cherry waves

Sleepover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

vampire au (?) 

CHECK THE A/N BELOW!

 

 

Chaeyoung was always curious about her neighbor ever since they moved in a month ago. It was odd considering the fact that she came at the dead of night, boxes sitting outside the door of the vacant apartment. She only caught a glimpse of her that night, their eyes briefly meeting before the mysterious girl looked away to tend to her things. Other than that, she hasn't seen her since (her curiosity growing day by day).

 

*

 

She stumbled into the apartment complex, her cheeks flushed red from the consumption of alcohol.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

“I’m just tired,” Chaeyoung mumbled, not even bothering to look up to see who it was. She felt a cold hand on her wrist, gently helping her up.

 

“You shouldn’t be alone down here like this,” The girl said, helping her onto the elevator, clicking the button of the floor she lived on. She caught a glimpse of the stranger; dark hair cascaded down her shoulders, her skin as pale as a sheet of paper. Chaeyoung softly smiled, “You live…you live next to me.”

 

She furrowed her eyebrows, not understanding a single word the girl just slurred out to her. Once they reached the floor, she hesitantly let go of her, “Can you go on from here?”

 

“Y-yes,” She hiccupped, stumbling her way to her apartment door. The girl watched as she fumbled with her keys, finally unlocking the door. She flashed a drunken smile towards her before going inside the comfort of her home. The girl just let out a breathless chuckle, shaking her head as she headed back towards the elevator. She probably won’t remember a single thing in the morning (she hoped that she would).

 

 

It was like someone was drilling a nail in the back of her head, Chaeyoung softly groaning in pain, rolling over in her bed to cover her eyes from the blinding bright sun.

 

“How did I even get back here?” She mumbled to herself.

She quickly sat up, instantly regretting doing so as her headache worsened. She remembered the cold hands, the cold eyes that seemed to stare down at her as they silently rode the elevator together, Chaeyoung leaning into the girl’s embrace.

 

“Oh my god…” Her cheeks grew red in embarrassment, “Oh god, what have you done Son Chaeyoung?”

 

*

 

Jeongyeon let out a laugh, throwing her head back as she held her stomach, “I’m sure she has a great first impression of you.”

 

“Oh shut up unnie,” She grumbled, “I called you over to help me, not to tease me.”

The older girl took a few seconds to calm down, “Well at least you didn’t puke on her or anything.”

 

“Now I’m regretting calling you over,” Chaeyoung quipped, a frown finding its way to her lips. She pinched the bridge of her nose, a small sigh escaping from her as she mumbled, "I knew you'd just make fun of me."

“In all seriousness though, just go over and thank her or something, who knows maybe you can actually get to know your oh so mysterious neighbor,” Jeongyeon advised, “It’s kind of weird though, you’ve never seen her until last night. Makes me wonder what she does with her time.”

 

“Well I know that your time has run out here,” Chaeyoung said standing up from her chair, “Thanks for laughing at my misery.”

“Aw, you know it’s just out of love,” Jeongyeon babbled, “You’re just a little baby.”

 

Chaeyoung swatted away the hand that was squishing her cheeks, “Keep your sweaty hands to yourself.”

 

Jeongyeon just laughed, “Alright, I’ll see you later then Chaeyoung, let me know how the interactions go.”

Before Chaeyoung could protest, the older girl rushed out. She took a mental note to give her a piece of her mind the next time she saw her. The sun peeked through the curtains of her window, Chaeyoung thinking back on what Jeongyeon said. After a few minutes of mustering up the courage, she decided to write a simple note and tape it onto her front door.

 

‘Thank you for helping me back last night, I would’ve probably struggled to get back up if you hadn’t helped me. I want to apologize if I did anything weird, I was just…really drunk. I’d like to repay the favor if you don’t mind.

-Son Chaeyoung’

 

She knocked on the door after taping the note, quickly retreating back to her apartment. The sound of the door opening caught her attention, Chaeyoung pressing her ear up against the walls.

 

“Son Chaeyoung…” She hears her let out a soft chuckle, Chaeyoung’s lips curving up into an unknowing smile. She felt like she achieved some sort of attendance trophy that almost every elementary student received, her heart doing flips in her chest. She slightly jumped in her spot when a brisk knock at the door caught her off guard. Slowly she opened it to reveal her neighbor, faintly smiling at her.

 

“I take it you’re Son Chaeyoung.”

The girl nods, a shy smile dancing upon her lips. There was something about her, something that seemed to be pulling her towards her mysterious neighbor.

 

“I’m sorry I never introduced myself when I moved in, I’m Dahyun, Kim Dahyun,” She introduced, a faint smile reaching her lips, “You didn’t do anything weird if you were wondering, just mumbling a lot.”

 

Her cheeks were dusted a faint red, Chaeyoung bashfully looking down at the floor.

 

“I’m free later tonight if you still wanted to repay the favor.”

 

“O-oh, yeah definitely,” Chaeyoung sputtered out, “I could treat you out for food or…whatever you want to do.”

“Let’s just check out the city,” Dahyun said, “I may have lived here for a month but I never got to do much exploring. I’ll see you tonight then, does eight sound good?”

 

“Yeah, sounds great,” Chaeyoung said, her lips curling up into a smile, “I’ll see you at eight.”

She let out a deep breath as soon as she closed the door, her heart hammering in her chest. If she knew her neighbor would be that beautiful, she would’ve at least looked a little more decent. Her cheeks grew red in embarrassment, Chaeyoung shaking her head to snap out of her trance.

 

Tonight, she was going to redeem herself.

 

*

 

Dahyun stared at all the flashy signs that adorned the shops down the road. A faint smile reached her lips, the fluorescent lights seeming to humor her. The duo walked in silence, the sounds of the bustling city doing the talking for them.

 

“Stick close with me,” Chaeyoung said, “Don’t want you getting lost.”

Dahyun smiled at the younger girl, her pinky linking with Chaeyoung’s, “Now you won’t have to worry about me going off somewhere.”

Chaeyoung faintly blushed, not even noticing how cold her finger felt in comparison to her own. They continued to walk down the bustling streets, checking out a few shops along the way.

 

“Are you hungry at all?” Chaeyoung asked.

“No, but if you are we can go somewhere to eat,” Dahyun said with a small smile, “Lead away captain, while the night is still young!””

 

Chaeyoung softly giggled, linking their pinkies again instinctively, “Hey, do you want a jacket? I just realized how cold you are.”

Dahyun slightly tensed up, gently pulling away her pinky before rubbing her hands together, “It’s nothing to worry about, I just have cold hands.” Her shoulders relaxed when the younger girl dismissed the topic immediately, Chaeyoung carefully leading her through the crowds.

 

 

“So, what did you think of the city?” Chaeyoung asked as they neared the apartment complex.

“Busy and flashy,” Dahyun said, “But still fun.”

Chaeyoung smiled, feeling somewhat accomplished that she was able to show the older girl a good time. She looked at Dahyun to see a stone cold expression on her face.

 

Before she could ask if she was okay, she felt herself bump into someone, an apology slipping from her. Dahyun gently pulled Chaeyoung behind her, the large man she bumped into staring down at her.

 

“What are you two doing out here alone?” He asked, eyes full of nothing good.

 

“Nothing pertaining to you,” Dahyun answered. “Come on, let’s go.” As she goes to walk away with Chaeyoung, the man stops her.

 

“Why don’t you just stay here? Keep me a little company.”

He reached over to touch Chaeyoung, only to have Dahyun grab his wrist.

 

“And who said you could touch her?” Dahyun asked, her voice sending chills down Chaeyoung’s spine. The man winced, her iron grip tightening around his wrist.

 

“Okay, okay! Just let go of me!”

He stumbled back before running away, “You crazy .”

 

Once out of eyesight, Dahyun quickly turned to check the younger girl. Chaeyoung stared at her with wide eyes, bewildered at how she seemed like a completely different person just moments ago. She was slightly shaken, her gaze falling to the floor.

 

“Are you okay?” Dahyun asked concern evident in her tone.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine thanks to you,” Chaeyoung said, “How did you…”

 

“I noticed he followed us since we left,” Dahyun lied (she doesn’t want her to know, she never wanted anyone to know), “I didn’t want anything to happen to you.”

 

Chaeyoung felt her heart skip a beat, “I…thank you.” She didn’t know what else to say to that, the younger girl completely baffled. The rest of the walk was silent, Chaeyoung stealing a few glances at Dahyun.

 

“Thank you for the night out Chaeyoung,” Dahyun said as they stopped in front of the complex.

“Are you not coming in?” She asked.

 

“No, I have to make a quick stop somewhere,” She explained. Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows, “It’s late, I can go with you if you want.”

 

“It’s fine Chaeyoung,” Dahyun reassured, “I’ll be safe.”

“Let me see your phone.”

 

Dahyun raised an eyebrow, “My p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter