밝혀진 비밀 (revealed secret)

Unwanted Arranged Marriage
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mark was nervous for a reason. He wanted to know what he had to know. Jinyoung and Jackson looked really serious and mark was confused.

“Tell me what nyoung?” Mark asked and jinyoung was just looking down. Jackson had both of his hands linked on his head. He was pacing back and forth. That made mark more anxious to know and worried for Jinyoung.

“Promise me that you won’t get upset or angry” Jinyoung said in a soft voice and Mark nodded. Jackson shot Jinyoung a worried glance but jinyoung ignored it.

“Okay I won’t so what is it?” Mark asked this time, his intonation rising. Jinyoung took a deep breath and looked into mark’s eyes.

“I have heart disease” Jinyoung announced. He actually felt relieved that he told mark but at the same time the expression on Mark’s face worried him a little.

“You are joking right?” Mark asked but either Jackson or Jinyoung was replying and mark knew it was the truth. Many questions were going through in his head. He didn’t know how to respond to this. It was just too sudden.

“Wait…Jackson, did you know?” Mark asked and Jackson exhaled.

“Yea. I did. Not long ago” Jackson replied and mark was disappointed. His best friend knows but not him.

“Mark..I can explain” jinyoung grabbed mark’s arm but mark slapped his arm off. Jinyoung looked at mark with terrified eyes and mark felt guilty but he felt betrayed by Jinyoung who kept this away from him.

“I am sorry Jinyoung but I…I just have to get my mind straight” Mark slowly walked away, leaving Jinyoung devastated and Jackson vexed.

“What to do now?” Jinyoung said in a low voice and Jackson hugged his friend. “You should have told him earlier Jinyoung. Just leave mark to do all the thinking” Jackson advised and jinyoung nodded. Jinyoung finished the test successfully and Jackson dropped him home. Jinyoung noticed that mark’s working suitcase was gone. Jinyoung sighed and slumped on the couch. He didn’t feel like eating and he felt miserable. He regretted not telling mark beforehand. He had headache and he decided to sleep.

-----------------------

“Mark! Where are you going?” Jinri asked seeing that mark was leaving her. “I have to go. Sorry. I don’t think I can accompany you” Mark said bluntly and left. Jinri was left dumbfounded. Jackson, who was watching all this approached her.

“Why did you return” Jackson asked in a cold voice and Jinri smirked. “Why can’t i?” Jinri asked back. Ever since from highschool, the two had problems.

“I think you know what I mean” Jackson said and Jinri flinched a little. “I don’t know what you mean” Jinri said her voice trembling a little. Because Jackson actually looked scary right now.

“Look. I don’t know what you are here for, but if you are planning on hurting my friends, I will kill you, even if that leads me in jail” Jackson stared into her eyes. He sounded much scarier with his low, husky voice. Jinri was shaking in fear after Jackson left.

Just you wait

Jinri grabbed her phone and called somebody. “Hey, keep close watch on Park Jinyoung” She said through the phone.

“I will. Anything else?” The other person on the phone asked and Jinri grinned.

“That is all for now” She said and ended the call. She grabbed her heals and walked out of the hospital. That made the nurses look at her shocked. And one of the nurses was Jinyoung’s mother. One thing that she didn’t know was that Jinyoung’s mother was watching her from afar. She noticed mark walk in with an injured girl and she just happens to be walking fine. Jinyoung’s mother decided to keep a close watch.

When mark went into his office, he leaned on his chair and closed his eyes. He looked at jinyoung’s contact and shut his phone. In his office, he had a picture of Jinyoung in a frame and he placed it in his drawer. He didn’t want to see Jinyoung right now.

How can he not tell me? I am so confused right now… I wonder if Yugyeom and others knows too.

Mark grabbed his phone and dialled Jaebum. Yugyeom and bambam are still in lesson so he decided not to bother them. Yugyeom will find out by Jinyoung anyways.

“Hello? Mark?” Jaebum asked confused why mark called him all of a sudden. “Do you know about Jinyoung?” Mark asked and jaebum frowned. Youngjae, who was lying down on jaebum’s lap with his book, noticed that something was off.

“What about him?” Jaebum asked trying to keep it cool. “You really don’t know?” Mark asked irritated. It was a yes or no question, yet jaebum kept asking him the question.

Jaebum took a long time to answer and his answer shocked mark even more. “Yes I do know.. Everyone except for you knew. How did you find out?” Jaebum asked and mark banged his table with his fist.

“I met him  in the hospital” Mark answered and jaebum hummed. “Yea I think today he was getting a test done. He has to get surgery done soon” Jaebum answered without knowing that they just have found out.

“WHAT?” Mark yelled and jaebum knew that he had made a mistake. “Mark, how far do you know?” Jaebum asked and mark sighed.

“I only know that he has heart disease. That’s all. I just left him because I was confused” Mark answered and he also heard jaebum sigh.

“Look, I know you are upset but talk to him. Listen to what he has to say. Take your time to calm yourself.” Jaebum advised.

“I will. But what did you mean when you said that the had to get his surgery done soon?” Mark asked and jaebum was silent once again.

“I am going to tell you this and only this. Pretend you heard nothing. Jinyoung’s condition is getting worse. The doctors have advised that he would live more if the surgery was done early. Because you have business to attend next week, he was planning on doing It then” Jaebum explained and mark’s world was falling apart. Did jinyoung not trust him? Why was jinyoung deciding things on his own?

“Oh…Thanks” Mark said and he hung up. Jaebum stared at his phone for a while. “Did mark find out?” Youngjae asked and jaebum nodded.

Mark was in a deep thought when a knock interrupted him. “Who’s this?” Mark asked annoyed. “Its me Jackson” Jackson answered and he entered.

“I don’t know what to do. What am I supposed to do?” Mark asked pleading for help. Jackson pitied both Jinyoung and Mark.

“Talk to him” Jackson said and mark was annoyed at how much ‘talk to him’ he was getting, both from Jaebum and Jackson.

“Did you also know that he was going to have surgery next week?” Mark asked and Jackson knew that it was jaebum who told mark.

“yes, I did. Look. It Is really complicated. You have to talk to jinyoung. Once you listen to him, your anger will be gone. I know he took a long time to tell you but this was because he didn’t want to disturb you with your work, when it is a very important time. He was just looking for a right time to tell you, and it just happened to be today” Jackson explained and that helped mark calm down a little.

Please log in to read the full chapter