Signal

Sleepover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She watched with a smile on her face as Dahyun walked towards her, the younger girl wrapping her arms around her. They greeted each other with a chaste kiss, Chaeyoung’s lips curling up into another smile against hers. With their foreheads touching, Dahyun met her gaze, “Hello love.”

 

“Hi baby,” Chaeyoung softly greeted, her hands slipping into her warm ones. A small hum of pleasure escapes from her as she snuggled into her, “Baby, I need you to do something for me.”

 

“And what is that?” Dahyun asked, her eyebrow raised. She felt her hand cupping her cheeks, her loving gaze meetings hers, “Wake up, I need you to wake up.”

 

 

Dahyun felt herself being gently shaken awake, Chaeyoung’s fear stricken voice filling her ears, “Baby, w-wake up.” Dahyun looked down at her hands, seizing the slight trembling as she took the younger girl into her arms. “What’s wrong Chaeng?” She asked, her eyes wide, tone slightly alert.

Chaeyoung ran her hand down the older girl’s scar riddled arms from fighting those things (How long has it been now? Weeks? Months? At this point, who kept track?) “I…I got scared,” She admitted. All her fears seemed to melt away as Dahyun tightened her hold around her. She pressed a small kiss onto her temple, softly murmuring, “It’s alright, I’m here.”

 

The younger girl turned her head to face Dahyun, her hand cupping her cheek as her lips met hers in a long kiss. “I love you,” She whispered against her lips.

 

“I love you too…”

 

 

*

 

 

Her stone cold gaze fleeted up towards the sky, her eyebrows knitting in the middle. It’s been some time since they’ve been separated (a calamity driving them apart as two different halves of the group dragged them to safety). Although at times, she thought she was certain Dahyun would be dead (turned into one of those brainless, flesh eating monsters), she hoped with all her heart that she was still alive.

 

She shook her head of those thoughts, her hand tightly wrapped around the walkie talkie they always used whenever they missed each other, a photo of them securely taped on the back of it. “We’ll find her.” She turned to see Jihyo behind her, the girl giving her a reassuring squeeze on her shoulder.

 

“I hope we will,” She softly mumbled, her gaze falling to the picture of better days, “I really hope so…”

 

 

 

It’s been roughly over a month since she last saw her, the girl constantly on her mind. Was she safe? Did she make it out of the chaos? Those questions would remain unanswered until they find each other again (if they find each other again. These doubts would always be on the back of her mind, gnawing its way through her head slowly.)

 

“Sun is up, we should get moving,” Nayeon said to Dahyun, the younger girl looking up from her spot. She noticed the haggard expression on her face, the older girl pursing her lips, “You didn’t sleep, did you?”

Her silence was enough of an answer. The older girl squatted down in front of Dahyun, her hand placed on the top of her head, “I know you’re worried Dahyun-ah, don’t keep these things to yourself. We’re here for you and…we’re going to find Chaeyoung and the rest of them. I promised you, didn’t I?”

 

“Yeah,” She muttered, half of her not believing Nayeon (but she took this small sliver of hope and held it tightly to her chest), “Thank you unnie.”

A faint smile spread across Nayeon’s lips, “Now come on, we’ve got quite the trek to make today. Do you think you can manage?”

 

 

After a long day they finally came to a safe area, the other girl letting out soft groans as they could finally rest. Dahyun fiddled with the walkie talkie in her hand, hoping for something to come through. A few minutes of silence passed, the girl sighing as she put it down on the ground by her bag.

 

“Nothing tonight?” Momo asked.

“Nothing,” She said, “Just like always.”

 

The older girl could sense that Dahyun was slowly giving up hope (they all were but nobody wanted to admit it). Momo wrapped the younger girl in a comforting hug, “Chin up Dahyun, at least we’ve survived another day. This just means we’re one step closer to reuniting.”

(But was what she said true? None of them would know the answer to this.)

 

“I guess,” Dahyun muttered. Momo let out a soft sigh at the sight of a dejected Dahyun, the sight almost foreign. She softly pat the younger girl’s head, a ghost of a smile dancing upon her lips. “Get some sleep, we have another long day ahead of us tomorrow.”

As the older girl walked away, Dahyun pulled out a picture from her jacket pocket. She ran her thumb over it, Chaeyoung smiling brightly at her. She pressed her lips onto the picture gently, softly murmuring, “Good night Chaeng. I love you.”

 

 

Dahyun grimaced as she was suddenly shaken awake, the girl grumbling, “What’s going on?”

 

“Damn it Dahyun get up.” She noted the slight panic in Sana’s tone, the younger girl now sitting up. As she was about to speak Sana put a hand on , the girl pointing towards the entrance. Dahyun furrowed her eyebrows, her eyes following to where the older girl was pointing.

 

At the entrance of the small shop they stopped in was a small hoard of those crea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter