In Bloom

Sleepover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soulmate AU.

 

 

No matter how much she tossed and turned, sleep wouldn’t be coming to her. She sat up letting out a sigh that she didn’t realize she was keeping in.

 

“Sleep not coming?” She lifted up her head and saw her friend standing in the door way.

“Was my tossing and turning keeping you up?” She asked. The older girl shook her head as she sat next to her on the bed.

 

“I just happened to be up and heard your discontent sigh,” She explained, “What’s up?”

“It’s nothing,” She said hoping the girl would believe her. The older girl let out a soft chuckle.

 

“Do you think I’m that dumb Kim Dahyun?” She asked, “Come on, you know you can tell me anything.”

“I just can’t sleep Nayeon unnie,” Dahyun said shortly, “Mr. Sandman decided not to bless me tonight with a much needed night of sleep.” Nayeon pursed her lips and brought in Dahyun for a hug.

“Please…just whenever you feel something is wrong, please don’t be scared to come to me,” She said as she hugged the younger girl tightly.

 

“Can I just have a sleeping pill please?” Dahyun asked as she gently pushed herself away from the older girl, “I’ll have to force Mr. Sandman to take me away to dreamland.”

 

“Dahyun-“

 

“Please, just for tonight, just this once,” She said. Nayeon let out a soft sigh as she went out to the kitchen. 

“Here,” She said handing the small white tablet to Dahyun.

“Thank you,” Dahyun mumbled as she popped the pill into . She felt her eyelids grow heavier by the minute.

 

“Good night Dahyun-ah.” And with that said, she fell into a deep slumber.

 

 

 

She could feel grass underneath her hands as she sat up finding herself under the shade of a tree. A smile reached her lips as she realized where she was.

And there she was sitting on the grassy field admiring the flowers basking in the sun. The girl turned her head, a smile gracing her lips as she took in the sight of Dahyun.

 

 

“It’s you again…”

Dahyun slowly made her way to her, “Who else would it be?”

 

The girl chuckled as she picked one of the flowers, handing it to Dahyun, “You know I haven’t seen you the past couple days.”

 

“I have troubles sleeping…were you just here alone?”

The girl nodded, a pout fixed on her lips, “It’s not that fun without you here.”

 

 

Dahyun tucked a few strands of hair behind the girl’s ear, a faint smile painted onto her lips.

 

“It’s not much fun to wake up…”

The girl rested her head on Dahyun’s shoulder, “I wonder what it’s like to live in a world full of color.”

 

 

“A wonderful thing I’m sure…” The two sat in silence, taking in each other’s company and the temporary color surrounding them. Dahyun looked down at the girl, studying her features. That's when realization dawned on her, she didn't have a name.

 

“You know, I never got a name.”

 

She grinned at Dahyun, the dimple that Dahyun has grown to love dipping into her cheek.

 

“Son-“

 

 

 

Her eyes opened to see shades of black and white, the sound of her alarm’s shrill ringing (that damned alarm clock) brought her back to reality. She sat up, throwing the alarm clock towards the wall out of frustration. Hearing the loud thudding, Nayeon rushed into the younger girl’s room and was shocked to see her crying.

 

“Dahyun, what’s wrong?” She asked.

 

“Her name, I almost got her god damn name!”

 

Nayeon immediately knew what she was talking about and it tore her apart to see her friend like this. She rubbed her hand up and down the girl's back hoping to ease her.

 

 

“Dahyun, its okay…”

Dahyun just laughed as she roughly wiped away her tears, “Easy for you to say when you already found your soul mate.”

 

“I’m sorry,” She said almost immediately, “I didn’t-“

“It’s frustrating Dahyun-ah, I know,” Nayeon said remembering the days she spent wallowing, “Whoever she is, you’re both going to find each other somehow. I know you’ll find her.”

 

 

The younger girl faintly smiled at her, “I hope I do unnie, I really do.”

Nayeon softly bit her lip before carefully asking, “Why didn’t you tell me this? I thought there was something really wrong with you the pasts few weeks, I was getting worried."

Dahyun could only shrug, she didn’t even know why she didn’t tell a soul. Maybe it was to enjoy the sudden change, the sudden flashes of color she could get when asleep.

 

(Color.

 

The beautiful fields of flowers ranging from red to blue, the green grass she always found herself sitting upon. The world was such a beautiful place in her dreams. Of all the colors, she would always remember brown.

 

Her brown hair that cascaded down her shoulders gracefully and her warm brown eyes that would stare back at her with such love and warmth.)

 

“Dahyun?” She furrowed her eyebrows at the younger girl’s silence.

 

“Unnie, what’s it like to live in a world full of color?” Nayeon was slightly stunned at the sudden question but quickly tried to conjure up an answer for her.

 

“Once you start seeing it, you wish you could see it more, you just wish you could see it every day. When the blotches you see finally start to form, it’s just the most wonderful thing ever.” A small smile made its way onto her face as she thought of her other half.

 “It’s like a flower blooming, it’s all so beautiful.”

 

 

(Flowers.

 

Only flowers would be a reminder.)

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter