Chapter Three

And I Still...

Dinner was great, Woohyun had cooked cheerfully with his heart filled with bliss; it was a feast that everyone had enjoyed. The others were unaware of what was shared at the park, but Woohyun was, and that was all he needed for now, the others will be fine just eating the food.

Sunggyu was inside his and Woohyun's shared bedroom when Woohyun entered with the biggest smile on his face. "Someone's happy?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Woohyun placed his phone on top of the dresser before going over to Sunggyu. He wrapped his arms over Sunggyu's shoulders, pulling him into a hug, at the same time pushing them back onto the bed.

They both laid still on the bed, Woohyun on his side, cuddling into Sunggyu's arms, smelling the crook of his neck and shoulders, his fingers grasping the soft bed sheets and the side of his foot running along the lightly jagged wood of the bed frame. All those little things, he took it all in for that moment.

He sat up and leaned over Sunggyu, "hey are you free tomorrow?" With a smile, he continued, "let's go do something. Like grab ice-cream? We can go back to the park from earlier? Or maybe go by the pond to feed the ducks? They get hungry too!" His excitement could be felt in the room.

Sunggyu merely chuckled at his adorable dongsaeng, "what? Why?"

"Aren't we a couple now? We should act like it right? I mean more than we usually do? And do couple-like things?"

To this, Sunggyu sat up, brushing the side of Woohyun's hair. "Woohyun-ah, I think you misunderstood. When I said that I liked you too, I didn't mean we should get together as well..." He tried to smile a little, to lighten the load.

He saw Woohyun's eyes mourn of heartbreak; in just mere seconds, Sunggyu was able to do that, and it hurt the leader to know.

"... O-Oh..." Woohyun turned away, else his tears threaten to fall if he looked at the older any longer.

"Woohyu--"

"I'm sorry, how silly of me," he stood up from the bed abruptly, still refusing to face his hyung, "of course. Just because I just spent all this time, trying to work up the courage to tell you, fearing it would all go wrong if I poured my heart out to you. Just because you accepted my feelings and said you felt the same doesn't mean we are a couple, that doesn't make sense, how silly of me," his ramblings came out with hardly any pauses before he ran out of the room, out of the dorm.

***

And since then, Sunggyu had avoided him. Well, he was the first to avoid Sunggyu, but after a couple of day, he could not stand it anymore. Sadly, by that time, it was Sunggyu's turn to play. He liked his smiling leader; laughing, cheerful leader. He looked up in the direction Sunggyu had left the room. Well, Nam Woohyun, you decided to fix this once and for all right? That's why you came. So, fix it.

 

-----

A/N: Okay this chapter is short again, I'm sorry. But the flashback ended (finally) and getting the background out of the way, I'll start moving along with the plot. Hopefully I get a chapter up tomorrow but it's Christmas so I don't know if I'll have time to finish writing it, but I will try!

If anything is confusing so far please tell me and I'll try to make it clearer :)

Merry Christmas everyone! /must be the only person who didn't upload a Christmas fic :(