My Foundation Of Trust

My Adopted Brother

 Chapter 5 // My Foundation Of Trust

Sungjong sneaked behind a giant white pillar in the lunch room, hoping to get a glance of Myungsoo-hyung and his friends. He was with no luck, the lunch room was packed with people. Myungsoo-hyung seemed no where in sight. He saw Dongwoo in the lunch line, but Sungjong wasn’t interested in watching someone buy pudding.

A tap settled on Sungjong’s shoulder, the frightened boy jumped up and quickly tried to regain posture with no success. A deep voice behind him chuckled and Sungjong looked back, “Sungjong-ah, what are you doing here?” Hoya asked raising his left eyebrow at the suspicious by who seemed to be hiding. “Hoya-ssi, I-I,” Sungjong couldn’t tell Hoya he had been spying on Myungsoo. “I was just passing by, and I dropped my pencil.” Sungjong said, satisfied at his little lie. He shined his bright teeth at the elder.

Hoya crossed his arms and stared at Sungjong. 

“Alright, Hoya-ssi,” Sungjong said, pouting. “I was looking for L-hyung.”

Hoya laughed out, “Why don’t you come sit with me, L is grabbing his lunch, we can wait for him.” Sungjong nodded and quickly followed Hoya to their designated lunch table. 

“I haven’t seen you all day, Sungjong-ah. How are you?” Hoya asked, slurping his strawberry milk out of the straw. Sungjong gulped, Hoya must be too naive or he plainly ignored all the details. Sungjong has been bullied everyday in school since he came here. Myungsoo has spread countless of disgusting and awful rumors about the poor boy, but he never argued back to him. 

Sungjong flashed his smile again, a piece of yellow, lemon bubblegum sat on his tongue. “Yes, Hoya-ssi! today has been really fun, I missed school and all the teachers are nice to me and I’m re-” Sungjong was cut off by Hoya who clasped his hands over the excited boy’s mouth, “That sounds great, Sungjong-ah, but shouldn’t we start eating. The food will get cold if we just sit here.”

Sungjong nodded and dug his chopsticks into the rice to produce a mouthful of it. 

“Yo, L.” said Hoya, high-fiving Myungsoo who had sat down. 

Myungsoo turned away from Hoya and onto Sungjong, “Hoya, why is he here?” Hoya rolled his eyes, “You cute little maid was looking for you, spare some heart.” 

Myungsoo scoffed and peeled away the lid of his milk, “It ruins my reputation to sit with a maid, don’t you know that, Hoya?” Hoya exchanged an eye with Myungsoo, before the annoyed one rolled his eyes and started picking on the food, mumbling. “Food is so disgusting, I shouldn’t have eaten in the cafeteria today.”

Sungjong nervously picked at his egg, the pudding on his tray seemed to disappear, most likely stolen by Myungsoo. 

“Sungjong, get us some drinks.” said Myungsoo gulping down the last of his milk. Myungsoo nodded his head towards the concession stand, “Strawberry,” he said going back to focusing on his mush.

Sungjong nodded and obediently got up, the line was long and it seemed as if Myungsoo had wanted a juice bottle just to get rid of him, which was probably true. 

He had finally gotten the juice and walked back to the table, only to overhear Myungsoo and Hoya’s conversation.

“I did it, L.” said Hoya smirking as he twirled his chopsticks in the soup.

“Great, now all we have to do is get him to fall out.”

Sungjong blinked, what did Myungsoo mean?

“You know L, I don’t know why you haven’t gotten rid of Sungjong earlier and you want me to break his heart. It’s a bit late to be doing that.”

“A bet is a bet, Hoya. You know why I gave you that new watch of yours. Besides, its not like Sungjong matters. Once I get rid of him, he won’t be running back to me.”

Hoya nodded and the chopsticks, “You know L, you could have asked Woohyun or someone else other than me, its not like you don’t have any options.”

Myungsoo laughed, “You’re the only one that Sungjong would fall for, you know?”

Hoya nodded and went back to swirling his soup.

Sungjong widened his eyes and he quickly ran away before bumping into a tall man, “Sorry!” he yelled quickly running away. 

The man stood there blinking. “Hey! You dropped your juice!” he yelled, chasing after Sungjong.


Authors Note: Thank you very much everyone who has supported this story, please up vote and subscribe!

I am also sorry about the late update, but here I am~ 
Please comment down below, I love you all! 

Hehe, do you know who the man will be? (honestly though, I have two options and I don't know which to choose) haha