Heal

Sleepover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her cries broke the silence of the room. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she trembled.

 

“Everything is okay, everything is okay,” She continuously muttered. She knew she was everything but okay, but false hope can be of use to her at this point. Twenty minutes passed and she grew weary. Her eyes grew heavier and heavier by the minute and she soon fell asleep.

 

 

Everything wasn’t fine.

 

 

“If you were to choose one place in the world, where would you want to go?”

“A place where I can lay down and have some peace and quiet…”

 

 

It was just a matter of time, a matter of days before something would happen.

 

(Something would always happen. They always pushed her over the edge.

 

Always.)

 

*

 

She was glad that she didn’t share any classes with the people she decided to associate herself with. The bell rang loudly indicating lunch, an hour of freedom. She quickly gathered her things and rushed up to the roof.

 

(Friends? No, she wouldn’t consider them that. She’ll always end up alone, she always will.)

The door creaked open slowly and a flash of red hair caught her eye.

 

“What are you doing here Chaeyoung-ah?” She asked already knowing who it was.

“Well, I noticed you coming over here and was just curious,” She said innocently. Dahyun let out a soft chuckle.

“You should go to them,” She said, “They’re probably wondering where you are.”

Chaeyoung just shrugged and sat next to the older girl.

 

“Isn’t this scary?” She asked with wide eyes.

“What’s scary?” Dahyun asked. “The height,” Chaeyoung pointed out. A faint smile danced upon Dahyun’s lips.

 

“There are scarier things in this world to worry about,” Dahyun responded as she gently ruffled Chaeyoung’s hair causing her to pout.

“Heights are nothing…”

 

Chaeyoung noticed the change of mood.

“A penny for your thoughts?” Chaeyoung said to the pale girl. Dahyun smiled at the girl.

 

(One, two, skip, four.) Chaeyoung was flustered at the sudden smile directed towards her. It was no secret that Chaeyoung was indeed in love with Dahyun, nearly everyone but Dahyun herself knew about this fact.

 

“Here’s your penny.” The pale girl grabbed the younger girl’s hand and placed the penny in the center of her palm.

“What about that thought?” Chaeyoung asked. Another smile fluttered onto the older girl’s lips.

 

“You know how to make a person smile,” She said staring off at the clear skies.

“Your smile is always a welcoming sight.” Chaeyoung smiled at the girl, her dimple pressing into her cheek.

 

Cute, Dahyun thought as she stared at the dimple.

 

 

“What are you doing afterschool?” Dahyun suddenly asked. The question sounded extremely foreign to her. What was she doing?

“N-nothing, why?” Chaeyoung hoped the stutter went by unnoticed.

 

“Let’s do something.” Dahyun couldn’t believe the words coming out of her own mouth.

 

“Sure!” Chaeyoung chirped excitedly causing Dahyun to slightly flinch.

“Well, we took up all this time talking,” Dahyun said, “I’ll treat you to lunch.”

 

“You don’t-“

“Let me,” Dahyun said, a faint smile painted onto her lips.

“O-Okay,” Chaeyoung stuttered as she felt her cheeks heating up. The smile never faltered as she stepped down from the roof. She stuck out her hand to help Chaeyoung down. The younger girl stared at the hand before her.

 

“Well, are you going to come down or not?” She asked, “I don’t want you to be late for class.”

“O-oh yeah, sorry.” Taking Dahyun’s hand in hers, she carefully came down from the ledge and smiled at the older girl.

 

 

“I’ll see you after school unnie,” Chaeyoung said before Dahyun walked off to her own class.

“Yeah, after school…”

Tzuyu shot her friend a confused look.

                     

“Where were you during lunch?” Tzuyu asked, “You just left me in the hall.”

“Sorry Tzuyu,” She said scratching the back of her neck, “I noticed Dahyun unnie going off on her own so I just-“

“You followed her?”

 

“Y-yes…” Tzuyu mischievously smiled at her friend.

“So what happened?” She asked wiggling her eyebrows. Chaeyoung hit the tall girl’s arm with much force causing her to hiss in pain.

“You don’t have to be so violent, I was just curious,” Tzuyu muttered.

“She’s buying me food after school,” Chaeyoung said, “She asked me.”

 

Tzuyu smiled at her friend’s success in scoring a date.

 

“So is it a-“

“No, it’s not,” Chaeyoung quickly shot back before Tzuyu could even finish her sentence.

“Think what you want,” Tzuyu said, “It’ll be a date in my head.”

 

Before Chaeyoung could violently retaliate the teacher walked in to begin their lesson.

 

 

 

“Let me know what you want,” Dahyun said to the shorter of the two, “It’s all on me today.”

 

“Unnie, I can pay for myself. You don’t have to do this,” Chaeyoung said.

“I took up all your time just talking,” Dahyun responded, “Let me do this one thing.” A smile found its way to Chaeyoung’s lips.

 

“How about ice cream,” She suggested causing Dahyun to lift up an eyebrow in confusion.

“Not exactly food but whatever you’d like,” She said as they walked into the ice cream store near their school.

 

After getting their ice cream they sat down at a table in the corner of the shop.

 

“Why the sudden outing?” Chaeyoung asked curious over the reason why Dahyun asked. She just shrugged.

“It’s nice to go out sometimes,” Dahyun explained, “And it’s boring to be alone all the time.”

As the conversation between the two struck up another couple noticed from across the street.

 

                                                                                                                                    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter