out, Chungha was screaming and jumping senseless, out of panic Jaehyun puts his arms around her, where she fell over leaning to him. Chungha puts both arms around Jaehyun, as if she was trying to hide.

With the dragonfly flying out of the door. Unaware Chungha still held on to Jaehyun tightly than before. Teary eyed and scared, Jaehyun encircled both his arms around her.

“Chungha…”

“What?”

“The dragonfly… it just flew out.”

Finally opening her eyes, still envelope in Jaehyun’s arms. Chungha doesn’t know what to do next. With her still holding to his shirt tightly, getting out of the situation seem so highly unlikely to end with another round of awkwardness.

Softly smiling, he called her again. “Chungha.”

Quickly she let go, trying to compose herself. Running her hand through her hair. “That was a huge dragonfly. You know how they scare me.”, she tried to explain herself.”

“I know.”, as he lightly chuckled thinking how cute she was.

Jaehyun’s phone then suddenly rings, where Chungha saw Solbin’s name and photo on the scre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter