Chapter Ten

And I Still...

"KWANGDAE-OPPA!!" The voices of many girls screamed the names of the four boys on the night as their band performed for the school annual summer festival.

"You guys did great!" Eunmi greeted them on the side of the stage, handing a bottle of water to each of them.

***

It was the week before exams, sadly for the boys, the school concert was on the week after exams, meaning they had to practise often. That was okay for most of them since they were music majors and their performance at the concert made part of their grade. They were also more hyped up for the contest part of the event. However in Sunggyu's case, he also took Philosophy and Ethics which he wanted to also get good grades for, he had been stressed, practising with the band early into the night meant that he got home for a late dinner and studied with what little time he had left, leading him to staying up late into the night, losing sleep.

"Sunggyu, are you okay?" Eunmi poked him awake when he began to nod off during Ethics.

"Huh? A-Ah, yes I'm fine, thanks," he responded with a smile.

Eunmi frowned, "you've been falling asleep in class for a few days now, and you have really bad eye bags."

"It's just that I've been getting less sleep since I stay up studying."

"Oh, you get home late these days don't you? You guys practise longer than usual, for the concert right?"

Sunggyu nodded, "I'm not sure I can keep doing this though, I like practice, I really do. If I don't practise then I will do poorly in the concert, which still counts towards my grades anyways." Sunggyu ruffled his hair in frustration.

"I think you guys will do fine without the need to practise that late though, you could just go back to your regular schedule and be the best on stage." Eunmi reassured him with the smile. Listening to her brother's band was one of her favourite afternoon hobbies.

The bell chimed signalling the end of class and the students began to pack their books, "I'll talk to Kwangdae-oppa, he won't mind, you guys are great friends and he's very understanding." Eunmi stated as she zipped her bag closed.

"You really don't have--"

"Eye bags don't suit you; your smile is more perfect when you aren't tired and droopy." Eunmi smiled as she left the room.

***

"And she was right; Kwangdae-hyung and the others were okay. So I got time to study and I did well in the exams and we did really great in the contest too." Sunggyu's tone rose in happiness.

"How well?" Woohyun asked, peeking interest.

"First place," Sunggyu smiled widely.

 

-----

A/N: It's New Year's Eve! Or New Year's already for some of you living in the future lol how is 2012 like? XD

This chapter was short, sorry, I had to find a nice stop because I'm about to leave for a family gather for NYE! :)

But I'm sure you guys know what will happen next chapter though lol seriously I typed this and smacked myself at how obvious I was making the plot.

I'm still getting subscribers and it seriously makes me so happy, I was happy when it hit two digits to be honest lol so this is more than I could have asked for! Thank you everyone for showing interest in this fic! And especially the comments as well, it always makes me want to write sooner!

Happy New Year guys! It's time to start a new chapter for 2012 and fill in the blank pages of our life! Wishing you all the best! <3