Love At First Sight

My Adopted Brother

Chapter 7// Love At First Sight

Sungjong woke up. A comfortable atmosphere surrounded him. He slowly started to lift himself up before collapsing. His legs hurt as he tried to stretch the muscles and his neither regions burned like hot coals. 

Sungyeol yelped, reaching out for the frail boy. “Sungjong, just stay in bed. I prepared some breakfast for you, pancakes and eggs.” Sungyeol said nervously. He had woken up at the break of dawn to get all the ingredients for a good breakfast for the younger.

Sungjong weakly smiled, scraping the eggs into the corner of the square shaped plate. “Thank you, Sungyeol..” whispered Sungjong, his voice hoarse. “I am not in the mood to eat right now” he chewed on the pancake, but the perfectly buttered breakfast was sandy and soggy in his mouth.

Sungyeol pouted, “Sungjong! You have to eat. You didn’t eat last night and it’s almost noon now.” 

Sungjong shook his head and smiled, “Sungyeol ah, thank you for worrying about me.. but I truly have no appetite. I will vomit my stomach out if I don’t control the urge.” Sungjong dropped his head into his hands. “Sungyeol, help me. I have nowhere to go,” He cried out. Tears dripped from his face and large droplets of those tears streaked onto his shirt.

Sungjong looked up once more, his face was splattered with coats of red and the once large eyes were squeezed shut. “Sungyeol.. Sungyeol why? Why did you have to take me away from Myungsoo?”

Sungyeol narrowed his eyes. Even the thought of someone tainting his innocent Sungjong made his blood boil. “Sungjong ah, you shouldn’t let someone like him do that to you.” Sungjong winced and shivered. It felt like a cool breeze brushed his body, except that the windows were closed shut. “Sungyeol.. Do me a favor.” Sungjong slowly raised the glass of orange juice to his lips. “Don’t bother me when Myungsoo is with me. It will be better that way for the both of us.”

Sungyeol closed his eyes. He knew that Myungsoo was bad for Sungjong, but if this wicked man made Sungjong happy.. he would have no choice in whether he would or would not disturb the two. “Alright.” he whispered, not liking the idea at all.

Sungjong gleamed at him. His broad smile stretched to the corners of his perfectly pale face. His eyes were still stained with droplets of sadness and the corners of his mouth quivered, but Sungyeol thought that the beauty looked even more beautiful than ever. It showed how much the frail boy could love and Sungyeol loved that because he loved Sungjong.

His eyes crinkled around the edges as he smiled and his mouth turned into a full C once he was gleaming. His thin waist was just the right size for Sungyeol’s arms to wrap around and his thin model like legs gleamed as he wore those sickeningly gorgeous shorts.

“Sungjong.. may I ask you something?” said the tall man, nervously picking at his nails. 

Sungjong smiled encouragingly and nodded, “Anytime, Sungyeol. You know I’m always open to help you.” He giggled, “You are new and will probably be a good friend of mine.”

Sungyeol took in a deep breath of air before he burst. “Sungjong ah.. I really like you. Call it love at first sight or whatever, but I instantly felt a pull to you.” 

Sungyeol looked up from his nails and mentally whispered encouraging words to himself. “Sungjong. I really like you. Will you let us become a couple?”

Sungjong widened his large eyes, his mind could not comprehend what his new friend had just said.

“Sure,” said the boy nodding at himself. It wouldn’t hurt to give it a try. Why would being someone’s lover be anything more than a best friend. that is other than the kissing at the light touches, but Sungjong had already experienced that with Myungsoo.

Sungjong immediately knew that he made the right choice just after seeing the bright quirky grin on Sungyeol’s face. It was almost funny how the cool man could act just like a child. Sungjong had a crystal gleam in his eye. He couldn’t wait to get to know his new boyfriend better.

The new couple stayed in a warm embrace for a short duration of time until the taller once collapsed into slumber. Sungjong felt slightly guilty knowing that he was the reason why Sungyeol was exhausted, but the current issue on hand was much more important than what the tall man was dreaming about.

Sungjong slowly sneaked out of the cozy house, ordering a taxi as he carefully planned his entrance into the Kim’s house. He had never called the mansion as a home... it was more like a vacation resort, except that the only thing that was different was that he lived on the resort for most of his life. 

Sungjong thanked the driver, handing him a bill as he slowly pushed in the password for the gate. The large metal contraption creaked open and Sungjong slowly sneaked into the house, kicking his shoes off once he reached the entrance only to be faced by a handsome face that blocked his view. 

“Myungsoo..” he croaked. 

Myungsoo ignored the terrified voice that called to him, opting to look away and into the hallway as two figures approached.

One slim with long legs and the other taller and much more muscular.

Sungjong placed a smile on his lips. He would have to fake this as much as he can.


Authors Note// I am so so so sorry about the late update! I just couldn’t make time to write/publish this and I feel so guilty >< Please forgive me.

Anyway, can you guess the two figures? It is awful of me to keep leaving you on cliff hangers, but hey.. we all have to be a little evil sometimes..