Chapter Twelve

And I Still...

The year started off with an announcement of a huge talent competition to be held in spring, and the couple had long left their honeymoon stage. Despite not being as clingy and attached as they used to be, and Eunmi not going to the shed to listen to the band practise as often (wanting to study and she could hear from the house anyways, she tells herself), Eunmi supported Sunggyu in the competition.

They practised hard and Sunggyu did not forget that he had to study hard as well. He had managed to balance his time better than the past year and was able to practise often with the band and get his hours of study. Of course this left very little time left to be with Eunmi.

"It's okay, I'm studying too remember?" Eunmi replied with a smile when Sunggyu apologised for not spending as much time with her.

***

He arrived home from band practice one day and saw a letter poking out of the mail box. It was a letter from Eunmi, and he smiled at the cute idea of it all. After reading the letter, he wrote a reply and left it in Eunmi's locker the next morning at school. When he got home from band practice the next day, there was a letter from her again. This continued for a while, and writing letters seemed to mean a lot more than text messages.

But even writing letters, one class together, texting and a few late night phone calls left a void in the relationship. It all began getting old and they just wanted to spend time together, but nothing that either of them could do about it. They had a small fight, it was no bigger than the other fights they have had before. Kwangdae had always gone off at Sunggyu whenever they had small arguments, caring about his sister, but the others managed to convince him that those small disputes were inevitable in a relationship. Besides, they usually made up the next day anyway.

However, this time, it was too busy for them to see each other and make up. And neither one of them were answering their phones. Without remembering how it started, the "she didn't pick up my call, so I won't pick up hers" and "he didn't pick up my call, so I won't pick up his" thoughts led to them not talking for two days.

***

"The third day was the day of the talent competition," Sunggyu continued.

"O-Oh, so you guys couldn't make up on that day either I assume," Woohyun responded.

***

There were many routines, from magic tricks, pet training, singing and dancing. There was only one other band that had entered. The other band was quite popular, they were new and only got together within the past eight months, but they quickly rose in popularity in the town and were popular at band camp.

During the performance, Sunggyu looked around and saw Eunmi in the crowd, he felt relieved to see her there. He had gotten used to seeing her in the crowd during performances. This time she did not wave a sign or even wear a shirt with his name, but Sunggyu was fine with it, she was busy with her studies after all, and they were fighting.

The performance could have gone better, but it was nothing too terrible. That was until they saw the other band on stage. The boys stood on the side watching the band perform, in awe, then they turned to face the crowd to see how they moved the crowd better.

"Well, we're in trouble," Kangki stated bluntly.

***

As they dreaded, the opposing band had won the prize. Each of the four members blamed themselves, telling each other the faults they had during the performance, their apparent off-beat, strum of the wrong chords, off-tune, and the likes. They were tired and while the others were getting into the car home, Sunggyu decided he would go talk to Eunmi, they were fighting long enough.

 

-----

A/N: This chapter feels a little rushed compared to the others, but this whole flashback thing is a rush in general :S In fact it was meant to be done within two chapters or something but I decided to go into detail with it and do it right since it was the most important part of the fic and all lol

Sad to say, but this fic will end with thirteen chapters, the next will be the final :(

Thank you for continuing to support me, whether you have read from the start, a few chapters in or just a few recent chapters ago, I appreciate you all!