Her

Sleepover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She would never be able to forget her first love. The impact that she left on her was too great to ever forget. She remembered all the days they spent together from the first day they met until their last. She remembered everything about her from the smile that seemed to always be gracing her face, to the sound of her sweet laughter. 

 

 

 

 

 

She would never be able to be rid of Kim Dahyun.

 

 

***

 

 

With the school day coming to an end, students quickly scuffled out of the classrooms itching to go home. Chaeyoung watched as her seatmate calmly packed her belongings away. 

 

"Yeah, but you should come and sit with us at lunch tomorrow," Tzuyu said a bit eagerly despite her calm demeanor, "I really want you to meet her and of course, the entire group. They'll love you." 

A faint smile fleeted up onto Chaeyoung's lips as she picked up her backpack, "It'd be nice to meet new people." 

 

They walked out their classroom together but Chaeyoung stopped in her footsteps as she looked around the empty hallway. Tzuyu raised an eyebrow at the shorter girl.

 

"Aren't you going home?" 

 

"Oh no, I kind of want to explore the school. I was never given a real tour of the place." Tzuyu nodded as she waved the girl goodbye leaving her to roam unexplored parts of the large school.

 

 

In the midst of her exploring, the beautiful sound of someone playing the piano echoed through the halls. She followed the sound and was led to one of the many doors of the music department. Peering through the window she noticed a girl with pale skin and long flowing black hair gracefully playing the instrument before her. 

 

She let out a small gasp as the girl turned and smiled at her. The door opened as the girl came out, backpack slung over her shoulder and sheet music in one hand.

 

"You're Chaeyoung, right?" 

"H-How did you know?" She sputtered out. 

 

"Nametag," She said, a smile painted onto her lips, "Also I heard about you from Tzuyu." Chaeyoung looked down in embarrassment.

 

(Of course, they all had nametags. Why didn't she think of that?)

 

 

The girl stuck out her hand, her smile still plastered onto her face, "I'm Kim Dahyun." Chaeyoung gently shook her hand as she recalled Tzuyu practically praising the older girl as the kindest person she's ever met and always wore her heart on her sleeve. 

 

"Tzuyu told me about you."

Dahyun raised an eyebrow as she brought back her hand, "Well I hope she didn't say anything bad about me." Chaeyoung shook her head at an alarming rate.

 

"N-Nothing bad, it was all good talk." Dahyun let out a chuckle at the baffled girl. 

 

"You're cute you know that?" With flushed cheeks, she looked up at her senior with wide eyes. Another smile made an appearance on Dahyun's face. 

"You should sit with us at lunch tomorrow, just ask Tzuyu to lead the way."

 

With her dimple pressed into her cheek, she smiled at the older girl and briefly nodded. If possible, her smile brightened even more as she said, "Then I'll see you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow." 

 

And this marked the beginning of their story. 

 

 

 

"You met Dahyun unnie yesterday?" Tzuyu asked, eyes wide with surprise, "What the heck was she doing here after school?" 

"She was playing the piano..." Chaeyoung was confused as to why Tzuyu reacted like that. Her confusion grew as fear began to sprout in her chest as Tzuyu suddenly turned to her, a creepy smile on her face. As soon as she opened to say something the teacher walked in, shutting the girl up immediately. 

 

 

Dahyun lightly waved her hand to Chaeyoung who was currently trailing behind Tzuyu to their usual lunch table.

"Chaeyoung, these are the animals I have befriended and Dahyun unnie who you met yesterday." Satisfied with her introduction, she pat herself on her shoulder with a proud smile causing a few glares to be shot at her. A bunny like girl cleared before properly introducing herself.

 

"I'm Nayeon and we are not animals." She shot another glare to the youngest of the group who was still congratulating herself before smiling up at Chaeyoung. "Nice to meet you Chaeyoung." 

 

Much to her delight, she quickly grew acquainted with everyone after they introduced themselves. She watched in silence as Dahyun told a story of one of Momo's many misadventures. Laughter soon filled the table as the older girl smiled brightly at all her friends. 

A smile unknowingly crept onto her face as she continued watching in admiration. Ever since their first meeting yesterday she couldn't stop thinking about her. She wanted to know more about the seemingly bright and optimistic girl. 

 

(One, two, --, four)

 

 

 

Another school day shortly came to an end. Chaeyoung nearly let out a scream as someone put their arm around her shoulder as she was maneuvering her way through the hall. Prepared to hit the poor soul, she looked up to see Jeongyeon smirking down at her.

 

"So, I noticed you staring at Dahyun earlier at lunch. You seem a bit interested in the little tofu." 

"I-I..." Chaeyoung tried to come up with an explanation but seemed to have forgotten how to speak. Jeongyeon let out a laugh as she lightly punched the girl's arm with her free hand, "I'm just kidding but Dahyun is a sweet and interesting kid. I met her when she was still a freshman, still as bright as she was then."

 

Chaeyoung wondered why she was telling her about this but she just followed and listened to the older girl.

 

"Dahyun has the biggest heart out of everyone I know. I would hate to see her hurt in any kind of way." She let go of the girl as they reached the schools gate. "You're probably wondering why I'm saying all this, aren't you?" 

She slowly nodded, eyes filled with curiosity. "You may not know it yet but I know when I see it, just be careful with her alright? I trust you." Jeongyeon smiled before she left leaving Chaeyoung extremely confused. She had so many questions as to what she meant.

 

 

"Hey, are you okay?" A familiar voice asked breaking her out of her trance. Dahyun appeared in her line of vision, a concerned look on her face.

