Run Away

My Adopted Brother

Chapter 6 // Run Away

Sungjong gasped in the hallway, breathing for air. He couldn’t believe that Hoya had so boldly told him lies all this time; Sungjong thought he could even trust him. 

Footsteps filled the hallway as Sungjong looked up to see a man with a bottle of juice in his hand as he was running in the direction of Sungjong. 

Sungjong’s eyes immediately widened. Who was this stranger that was desperately chasing after him, was it another one of Myungsoo’s friends that would again? He quickly bolted away from the mysterious man. The man stopped and bet down, panting. “Wait! I just wanted to hand you your juice!” 

Sungjong raised his eyebrows and slowly looked back, the man had his juice opened, half of the contents gone. “Sorry,” said the man blushing and ruffling his own hair. “I was thirsty so I drank some..” He glanced at the bottle, “Maybe more than I should have.”

Sungjong laughed and gave the tall man a hand, and the other immediately grabbed it. “My name is Sungjong, who are you?” 

“Sungyeol, I am new to Seoul.” 

Sungjong smiled, “I have some time this weekend.. I’ll make time. Why don’t I pick you up and we can go tour tomorrow? I mean.. you don’t have to if you don’t want to.” Sungjong said. Sungyeol smiled and nodded his head, “That would be wonderful! I would love to tour the city. We can meet up here, I don’t have everything settled at home yet.” said Sungyeol, happily clasping the juice bottle. 

Sungjong happily nodded, pulling out his phone. “Type your number in and I’ll see you soon.” Sungyeol did, saving his name as Sungyeollie. Sungjong blushed, “It was nice meeting you, Sungjong!” called Sungyeol as he ran away. “Sorry! I just realized I am late for class!”

Sungjong giggled, he had yet to meet anyone this fun. Something inside him told him to stick with this new man. 

Sungjong’s phone buzzed right after her finished the drink, on his way to throw the can in the recycling building. 

Sungyeollie: Sungjongie ~ Did you receive this text?

Sungjong: Sungyeol hyung, I got your message. Please get back to class hyung, I’ll get in trouble as well if you get your phone taken away. 

Sungjong giggled, he had never felt so happy since he was a small child. Myungsoo was anything but kind nowadays and he hardly ever visited Sungjong unless it was for his pleasures. 

Hoya had given him a small glimpse of what love was like but he had never understood what love and happiness actually was. He could never truly hate Hoya, just like he could never hate Myungsoo. They had both given him what he needed most, love and even if it wasn’t for forever he could not bare to let those memories go.

Sungjong calmly walked to his next class, a sharp cold hand pulled his back. “Sungjong, where were you? Don’t you know how embarrassing it was for me when a student reported you to have last been seen with me? It would ruin my reputation if they found out you were my adopted little brother.” Myungsoo blew his gum into a bubble and popped it, “Mr. Xi was looking for you,” The handsome male slapped a thick binder in Sungjong’s hands. “You left it on your desk. Be careful next time, Lee Sungjong.”

Sungjong obediently nodded and turned away before the hand grabbed his shirt once more, “Where is my juice?” Sungjong shook, the juice. He had forgotten that the strawberry canned juice was for Myungsoo. “I-I I left it in the cafeteria.” 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, “As expected of someone as clueless of you. Just make sure you don’t make that mistake again. I’ll let you go this time.” Sungjong shivered and slowly turned his body away leaving a chuckling Myungsoo in the background.

...

The bell finally rang and Sungjong leaped out of his chair racing to the spot where he had met Sungyeol. Sungjong had spent the whole day dreaming of the tall man with light honey colored hair. 

He clutched his books in one hand and his phone in the other, patiently waiting for his new friend to saw something. 

He felt a hand touch his back and Sungjong immediately burst into a happy, excited smile. “Sungye-!” gasped Sungjong as he came eye to eye with Myungsoo. “Myungsoo hyung.” whispered the one excited boy. “What are you doing here?”

Myungsoo growled and pushed Sungjong to the wall, ing the frightened boy’s vest. “Who is this Sungyeol you were talking to?” Sungjong widened his eyes, fear overtaking happiness in a second, “H-He’s my new friend.. Sungyeol is new to this school,” Sungjong gasped as a hand went into the southern regions. He was automatically lifted on to the wall. Sungjong pushed his hands forward, trying to push Myungsoo away, but the muscular chest wouldn’t budge.

His hands were clipped above his hands, he could feel the strong grip that was holding them there. It would surely leave a bruise.

Sungjong screamed in pain as the session ended. “Myungsoo..” whispered Sungjong, his voice now hoarse from shouting as he slid down the wall. “I don’t know what happened,” he murmured to himself wrapping his body in the vest that Myungsoo had practically tore off his slim frame.

Sungyeol panted, running towards the voice that had just been shouting. It had been from the spot he was supposed to meet up with Sungjong. 

He should have called the boy to tell him that Ms. Lee would be holding him late for a small lesson on what to bring to school as well as learning not to kick his feet up on the desk. 

A limp body was leaning on the wall, Sungyeol quickly rushed over. Gasping at the figure who was a very tired and beat down Sungjong.

“Sungjong!” he yelled glancing around the younger’s body to find blood staining the once white underwear.

“Sungjong! Who did this to you?” Sungjong panted and shook his head, “Sungyeol... I can’t tell,” said the boy before collapsing once more on the floor, but this time Sungyeol caught him. The boy was straight asleep.

Sungyeol gripped the boy’s thin waist, wrapping his jacket to cover his body. He would have to take Sungjong to his house today. Who had even thought about doing this to an innocent creature like Sungjong?


Authors Note:// I hope you liked meeting Sungyeol in this fic he he~ 

Thank you for all the support everyone and please comment down below and subscribe. I love all the love you give me. Kudos to you :)