Stay

Sleepover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TW: Weapons and some gore.

 

No, this wasn’t how things were supposed to be, it was all wrong. They weren’t supposed to be here using weapons as extensions of their arm, fighting against those monsters so they could just live for one more day. No, they were supposed to be up on a stage hearing the screams of their fans, not screams filled with fear and agony as they slowly turn from a single bite.

 

In this world they weren't Twice, they were nine girls fighting for their lives every breathing moment. They were nine girls trying to survive in a world that ended in silence.

 

 

 

The ringing of her baseball bat making contact with the head of one of them echoed in their ears. She lets out a sigh, her shoulders dropping in the process. It was the last of them, finally.

 

“Come on, we’re all tired,” Jihyo says, “Let’s rest for the night.”


They all follow her into the empty building, tightly closing the door behind them. She plops down onto the ground, the bat slowly rolling from her hand. Finally they could breathe without looking over their shoulder every second. She feels a slight weight on her shoulder to only discover Chaeyoung sitting next to her, her head resting on her shoulder.

“How are you holding up Chaeng?” She asks. The younger girl softly smiles at her, her pinky finger looped around Dahyun’s.

 

“Tired,” She responds, “Better though.”


“Sleep, Jeongyeon unnie is taking first watch tonight.”

It was hard to smile nowadays, especially when every day is a fight for your life. She remembers when it all happened, when the world came crashing down around them.

 

*

 

“God, how can things turn out like this?” Nayeon asks nobody in particular, her hands gesturing towards the TV. “This drama just took a real fast turn that no one expected.”

“It’s a drama unnie, what do you expect?” Jeongyeon asks, “Most of them are a bit unrealistic and farfetched.”

Nayeon quickly shushes her, her eyebrows furrowed as she once again gets into her own little world.

Jeongyeon softly laughs at the girl, her attention going towards the TV.


They were all just home watching their drama not expecting the worst. Laughs were shared amongst each other at the funny scenes displayed on the screen, snacks getting passed around.

 

They didn't expect the end to come so soon.

 

“Hey, who changed the channel?” As Nayeon was about to grab the remote the reporter came on screen, videos of a viral outbreak showing up on screen.

 

Dahyun couldn’t believe their ears, none of them could.

“V-viral outbreak?” Chaeyoung stutters. The younger girl’s hand reaches for Dahyun’s, they both hold onto each other tightly. Fear overtook all of their hearts as they continued digesting all the info. Jihyo lowers the volume on the TV having enough of what they were showing.

 

“Girls…go pack essential things,” She started. “We’re leaving here tomorrow.”

 

*

 

Dahyun wakes up, taking in a sharp breath. Her left hand automatically wraps around the weapon lying by her side (a little too easily). Jeongyeon walks up to her. “What’s wrong?”

She lets out a sigh as she realizes it was Jeongyeon making the noise. “Nothing, I just thought I heard something.”
The older girl lets out an apology. “Go back to sleep Dahyun-ah, we all need the rest.”

And so she makes herself comfortable again (as comfortable she can get) and lets sleep take over her.

 

 

 

“And I thought the only zombies I would ever encounter would be on our music video set,” Momo says cleaning blood off the of the gun. Dahyun just keeps shut as she scavenges around the empty house looking for food for the others. Her eyes land on a small pile on the kitchen floor.

 

“I thought the same,” She finally says picking up cans of food lying on the ground. Momo quickly opens up the backpack and lets the cans roll in.

“If only the solution would be singing ‘Like Ooh Aah’.” The older girl sighs, her lips curling up into a faint smile. “If only it was that simple."

The younger girl lets out a breathless chuckle, zipping up the backpack. "I wish it was that easy but it seems like things will only get harder from here."

 

"Maybe we'll stumble upon some kind of miracle."

"Do you really believe in miracles unnie?"

 

Momo shrugs, slinging the backpack over her shoulder, "In these times all we can really hold onto is hope since it's all we have left. Now let's go, they're waiting."

 

 

 

"Here, we can share this." Dahyun sits beside Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, an open can in her hand. "We have enough to last us a few days."

They take turns taking in their measly meal. "Did you run into any?" Tzuyu asks.

 

"Just a few, not much of a big deal." She rests her head against the wall behind her, thoughts rushing into her head. "What do you think our chances are of getting out of this?"

 

"We're going to get out of this together Dahyun-ah," Jihyo says, "We're all going to reach that safe zone in one piece."

A faint smile reaches her lips as she turns back to face the two youngest members. "All we can hold onto is hope," She mutters to herself. She wanted to believe Jihyo, she hoped that they really would get there together but a part of her knew they wouldn't. There would always be some kind of loss on the way.

 

 

*

 

 

She's lost track on how many days they've been out trying to reach their destination. The constant ticking of her watch irritated her, it was as if it was counting down to when her turn to be taken would come (her turn to become a brainless, flesh consuming monster), so she decided to throw it away not being able to stand that thought. She grabbed a stick, drawing on the dirt beneath her.

"What do you think things would be like if this virus never broke out?" She lifted her head up to see Chaeyoung now sitting in front of her.

 

"Happier..." A smile tugged at her lips as she wrote TWICE in the dirt. "Less dead."

She tossed the stick aside, "What's the use of wondering when the world already fell apart? The thought of it just makes me sad." Chaeyoung frowns, her hand cupping Dahyun's cheek.

 

"Where'd that optimistic, energy filled unnie I knew go?" Chaeyoung asks softly, her gaze meeting Dahyun's.

"The same time the world did."

 

"Come on girls, let's get moving," Jihyo says before Chaeyoung could say anything, "We have a full day ahead of us."

 

 

Chaeyoung occasionally glanced at Dahyun as they trekked their way. All of them have changed in some sort of way since the beginning of the end. Everyone was tired, scared and cautious of everything around them.

 

She felt herself bump into Sana. Curious as to why they stopped she looked over the older girl’s shoulder, shocked at the sight.

 

The sight was horrendous. Bodies were piled up on the sides of the streets, blood splattered on the ground and cars that were long abandoned.

 

"What in the hell happened here?" Jeongyeon asked, looking around at the hell set out in front of them.

"People really fought their way through," Mina said, no longer fazed by the grotesque sight. Dahyun lazily turned in her spot, eyes widening.

 

"Chaeyoung watch out!"

 

She rushes over to the younger girl, her bat making contact with the head of the snarling zombie. Nayeon plunges her knife into the head of it, the body instantly dropping to the ground. Dahyun pulls Chaeyoung towards her, eyes inspecting her body making sure she was okay.

 

"Hey, behind you!" Sana warned.

 

", I thought the streets were supposed to be clear!" Momo shouts pulling out a handgun she found long ago, a bullet now embedded into the skull of the zombie. Dahyun felt bits of blood splatter onto her face as she ran past them, dragging Chaeyoung with her. She pushed the girl towards their leader, quickly swinging as the bat made contact with another zombie sneaking up behind her. More blood splattered onto her face as she swung at it again.

 

Things went quiet as they collected themselves.

 

She stumbled back, tears pooling up in her eyes as she roughly wiped away the blood at her cheeks. "How much longer do we have to deal with this?"

 

"Just one more week until we reach the safety zone, just one more."

 

"Do you really think we'll make it there together?" She asked, her gaze settled onto Chaeyoung, "Will we really make it as nine?"

 

"We will Dahyun, I'll make sure we will," Jihyo said, determination to protect her members deeply embedded into her heart, "Just trust me."

She lets out a small sigh, "Fine."

 

"Search for things we need," Jihyo orders, "Make sure to go with someone."

Chaeyoung goes towards Dahyun, "A-are you okay?"

 

She laughs, "Shouldn't I be the one to ask you that?" She takes Chaeyoung's hand, placing the bat in it. "Take this, protect yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter