And Dear, I Will Only Love You

Sleepover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Promise me that we’ll always be together no matter what happens to us.”

 

 

“I promise.”

 

 

*

 

Momo ran into a rather pale girl on the way to her apartment after a tiring dance practice.

 

“I’m so sorry!” The girl apologized quickly as she helped up Momo, “My mind has been a mess all day.” The girl smiled brightly at her.  Momo couldn’t help but smile back at the seemingly optimistic girl, her energy revitalized by the beaming girl.

 

“My name is Kim Dahyun, I’m moving into that apartment right there.” Momo’s eyes moved to where she pointed to the apartment right next to hers. “My girlfriend is out right now but I’m sure you could meet her later.”

“Hi,” She said with a smile, “I’m Hirai Momo, looks like we’re going to be neighbors.”

 

“Baby, who are you talking to?” She quickly turned her head to see a small girl with hair cut up to her shoulders approaching them.

“I’m Momo,” She quickly introduced herself; “I’m your new neighbor.”

The girl smiled, her dimple pressing into her cheek, “I’m Son Chaeyoung.”

 

Momo found her new neighbors endearing. She was surprised to find out that they were both younger than her that night when they invited her over.

 

*

 

She was slaving her day away at the café down the street from the apartment complex when the young couple walked in with love struck eyes. A faint smile stretched across her lips as she saw Dahyun lovingly smile at the younger.

“Oh Momo unnie, you work here?” Dahyun asked in surprise snapping Momo out of her trance.

“Just part time,” She smiled at the tightly clasped hands, “So, what would you guys like?”

 

“A slice of that strawberry cake.” Chaeyoung gently shook Dahyun’s arm with her free hand.

“You get something too,” She said quietly. The oldest of the couple smiled at her and added, “With a hot chocolate please.”

 

Momo watched as they sat in the corner of the small shop after receiving their order. A small smile reached her lips as she saw Dahyun feeding Chaeyoung the cake.

 

(She remembered a time like that. Everything seemed so much simpler, so much brighter. She remembered her smile, her touch, her everything…

 

They were nothing but bitter sweet memories now.)

 

“Are those the neighbors you were talking about?” She whipped her head to the side to see Sana by her side.

“O-oh, yeah that’s them.”

 

“Sweet couple.” Sana smiled at her. 

 

“You think so?” Momo asked as she glanced at the couple again.  The love struck eyes, the smiles gracefully painted on their faces.

 

Chaeyoung smiled widely at whatever story Dahyun was telling her, her hand still tightly holding Dahyun’s.

“Do you know anything about them?”

“High school sweethearts,” Momo replied, “Been together for 5 years now...”

 

 

(It was easy to tell.

From the way they look at each other, the way they talk to each other; they were each other’s muses. Chaeyoung could make the most beautiful paintings just from how she smiles.

 

Dahyun could compose one of the most beautiful songs you could hear just from the way that she laughs.

 

They were each other's shining stars.)

 

 

“I don’t want anything to happen to them.” Sana assumed this had to do with what happened to her. Nobody knew the full story, nobody but Momo herself.

 

“Nothing will Momoring, don’t worry.”

 

*

 

Just like any other morning Dahyun woke up to an armful of Chaeyoung. A faint smile fleeted up to her lips as she saw how peaceful she looked.  The younger girl’s eyes fluttered open and she saw Dahyun smiling down at her.

 

“Good morning love,” Dahyun greeted before planting a kiss on the girl’s forehead, “Did you sleep well?”

Chaeyoung hummed in response as she basked in the warmth that Dahyun was giving off.

 

“Unnie?” Chaeyoung mumbled. “Tell me you love me.”

“I love you Son Chaeyoung and I always will.” The younger girl’s lips curved up into a smile as she snuggled closer to Dahyun.

 

 

-

 

It’s been a few months since the couple next to her has moved in. She grew close with them over time and enjoyed their company.

 

After a long day at the dance studio Momo quickly showered and went straight to bed.

 

"Where the hell were you?"

 

“You’re not listening Chaeyoung, I’ve told you multiple times that I had a draft due today. Why do you think I’ve been gone?Do you even hear what I say half the time?"

"Unnie please."

 

 

 

 Momo stirred from her sleep and heard loud voices from next door. Ange

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter