Chapter Two

And I Still...

At the convenience store, Woohyun eagerly grabbed everything he needed and put it in the shopping basket, but of course Sunggyu, as leader, had to pay.

They walked by the park on the way home, Woohyun, taking a look around noticed it was empty, "hey hyung."

Sunggyu stopped and turned back to face the younger, or he would have had Woohyun not placed down his bags and ran merrily towards the monkey bars. "Yah! Act your age!"

Woohyun had easily crossed the obstacle and was standing on top of the playground, "hyung! Let's play for a bit!"

Letting out a sigh, the older walked towards the bench, placing down the groceries, taking along the ones Woohyun had also put down earlier. He turned to see Woohyun climbing on the nets, laughing as his leg slipped through a hole, earning a laugh from the leader. Sunggyu laughed whole-heartedly as he tried to help Woohyun out, however received a kick in the face, by accident of course. "Yah!"

"Ah, I'm sorry hyung!" The younger quickly got down to the ground with a sloppy landing, "are you alright?" He removed Sunggyu's hand to inspect, a red mark visible on his hyung's cheek.

"Aish I'm fine, why are you so worried?" Sunggyu pushed back, his face forming a bright smile.

The two stayed at the park a little longer, just sitting on the bench as they watched the sky turn into shades of orange, pink, and purple as the sun began to set. The breeze brushed against their cheeks in a comfortable silence.

"Hyung?"

The leader turned to face the dark haired boy with a questionable look.

"This is going to seem out of the blue," Woohyun looked down and started to play with his fingers. "But I don't know when it would notbe out of the blue, to be honest, so I might as well let it out now..." He trailed off.

Sunggyu tilted his head and placed a hand on the younger's back, "what's up? You know I'm always here to listen," he reassured the boy.

Woohyun looked up at Sunggyu, analysing his leader's perfect features. His heart raced and he could've sworn the older could hear it, on the verge of ripping out of his chest. There's been so many times that he had tried to confess to Sunggyu, so many different reasons he tried to come up with, so many various ways he tried to bring up the topic, but in the end he changed the topic. But he had to now, this time.

Damn it Nam Woohyun just tell him, what can possibly go wrong? How about it causing tension between the both of you? What if Sunggyu can't stand being in the same room as you? Then we won't talk anymore, and then it will disrupt the group? And then Infinite will have to disband and-- No! Don't think like that. Sunggyu isn't like that. You know him, you know him better than anyone, and he knows you just as well. Even if he rejects you, things will be okay. They will. And hey what if he doesn't reject you? You could be happier than you could ever imagine.

"Woohyun?" Sunggyu's voice snapped Woohyun out of his thoughts. Damn those thoughts, it happened every single time. The older was now looking more concerned.

"Hyung, don't take this the wrong way," still trying to piece his words together. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly, still fighting for the words to come out. Sunggyu waited, letting Woohyun take his time.

Woohyun turned to face Sunggyu, looking him right in the eye, "I like you."

There was silence, and the rustling of the tree leaves in the wind was all that was heard. That, and Woohyun's pounding heart. Say something, anything.

"A-Are you sure?"

Woohyun frowned, what did Sunggyu take him for? Of course he was sure, he knows his own feelings. God damn, he's had them and had been trying to deal with them for so long, he can't even remember a time where he didn't feel this way. He gave a single nod, eyes not leaving the older's.

"And you're sure it's not something like you admire me as a leader? Or a hyung? Or a brother?"

"Hyung, I like you. I likeyou like you."

Another silence and Woohyun could feel his heart breaking through his rib cage, tearing at his skin, ready to burst out of his chest. And then, Sunggyu smiled.

It wasn't a big bright smile, but it was a genuine smile, with his eyes still forming crescents. It made Woohyun feel at ease even though nothing had been said. Sunggyu's Duchene smile would always be Woohyun's favourite no matter how big or small, especially when they were for him. Then words left those lips.

"I like you too."

Woohyun froze, "mngyeahuh?" He slurred, his face twisting into an expression of disbelief. Maybe he was hearing things. His mind probably did that on its own while he was admiring the smile.

Sunggyu snickered, brushing a piece of loose hair from Woohyun's fringe, "I said, I like you too."

And Woohyun had never felt so happy before in his life.

 

-----

A/N: lol I'm so sorry, it feels like I'm dragging on this flashback and taking my sweet time making the story move along. Oh but it's longer than last chapter at least! :)

Thank for new subscribers! <3 And your comments too, comments encourage me to keep going and improve on things. I don't take criticisms too badly so feel free to say what you don't like :)