Your Doll

My Adopted Brother

Chapter 2 // Your Doll

The attic was dusty no doubt, the only source of light was the small circular window right above the tiny mattress laid at the edge of the small space. Sungjong dusted the wooden desk off as he placed a few sets of clothes atop it. He never saw the reason to bug the Kim’s to buy him stacks of clothes. Especially when he barely even left the house. Except for school, that is.

Carefully and gently, he laid all the boxes of toys and fairytale books next to the desk. Those were the only memories Myungsoo let him keep.

Sungjong once tried looking for pictures of him and Myungsoo, but he soon came to realize that those shredded pictures were the pictures of his childhood. He slowly sat on the bed. It creaked as soon as his hand laid upon it. 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim were very kind by giving him his own room, a luxurious room equal of Myungsoo’s, but they were doing business outside of the country. 

It had taken hours to clean the room. Even though Sungjong was bossed around by his ‘brother’, he never had the experience of a maid. 

The door creaked open, it was Myungsoo.

“Jongie,” he said smiling in a cringe worthy way. It sent shivers down Sungjong’s spine. “I see you’ve gotten settled.” He strolled in as he carefully looked around. “See? It’s not so bad, after a few days you’ll think it’s a palace.” 

He picked up the first outfit Sungjong had laid down on the desk and tsked. “This isn’t cute at all,” he said waving the newly ironed white shirt and black pants. Myungsoo swiped away all the clothes off the desk. “I’ve got some new items that I think you’ll like.” 

Myungsoo, as clever as a fox, had already planned this for weeks on end. He opened the closet door. “You see, little Jongie?” 

Sungjong slowly looked up from the floor to the dim closet. Inside, all packed tightly, were endless pairs of cute feminine outfits. There were also lines of shoes on the floor, all new and perfectly sized to fit Sungjong’s small feet. He shook his head in anger, “Hyung! You know I can’t wear that, not when all the maids are here. Your friends are coming soon! What would they think of me?” 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes at the furious younger male. “Exactly why you should where it. Omma and Appa are out, I told the maids not to come into this wing and my friends need some company too.” He twirled Sungjong’s shoulder length hair. The younger made no movement to stop him. It brought back memories of their happy past. Why would Myungsoo do this to him? He had never done anything wrong. “Since the maids aren’t coming.. I still have you. I’m sure my friends will appreciate your help.” 

The outfits in the closet were all different varieties outfits in the ‘maid’ category. The spanned from the most revealing to a tracksuit and scarf. 

Sungjong shook his head, “I can’t do it.” 

“Why can’t you? You’ve always been an obedient puppy. You still want to be my friend.. right?”

Sungjong nodded his head. That was all he was hoping for. That was why he still followed Myungsoo like a lost puppy. He wanted his idol’s approval. He couldn’t believe he was going to let his dignity deflate. “I’ll do it..” Sungjong slowly whispered. 

Myungsoo nodded, “At least you can finally do something.” he murmured to himself, “All you do is lye in bed. I had to drag you out. You snore like a pig.” He closed the door behind him. 

The older of the two slowly walked down the stairs. Each step made the fragile piece of wood creak. Myungsoo slowly turned his gaze back to the small door, held together by two planks of wood and some glue. Maybe he shouldn’t have sent Sungjong to such an awful place. Myungsoo glared at himself. He was being to thoughtful again. Sungjong should be grateful that somebody even cleaned that dusty place up. 

The sun broke out into rays of yellow and gold. They shined upon Sungjong’s heavenly face like he was the sole person on this Earth. Sungjong slowly got up and readied himself for his first day taking care of Myungsoo’s friends. He glided his hands across the pieces of expensive fabric. A tag was labeled, Monday. 

Sungjong slid into the black dress easily as it squeezed every curve of his body. The black apron wrapped around him and the long black socks squeezed his thighs. They seemed to be a size too small, but knowing Myungsoo.. this would be how he wanted it. The shoes slipped on easily, much better than the leather ones he had worn almost everyday.

As soon as he was down the gloomy steps, he was greeted with a loud whistle.

“Hey, L, who’s this doll you’ve got here?”


Authors Note:// Let’s see who takes an interest on Sungjong. ;) I wonder if Myungsoo will get any better after letting someone else lay hands on Jongie..

Thank you so much for all your support, I truly do appreciate it. <3
Please comment your thoughts, lovelies 
Sorry about the smaller update this time, I wanted to end the chapter at that moment :)