"O-oh yeah, I just...kind of spaced out there..." All concern was washed away as a smile stretched across her lips. 

 

"Do you want to do something? I'm free for the rest of the day." Dahyun bit her lip in anticipation.

"Yeah, I'd love to." The younger girl shyly smiled at her. 

 

(She wasn't usually so shy. Why was it only with her?)

 

 

*

 

 

It took her two weeks, three hours and thirty minutes to finally realize she was in love with Kim Dahyun. Two weeks, three hours and thirty minutes to realize what Jeongyeon meant at the school gate. 

 

They sat in the piano room where Chaeyoung first met her. Dahyun would use her time some days after school to teach Chaeyoung the instrument that she's grown to know after many years of playing. She would chuckle every so often when the latter would make a mistake. She took her hands into her own and redirected them to the correct position.

 

("You like her don't you?" Sana asked using the opportunity when Chaeyoung left to the bathroom.

 

Her smile told them everything they needed to know. Jeongyeon tightly hugged the younger girl as she gushed, "Aw, our little tofu is in love!" 

 

She was in love indeed. From the moment she caught her peering into the window, she knew.)

 

 

"You know, you're getting pretty good. Maybe you don't need these lessons anymore." Chaeyoung pouted at the older girl as she let her hands drop from the piano keys. She couldn't help but smile at the sight of her pouting like a child. 

 

"Here, let me tell you a little story." Chaeyoung's eyes lit up as she enjoyed every story that Dahyun has told to her. She sat wondering what it would be this time.

 

(Sana's clumsiness? Another misadventure with Momo?)

 

"Love, it's something most people receive and return in their lifetime whether it be from family, friends, or significant others.” A smile graced her face as she continued, “It’s a wonderful feeling, don’t you agree?”

 

Chaeyoung slowly nodded, confused at where this story was going to.

 

 “The pianist usually didn’t stay after school for so long but for no reason decided to one day. Well that same day a girl happened to stumble upon the music department, mind you this is her first day at that school so she was either lost or just looking around.” 

Chaeyoung tensed in her seat as she realized what Dahyun was talking about.

"Now, this certain girl intrigued the pianist a lot, almost too much. After getting to know this girl better, she realized that she was utterly in love with her.” She directed her eyes towards Chaeyoung. “Do you want to know what this girl looks like?" 

 

With a smile growing on the younger girl's face she slowly nodded. 

"Her hair is a little over her shoulders, she has the most breath taking smile and don't forget her dimple, a mole right by her lips, god she’s just the most ethereal being in the pianist’s eyes. And her name..." Dahyun looked into her eyes, a smile dancing upon her lips.

 

"Her name is Son Chaeyoung." 

 

Their lips met in a brief kiss before Dahyun pulled away, "Will you be my girlfriend?" 

 

"I'd love to." 

 

 

 

"Finally you two are together!" Jeongyeon shouted excitedly at lunch the next day, "We're happy for you kids. God, they grow up so fast." She wiped away a fake tear as she leaned her head onto Nayeon's shoulder. The oldest of the girl nodded her head handing Jeongyeon a fake tissue to wipe away said 'tears'.

 

"Ignore them, but you guys I'm proud," Jihyo said flashing them a motherly smile, "Take good care of each other, alright?" 

Dahyun saluted to her, a wide smile plastered on her face as she held Chaeyoung's hand. 

 

 

 

*

 

 

She rested her head on the older girl's shoulder as she looked out the bus's window. She fixed her gaze to Dahyun who had her eyebrows furrowed at the game on her phone. Her tongue slightly stuck out from between her lips as she began to grow frustrated. 

 

Even a year later, she would continuously fall for her every day.

 

Chaeyoung let out a small giggle at the sight of Dahyun. The older girl turned her head, the game completely forgotten and asked, "Did you need anything love?"

 

(It was amazing at how fast Dahyun would drop things for the sake of Chaeyoung. 

 

If she was holding a stack of plates and heard that Chaeyoung required anything she'd drop the plates not caring they'd break and go straight for the younger girl.)

 

She slowly shook her head as she shifted her position. Dahyun planted a kiss on the crown of her head. "Our stop is here, the animals await us."

 

 

They heard loud shouts and saw snowballs being pelted back and forth from opposite sides.

"Finally you guys are here! Come join my side!" Jeongyeon shouted.

 

"No, come to mine!" Jihyo shouted as she evaded a snowball aimed for her, "It's better than being with that ostrich!"

 

"I told you not to ever bring that up Thomas the Train!" Jeongyeon spat back. The couple just stood there dumbfounded at the battle going on in front of them. 

 

"Sorry Momo unnie," Mina quietly apologized as she hit her directly in the face. Momo sharply gasped as she wiped the snow off her face. 

"I don't care if you're my girlfriend right now, but you're going down Myoui."

 

The two walked over to Jihyo much to Jeongyeon's dismay.

 

"My own little no jam brother?" 

"Sorry unnie." Chaeyoung apologetically smiled before throwing a snowball Mina handed her.

 

 

Dahyun used all her might and energy to throw the snow balls at her 'enemies'. She smiled as one successfully hit the back of Tzuyu's head. She quickly bent down to pick up another one.

 

(One, two, one, two, one, two-)

 

The only thing she could feel at that moment was her heart beating furiously in her chest and pain. Furrowing her eyebrows, she clutched her chest and remained in that position.

 

"Dahyun-ah, are you okay?" Jihyo asked seeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter