Leaving This Pit Of Fire

My Adopted Brother

Chapter 9// Leaving This Pit Of Fire

Sungjong waved to the Kim’s leaving the estate. Myungsoo was still picking at the medium rare steak in the dining room. Sungjong slowly slid down, his legs fell beneath him, touching the cool marble. The long dress short sprayed around him. His black hair stood out from his pale, milky skin and the smooth, translucent white shirt.

Sungjong couldn’t bare to stay in this house anymore. He quickly slipped on a pair of black dress shoes. 

Sungjong started to push himself to stand up. His legs wobbled and he couldn’t hold himself up well, but nonetheless opened the large wooden door, running outside. 

The harsh cold winter air stung his cheeks, the long dress shirt flapped behind him. Sungjong almost regretted bringing a coat, but that would mean less time to escape. His bangs covered his large eyes. Sungjong’s eyes darted around, nervously glancing behind him as he was running. His legs carried him. There was no way he would normally be able to run for more than five minutes, but the thrill and danger of escaping caught up with his instinct to survive.

Sungjong bent down on top of the Lee’s porch, his breath let out puffs of air that escaped with the wind. 

He pressed his index finger on the crystal doorbell. 

The door creaked open to reveal a tall figure. “Sungyeol!” yelped Sungjong gripping onto the taller man’s shirt, desperately. Sungjong fell to his knees, the cold stone floor made him even more numb that before. “Sungyeol-ah!” he yelled, tears staining his eyes, a few started to dribble down his rose pink cheeks. 

Sungyeol widened his eyes, dropping to the floor, scooping the limp boy up. 

The tears never stopped. Sungyeol nervously bit down on his lower lip. He laid Sungjong down on his bed, the younger’s baby soft cheeks while brushing the hair out of his eyes. 

“Sungjong-ah. Are you okay?” Sungyeol hugged his small boyfriend, letting Sungjong calm down.

“I-I I’ll be fine, don’t-”

“Don’t lie to me.”

Sungjong crinkled his forehead, pulling his plush lips into a thin line. “I.. I don’t know what you’re talking about.. hyung.”

Sungyeol sighed and rubbed Sungjong’s back in a desperate attempt to calm him down. 

“You don’t have to tell me. I’ll wait until you’re ready.”

Sungjong slowly nodded. “Sungyeol hyung?”

“Hmm?”

“It’s alright if you stop patting my back now.”

Sungyeol immediately pulled his hands away from the giggling boy. “Get some sleep, Sungjong-ah. You probably would have fainted if you sprinted anymore. I’ll go get you some blankets and some food. Is chicken broth alright?”

Sungjong bobbed his head and snuggled into the covers. 

Sungyeol quickly dashed into the nearby guest room to grab the chocolate colored covers, throwing them on top of the shivering young man.

Sungjong could stay in the blankets all day if he was allowed to, but there was no doubt that Myungsoo would find him soon.

Sungjong played with his fingers. Maybe he shouldn’t have gone to Sungyeol’s house. He could have stolen a couple of dollars.. Sungjong shook his head. He was already in debt with the Kim’s and there would never be a way that he could repay them. 

Sungjong sighed, closing his eyes, entering the dream world.

He could see himself on Myungsoo’s bed. The moon shining on the two figures that were the only ones that existed in this imaginary world. 

He could feel Myungsoo taking the covers off one by one, exposing him. He could imagine Myungsoo tracing his ice cold fingers along his chest and down his legs to tickle each and every corner of his toes.

Sungjong shivered.

He could hear the soft whispers that Myungsoo would tell him. Each word piercing his heart. They should have sounded like love confessions, but they were the opposite. They stung. 

‘Trash’

“Why are you even here?’

‘You can’t even satisfy my basic need. Get out’

Sungjong squeezed his eyes. He knew that it was just a dream, but it seemed like reality. He knew that he could have easily pushed Myungsoo off, shouting ual harassment, but that was no will in his body to do so.

Even dream Sungjong laid there for the taking from Myungsoo. 

Sungjong slowly opened his eyes when a bright stream of golden yellow flowed into the room, Sungyeol had the lights. 

“I brought some chicken broth. How are you feeling?”

Sungjong slowly sat up, leaning his body against the wall. “Good. Good.”

Sungyeol frowned and walked closer, setting the bowl on top of the nearby cabinet. “Sungjong-ah. You’ve been crying.”

Sungjong nervously lifted his dainty hands up to touch his cheeks. They were indeed wet, stained with the droplets of tears that came with his dream. 

Sungyeol hugged Sungjong, not caring about what Sungjong thought about this bold action.

“Sungjong-ah.”

“Hyung?”

“I promise with all my heart that I will protect you from your tears. I’ll protect you from saddening yourself even more. I swear my life on it.”

Sungjong couldn’t help but choke. The tears seemed to intensify. How could Sungyeol blindly say thee kinds of things?”

“I love you, Sungjong.”

Sungjong sobbed. “You mean so much to me.” He lifted himself up and away from Sungyeol’s chest, staring into the others eyes. “You are the light in my tunnel. You will be my glimpse of hope.”

Authors Note: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Jongie and Yeollie for the win. *hoothoot* Stay in tuned for what Myungsoo will do.

NOTE: If you didn’t catch it, the light in the tunnel usually refers to death. So the last thing that Sungjong says in this chapter refers to that he almost has no more will to continue on living and he hopes to walk towards to light, to his death. 

Anyways :) I hope you will tell me your opinions and please support this fict! Fighting!!