Sport day

My First Love; Fifteen

 

 

Last night, Gyujin messaged you.

What kind of flower suitable for a woman?

What kind of event?

It's not a birthday. Just for an ordinary occasion.

Hmm, I don't know. I heard rose famous for proposing purpose. But if it was me, I like baby's breath flower. Simple! I bet you gonna like it too.

I just googled this baby's breath flower. So cute. By the way, thanks, your highness. Your humbly loyal servant so in love with this flower too.

Haha, told ya. No worries.

*To whom would he give it?* You wondered. Then, another incoming message coming in from Wooshi.

Let's go to your heaven tomorrow.

For what?

I'm buying some references books.

Okay!

After that, you ran to your room.

You brother quickly cover the PC's screen. "Don't you know how to knock?"

"Don't you know how to lock your room when you're watching ?" You smirked.

He saw.

That smirk.

A sign of nothing from you will be coming out good.

"What is it?" He asked while still covering his PC.

"So protective!" You poked at his chest. He pushed away your finger.

"I'm here to collect the debt."

"What debt?"

"That smoke thingy."

"What? What smoke thingy? Who smoke?"

You rolled your eyes. "Mom-"

You brother quickly cover your mouth before you said another word.

Your eyes rounded.

When you saw the PC.

"Steve!"

Your brother followed your eyes and saw he just did another big mistake in front of you.

"Ahhhh~!" You hollered.

Long story short story, it was a -ie movie.

Steve, your brother cursed beneath his breath while rushing to shut down his PC.

When he turned, you still standing there. "What are you doing here?"

"Didn't I said I'm collecting my debt."

He knows what you mean.

And he knows there's no other way to shut your mouth other than following your wishes.

Which is, 'pay me the money, my mouth will seal for you.'

Steve sighed and grabbed his wallet from the drawer. "Here."

You count the money. "No, no. Not enough."

"What?!" Steve's jaw drop.

You nodded to the PC, referring a new deal need to make or else you will reveal his weird hobby to your mom.

"Aishh, my sister is so damn good at his brother's money." He handed another money to your palm.

"Thanks, I love you to the moon and back!" You kissed and flipped the money papers in front of him before exit his room. "Now I can buy my manga!"

 

 

 

On the next day, as promised, Wooshi and you went to the bookstore nearby aka your heaven in earth. It was Sunday so there's no school and you want to spend like 92% of your day on your anime and manga. Suddenly when you both were about to step inside the building, Wooshi got a phone call.

When Wooshi was busy picking up the phone, you saw Gyujin on the opposite building. He was standing in front of the flower shop. You remember Gyujin asked you about flower the other day. Both of you like the same flower; baby's breath. So you wonder, is it for his mom or sister. Or for a funeral...

You didn't have a chance to say hi to him since Wooshi dragged you into the store after finish the call. When you both finish buying books, he's no longer in the florist anymore.

 

 

 

The next morning, you did not wear the school uniform. Because it is a sports day!

You're gonna participated in a short distance runs; 100m and 200m. You had short hair but enough for you to tie them into a ponytail. Then you had breakfast while waiting for Hyojung and Wooshi.

"Let's go!" You cheerfully start your steps.

"Who tied your hair?"

You turned to Wooshi. "Me?" You pointed to yourself.

"Let me help you." Hyojung offered some help. Well, it was a little bit messy. Your bang already reached your eyes so Hyojung uses her extra hairpin to tidy them up. It has a yellow butterfly on it.

"You don't like it?" Hyojung asked. She knows how much you hate such girly things.

You shook. "If they're in pink yes. But they're not and it's yours so I don't hate it." You answered honestly.

Hyojung patted your head. "Goodluck for today!"

You smiled like a good daughter. "Let's go eating BBQ after school?"

"If you got first place in both runs." Wooshi smiled playfully.

You smirked. "I want three serves." you declared a bet and you pretty confident you will win.

 

 

"On your mark. Get set. Go!"

The teacher fire a gun towards the sky and your competition started.  You heard Hyojung and Wooshi cheered for you tho Hyojung was in a different team.

There are five teams or houses. They are differentiated using colours.

Red house.

Blue house.

Yellow house.

Green house.

And purple house.

Hyojung was in the yellow house. You and Wooshi were in the same house which are red. You heard Chungha joined green wile Gyujin in the blue house.

"A little bit more!"

 You saw your team leader (aka the teacher) were cheering for you. You smirked and speed till all you can hear was 'YEAHHHH!'

You after reached the finish line, you decreased your speed and jogged to the side of the track. Wooshi and Hyojung ran towards you like a medic team with towel and bottle on their hands.

Hyojung wiped your sweat while Wooshi opened the bottle for you.

Before you could take a sip, the bunch of people gathered around you.

"Congrats Sophia!"

"Great job!"

"Well done."

The red house member congrats you. After finish what they want to say, you were left alone with Hyojung and Wooshi.

"Go rest, you have another run in 20 minutes." Hyojung helps you to a seat.

You were the ace of the red house. During the preliminary selection, the teachers founded out that you are good at running. And you confessed you are always participating in the run since the middle school. So the red house put high hope on you and you also don't want to disappoint them.

"I want to go to the toilet for a moment." You told Hyojung and Wooshi. As you walked across the audience seaters, you were showered with congratulations from the other students.

"Thanks." You keep repeating the word in humbled every time they congrats you. Then you heard a commotion at the right as you were about to turn left where the toilet was placed.

"What happened?" You asked yourself. Curiosity kills the cat. So you walked to the opposite direction. You saw a gathering of students and in the middle was Gyujin.

"Did he had a fight?!" Your eyes rounded.

You tried to push the people to get the details. But to your dismay, it was a girl.

Gyujin had this a bouquet of flower in his left hand.

"...that flower." You mumbled.

He bought a bunch of baby's breath and you thought he was going to give it to you because you heard a rumour said that a boy from year 1 brought a bouquet of baby's breath flower into the school today.

You did not hear anything anymore. The only thing you saw was the girl was bragging that she got a flower from Gyujin.

"Chungha?"

Chungha saw you and she immediately kissed Gyujin cheeks in front of everyone. Gyujin was shocked of course but he hugged her as a respond.

You took a step back.

Or more than a few.

You don't remember.

All you know you were pushed a little by the crowded. You ran back to Hyojung and Wooshi. They were startled as you suddenly seat there in silent.

"10 more minutes. They're gonna calling for you after this to prepare." Hyojung reminds you.

"You want a partner for warm-up?" Wooshi offered.

You shook.

When your turns up for 200m, you ran will all might you have left. In turns, you got second placed. You got sad.

"It's okay, next year I'm going to train year you!" The team leader said while patted your shoulder. "Well done, get some rest."

Hyojung hugged you. "You did your best. Maybe it's not your turn yet."

"That senior is really fast. Don't worry, next year she's gonna graduate and you can take her place!" Wooshi tries to convince you who looks like want to die.

They don't know that you're gonna be that sad.

In your heart, it's not because you did not get the first placed. But you can't pin out what was it.