Turquoise

My First Love; Fifteen

 

 

 

Ting.

Tingg.

Tinggg~

The key got higher and higher as your fingers dance on the piano. Lately, you always come to the music room and would spend at least 20 minutes there.

You're not a musician.

But play the piano to kill the time.

Or maybe just to distract you and escape from the world.

It all began last year, where Hyojung said you need a new environment to reset your mind. You cannot say no, because you did feel sad and disappointed. But you also cannot say yes, because you don't have any feelings for Gyujin. As far as you know, both of you became close because of same interest also that all little things that only he in this world could understand you.

So, long story short story, music is an escape way for you to forget about the world.

You start learning the piano from one of your classmates, Jiho. Her dream is to be a music teacher and spends 20 minutes of her time to teach you was not a big deal. One of your favourites is Canon in D major. You tried your best to master it and the work hard does pay off!

Suddenly, you heard a cracking sound. You turned around.

*Gyujin*.

His name echoed in your head. For a moment, both of you were surprised and no words coming out. You were the first one to break the silence. "What are you doing here?"

Gyujin blinked as he was speechless. Of course, because he was caught eavesdropping by you.

Gyujin thought for an excuse. "I thought the room was empty."

Gyujin didn't make eye contact with you. You sighed without knowing.

Is it because he eavesdropping you that you mad?

Or embarrassed that he invaded your 'personal' moment?

"It is..." You grabbed your things and stand up. "...because I'm done using this room. It's all yours."

Gyujin saw you were heading towards him where the exit door was. He grabbed your arm when he saw you were about to leave. "Wait."

You pulled your hand away. "I'm sorry, I can't entertain you now because I have a meeting with the club and I need to go now."

Club.

His heart sinks at that word.

His shoulder slumped as his eye watched your back walking away from him.

 

 

 

You were a little late when you arrived at the art club's meeting room.

All eyes were on you when you opened the door. You bowed down a little as you entered in shame.

The advisor teacher spoke her wish to choose a candidate for the next president, vice president and others post since the current position's duration of service almost end in two months.

Jiho, one of your club members handed out a piece of paper to you.

"Summer BBQ feast." She summarised for you in low voice. Almost like whispering.

Your eyes scanned for a quick shot.

Saturday.

5pm - 10pm.

Botanical Eco Park.

"I'm in." You smiled at her before turning to the front to listen to the details of the meeting.

 

 

 

The day of Summer BBQ feast finally is here!

You were excited. You carpool with Jiho. When both of you arrived, both of you and Jiho's hands are full. You were given a task to marinate the chickens. While Jiho preparing the refreshment, mint soda juice during the whole event.

As soon as you guys arrived, both of you quickly headed to the predefined place where everyone will gather.

It was a beautiful gazebo with 8 wooden benches that each can fit 3 adults. Some of the male members already arrived and already started installing the grill tools.

Later, slowly the rest of the club members arrived and the gazebo filled with waves of laughter.

Some of the foods that done cooking are served on the center. So you took a break from helping the cooking team to feed your empty stomach. 

"Sophia!"

You turned and some of the girls shoved some fruits on your mouth while another one snaps a picture of you.

"Sweet?" Yoon Ah asked. She's the one who feeds you with the pineapple. Surprisingly, you nodded as you chomped the fruit inside your mouth. Slowly the juice from the pineapple filled your mouth.

"So cute." Tiffany chuckled as she watched you munched.

Yoon Ah and Tiffany are your seniors, and they adore you so much because both of them are the only child in their family. They treat you like their own younger sister and always helping you in the club.

"Aigoo, we're gonna miss you munchin!" She plays with your bangs.

"It took me more than 30 minutes to do this style." You pouted which causing them to laugh. You only acted like you mad but actually, you love when they showered their loves on you. You know, this year gonna be their last year in high school. Like Tiffany said, you also gonna miss them.

"Hey, girls!" All of you turned your head to Kogyeol, another senior of yours. "It's karaoke time."

He smiled. Or maybe in your head, you were saying 'he does have a row of big and white teeth that he is proud of'.

"Let's go." Yoon Ah pulled you with her towards the crowded.

When it's your turned to sing, suddenly everyone turned to one direction as they heard footsteps.

"Sorry for the intrusion. Am I late?"

Your mouth agape. What kind of surprise is this?

"No, you're not. Take a seat Gyujin." Kogyeol invited him to a seat next to him.

Which is NEXT to you too.

The heck!

Your heartbeat was louder than the sounds of the crows.

You did not know what to do. The only thing you remembered he already standing next to you.

"Hi." He smiled while taking a seat on the next bench next to you.

"Oh wow! Did you guys promise to wear the same colour?" Suddenly Jooyoung pointed to you then to Gyujin.

You turned to Gyujin.

Turquoise.

And then back to your shirt.

Turquoise.

Same.

What kind of bull is god spitting at you?