Confessions

Oh Boy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FRESHMAN YEAR

 

EXT – Front of Chungha’s Apartment Complex Gate, Next to Jaehyun and Joohyuk’s House – 4:30PM

 

Nothing can be heard, as Chungha and Joohyuk reached their stop. She took a deep breath, catching his attention, as he waits for what she’s about to say.

“Uhm…”, she said.

“Hmmm?”

“The thing is… uhmm..”

She can’t look at his eyes. Not like this. Why does it have to be now?

“The thing is Joohyuk… I still like you.”

Joohyuk smiled at her sudden confession. Her cheeks are so red, even her ears. She wants to run off to her unit. She wants to hide. But her feet can’t seem to move at all.

“Thank you.”, he softly said. Making her more and more anxious. He then pats the top of her head, “But like I told you before, I only see you as like my little sister. There’s a lot of charming boys out there.”

“But I don’t want anybody else. I will wait for you if I have to.”, she said.

He then turned her to face her apartment complex gate, pushing her towards it. “You’re still young Chungha. But thank you.”, before he ran to his house and waved before disappearing from her sight.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!”, a loud cheeky laugh was heard as Chungha entered the complex.

“This is like the third time in a year that you confessed to him, aren’t you tired?” the boy who was leaning on the wall teased.

With no energy to play along she pleads, “Go away, Jaehyun. I’m not in the mood right now.”

He quickly runs toward her, locking her in his arms. “You need me. Admit it.”

She gave him a stern look before pushing his face with her hand. “Go away.”

The scene had always been like this. It’s been the third time, since Chungha confessed her feelings to Joohyuk who only sees her as family.

Chungha had no choice but to go back to Korea, adhering to her parents’ wishes who are currently in the US. They got her a unit in apartment complex next to their friend’s house – Mrs. Jung.

It was her freshman year, not knowing anyone, she found herself eating at the rooftop where she first met Joohyuk. A highschool senior who was sleeping in one of the corners near where she sat.

“Why are you eating here alone?”, he asked.

“I have no friends.”, she mumbled.

“Well aren’t you lucky? You just gained one!”, as he adoringly pats the top of her head leaving her cheeks to go red.

And ever since that faithful day, she finds herself in his company. Though mostly, he’s unconscious at times. She’s still thankful to have gained a friend.

She then discovered a little later that Joohyuk is moving to the house next to hers, as Joohyuk’s dad married Mrs. Jung.

And that’s where Jaehyun enters the picture, fresh from his four year US stay, Jaehyun returns home with a new family to keep him company. Wishing his mother all the happiness in life, he still needs adjusting with his new life and family members. And that’s when he met her.

It was a hot summer’s day. Chungha and Joohyuk came from the nearby Baskin Robbins shop to get ice cream. She was delighted to spend such a day with him.

With just a few steps away from their house. She then decided it’s time to express her feelings.

She stopped him by tugging the end of his shirt, “Uhm…”, she said.

“Hmmm?”, he said, as he was busy his ice cream cone.

“The thing is… uhmm..”

She can’t look at his eyes. And so she forced them shut as she confessed “The thing is Joohyuk… I like you.”

Joohyuk smiled at her sudden confession. Her cheeks are so red, even her ears. She wants to run off to her unit. She wants to hide. But her feet can’t seem to move at all.

“Thank you.”, he softly said. Making her more and more anxious. He then pats the top of her head, “But.. I only see you as like my little sister.”

Blame the timing, the heat, or just her clumsiness. A chocolate scoop of ice cream on her cone found itself falling on the warm road. Giving her all the more reason to produce tears that’s forcing itself to roll down her eyes.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!”, a loud cheeky laugh was heard coming from Mrs. Jung’s house, making both looking into where the laugh was coming from.

“That was some show.”, the boy was menacingly clapping his hands.

Joohyuk shook his head, as Jaehyun walks toward them.

“Chungha this is-“

“Jaehyun. His STEP brother.”

She doesn’t like him one bit. “Chungha.”

Her second confession took a bit of time, for it was already winter. It was early in the morning. Where Chungha was waiting for Joohyuk to come out for them to go to school together.

“I should have bought a thicker jacket rather than a pretty one.”, she mumbled as she tried her best to warm herself up.

Suddenly someone’s coat was then laid over her shoulders, catching her off guard. It was Joohyuk, who pulled her and said, “Let’s go?”

And all she could do was nod.

At the bus stop, Joohyuk fixed her second layer of jacket as they wait for the bus. She then felt like she need to try telling him once again how she feels.

“Joohyuk.”

“Hmmm?”

“Do you perhaps still feel the same?”

“About what?”

“About me being just a sister.”

He then gives her a smile, patted her head and said, “Yes.”

Making her pout, “But I still do like you.”

“I know.”

“Why are you still nice to me?”

“Because you’re my little sister.”

“Are we done shooting a drama now?”, Jaehyun groaned who apparently had been walking behind them since the very beginning. Making Chungha roll her eyes.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter