What You Used To Be

My Adopted Brother

  

Authors Note:// I am also working on another fan fiction (hunhan) called Forgotten. Feel free to check it out. I will try to update both at the same rate! English is not my native language, so I hope you will point out both my grammar mistakes as well as my spelling mistakes.

Chapter 1 // What You Used To Be

Sungjong was lonely. That was a fact. He had nowhere to go, no family, no friends.. well at least not now. He had no hope.

It isn’t fun to listen to sad stories that have no hope in them, so Sungjong never mentioned his bad past and he hides it well behind a lemony fresh smile. He gave all he could to the Kim family who took in a homeless boy on the streets when he was at the bare age of three years old. He owed everything to them and Myungsoo, their only son, made sure that he knew that. 

Myungsoo was perfect. Sungjong used to copy everything Myungsoo did. He sipped his tea the same way, he walked the same way, he even stole clothes from Myungsoo’s wardrobe to dress alike. 

That all changed when they entered their first year of high school. Myungsoo was like a new person. He was a slave driver, but Sungjong knew that his best friend couldn’t change. He still believed in Myungsoo. 

Sungjong noticed many differences. Myungsoo no longer went by his actual name and he would sneer at Mr. and Mrs. Kim whenever they didn’t call him L. Sungjong was the only exception. He laughed cruelly at himself. The only reason Myungsoo didn’t want Sungjong to call him L was probably because he wanted to remind Sungjong that had no place in his new life.

Myungsoo was a cunning monster, if that word could even describe what he was. He knew that Sungjong would never stray away from the Kim family and had no problem using that to his advantage. His ual drive had only gone up when he started high school. Sungjong, the innocent little vixen didn’t know how the long shirts he wore at night drive him crazy to see the milky white skin hidden beneath the bare shirt.

He smirked at himself as he leaned over the window to wave good bye to another girl who had warmed his bed for the night. She had been a great bed warmer, but even she was nothing compared to his little slave he had waiting by his side. Nothing could compare to Sungjong, not that Sungjong mattered.

He chuckled bitterly to himself. He had no need to make any sense of it. Sungjong was useful to release his anger and he didn’t need to be anything more than that. 

Myungsoo scowled at himself in the mirror. 

How dare he build so many memories with an orphan? How dare his parents adopt one? 

He would never tell his friends of this secret that he had buried under his chest. They would think so lowly of him. He glared at himself in the mirror. The face glared back equally as threatening. He had always known that his parents were to nice for their own good. They gave millions to charity events and they gave at least a small part of their enormous fortune to struggling children like Sungjong.

What was so special about an overly feminine boy?

Sungjong stared at the blinking lights on his name tag alerting him that Myungsoo had called for another job for him. He sighed grudgingly getting up to Myungsoo’s room. He had prepared himself today. Sungjong smoothed his shirt and plastered a smile upon his face, spitting out the lemon gum he had placed in his mouth. He needed to look perfect for Myungsoo. He had to be the perfect friend that could support someone who had no idea that what he did affected the smaller so much. 

That didn’t matter now. Sungjong had to stay in the Kim family, at least until he graduates. He had no qualms with any of the family members. Not even Myungsoo, he had only longed for Myungsoo’s love back. 

He buzzed the door. “Come in,” said a voice.

“Myungsoo-hyung.” said Sungjong, carefully entering the room. “You called for me.” 

Myungsoo snorted as he rolled his eyes at the innocent boy. Sungjong took in a deep breath and inched toward the bed. “Stop,” said Myungsoo holding the frail boy back.

The younger widened his eyes. Myungsoo would always pin him to the bed, he would never allow Sungjong even a second of peace. 

“I don’t feel like touching you today.” Myungsoo sighed as he removed his arm and glided across the room towards the entrance. “I don’t feel like seeing your existence in general.” 

Sungjong’s lip quivered with shock as he slowly reached out to touch the muscular arm only to have his hand swatted away. “W-w-what did you call me here for?”

Myungsoo smirked and turned to face him. “Your room is right next to mine, I have a couple of friends visiting,” he raised his right eyebrow. “You get the idea right?”

Sungjong slowly nodded. “B-but we.. no I mean you have a couple of guest rooms in the other wing.” 

Myungsoo snorted, “I thought you stalked me at school. You should know that I have three friends and there are only two open guest rooms similar to the size of your room. It’s only sensible that one of them should stay at your room, right Jongie?” he said Sungjong’s smooth cheek.

“O-Okay..” whispered Sungjong, his head down. “I’ll move my things today to a spare guestroom.” 

“No.” said Myungsoo pulling his younger ‘brother’ even closer to him by the waist. “My friends will be staying there, we can’t have them seeing a dirty little thing like you.” He tapped his chin, “Ah, I know that there is a bed in the attic. It’s a bit small and dusty up there, but you’ll manage. Right, Jongie?” He didn’t leave anytime for Sungjong to answer. “Well that’s it, go on your way. I knew you would help.”

“Wait! Myungsoo-h-hyung..” said Sungjong pulling on Myungsoo’s sweater to stop him from leaving. “How long will I have to stay there?” 

“You’re getting greedy, little peasant.” said Myungsoo, snatching his sweater away from Sungjong’s grasps. “Whenever they leave. I’ll be nice and warn you this. They are in some financial trouble and maybe a few months would be good.”

Sungjong slowly nodded. It would take all day to pack.

Authors Note:// Ha ha, I am getting a Cinderella vibe just from making Sungjong staying in the attic. Don’t worry this is a purely myungjong fanfic (ha ha, if you were wondering if Myungsoo would be something like an evil stepmother) , maybe I’ll splash in someone else with little Jongie. (maybe~)
Feel free to leave suggestions down below! I hope you liked it! (^.^) 
Sending loving hearts to all of you who subscribed! More loves gains energy for me. I hope to update soon within two or three days!