Lie

Oh Boy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNIOR YEAR

 

 

INT – 3-1 Clasroom – 11:30AM

 

As Chungha rummages through the contents of her bag for a lip balm, she then finds another note once again.

 

“Three: Seeing you always makes my day.”

 

“What’s that?”, asked Jaehyun who was sipping banana milk, at the same time putting a cold bottle of strawberry milk on the top of her head.

“Nothing.”, she said as she keeps it in her bag’s back pocket. “Just a scratch paper.”

 

 

 

INT – Study Room 7, School – 05:00PM

 

“CHUNGHAAAAAA, PLEASEEEE. You know I love you – right?! And I’ll do everything for you… right?!”

Somi had been at it since she came to the study room, and Chungha is close to having a headache.

“Remember my cousin, Solbin? She seem to like that Jaehyun… that rude friend of yours. And since you guys are so close, you might help them blossom into this school’s most talked about couple! Isn’t that exciting?!”, by now, she’s practically shaking Chungha – that her soul could escape from herself.

Thinking about it,  it’s not that bad of a task. Though unfortunate for Solbin, she fell for a charismatic, secretly gay guy like Jaehyun – but all is not lost for everything is possible, Chungha thought.

“Fine.”, she said, making Somi stop her annoyingly cute act. “I’ll help Solbin.”  

 

 

 

EXT – Jaehyun & Chungha’s Favorite Tteokbokki Place – 06:00PM

 

“Aren’t you going to eat?” asked Jaehyun who paused as Chungha was zoning out in front of food – especially in front of the Tteokboki.

“Oh! Uh… yeah. Sorry.”

He reaches out to wipe her cheek, which had a Tteokbokki sauce on it, “What’s wrong? My brother?!”

“No! It’s not always about your brother, you know.”

He scoffed, as he hits her forehead with his spoon. “Then what is it then? Things happen whenever you zone out.”

“That hurt! And eeeeeeeeew, didn’t you eat with that spoon?”

Rolling his eyes, Jaehyun raised his spoon, getting Tteokbokki place’s auntie’s attention. “Auntieeee~ Can I get a new spoon please?”

“Well… uhm. Do you have someone you’re interested in lately?”

Jaehyun rests his chin on his hand, giving her a mischievous look. “Why? Don’t tell me… are you gonna confess your love to me, Kim Chungha?”

She shakes her head no, giving him a disgusted look. “Dream on.”

 

 

“Jaehyuuuuun!” called the boy who just entered the store. It was Ten, who came along with Doyoung once again.

Jaehyun stood up and ran to Ten, hugging him out in the open.

Chungha watches the two boys talk affectionately, and sighs. “Even at a place like this… they just can’t help it huh?”, she muttered, before taking a bite of a rice cake.

“DUDE! That’s awesome!”, Jaehyun exclaimed, making Chungha look at them once again. Meeting Ten’s eyes, who seem to be sending hate beams to her through eye contact, making her look elsewhere hastily instead.

Coming back to the table, Jaehyun pushed Chungha’s head further down “Yah!”, as she quickly hits his hand.

“Your friend surely never forgets to make me feel that he hates me.”

“Why? Is my Chungha jealous?”, he teased, scratching her chin playfully like she’s some kind of puppy.

He grabs his hand, and said “Stop it, or I’ll hit you!”

“Aigoooo…” He proceeded to quickly ruffling her hair, “I know you won’t.”

 

 

 

INT – Street front of Chungha and Jaehyun’s house – 07:00PM

 

Walking headed for their house, they spot Joohyuk who is talking to his phone looking well put together. The elder one then spots them, waving his hand excitedly.

Chungha then rushes to her apartment gate, running as fast as she can.

Jaehyun bows, then follows his friend after. Giving Joohyuk a bit of a disappointed feeling before driving off.

 

 

 

INT – Chungha’s Apartment Unit – 07:15PM

 

“For a heartbroken girl, you sure do not know how to hide your feelings.”,

Jaehyun arrives in Chungha’s apartment wondering where she is. Opening her bedroom door about to repeat himself – but then quickly rushed to her, as she was all bundled up in a corner teary eyed.

“Seriously, how much water do you drink a day? You’ve been crying since the last two nights already.”, he said, sitting down near her on the bed.

She then quickly shifts herself near him, and rests her forehead on his back. Causing his eyes to widen. 

“Why is it so hard, Jaehyun?”, she mumbled. “Why is it so hard to look at him now? The person that took a lot of space here in my heart is now the reason why it’s hurting, and I want him out. And it’s unfair, he looks so handsome. My eyes even hurt!”

Rolling his eyes, he said nothing. And she cried there along with the deafening silence.

The quiet then was suddenly broken as Mrs. Jung knocks on the door, singing Jaehyun and Chungha’s name.

“I’ll be back.”, he said.

She nods back, as he covers her in a blanket.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter