Chase 10: Bonus Chapter II

Chasing Taebreeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Never in his life would Taeyong imagine being in a situation like this. Loving someone and wanting to be with them when all of a sudden, you just can't. Taeyong doesn't know how to react, to feel. A mix of emotions surged through him, mostly anger, confusion and lost. He felt that it's unfair, not only for him but for the person he grew to care for. 

To love. 

Taeyong felt his mouth dry as he stood frozen in front of his parents. All he could think about was how it came to this. He has a lot of questions in mind and it's up to the point where he doesn't know where to start asking. 

Half brother. 

The word felt bitter in Taeyong's mind and he felt like breaking down in tears at the thought of the only man he ever loved was his stepbrother. 

Which means what both of them had, from the kisses, the touches and the sweet words that were exchanged, it was all wrong. The relationship that they had built in those past few months was improper, inappropriate, without both of them even realizing. 

Taeyong tried to stop any tears from falling from his eyes as he glanced at Jaehyun who stood there with a pale face, like someone had just slapped his face. Taeyong tried to reach for the other's hand automatically but the sudden thought of Jaehyun being his stepbrother stopped him. 

It's wrong. 

It only made Taeyong's heart clenched even more as he tried to suppress his emotions. 

Both Jaehyun and Taeyong's parents sat there like a statue, unmoving. Taeyong can only laugh bitterly in his mind as he stared at them. 

 "Don't you guys think we need some kind of explanation at least?" Taeyong asked, a hint of sharpness in his voice. "You're telling me that my boyfriend is afterall, my ing half brother?!"

The foul word that came out of Taeyong's mouth surprised his parents as they visibly flinch in their seats. Jaehyun on the other hand cannot hold himself any longer so he quickly wrapped his arms around Taeyong, whispering comforting words to his ear and with that, Taeyong quickly regained his composure.

"Mom, dad..." Taeyong called out between silent sobs. "T-tell me this isn't true, please? I c-can't be without him..."

Jaehyun only tightened his hold at Taeyong as both their parents threw them an apologetic look. "I'm sorry Taeyong but it's true," Taeyong's dad started in a sad voice, his arms wrapped around his wife. "I'm the one to blame. One night I was... drunk because your mother and I fought that night and Jaehyun's mother was there, and...it just happened. I'm sorry, Taeyong. And to you too, Jaehyun."

Taeyong can only scoff at his father's explanation as his mother continuously cried in his father's arms and Taeyong wondered how his mother can forgive his father that quickly. He thinks it's pathetic. His father cheated on his mother and she'll just forgive him like that?

Taeyong wondered if it's because of what they call love. 

"Dad...I looked up to you practically my whole life and I find out you cheated on mom?!" Taeyong wiped the tears on his cheeks. "I can't believe this!" he turned his attention to his mother. "And mom, what? You'll just forgive him like that? Like nothing happened?"

"It was one night, Taeyong." his father reasoned. "We didn't do anything more than that. I admit it's wrong but Tae, please son, I hope you'll forgive me. I love you and your mother so much, I can't afford to lose you both."

Taeyong sneered at the words. "Well I hope you thought of that before you decided to  someone else other than your wife."

"Taeyong!" Taeyong's mother intervened, her eyes showed disbelief. "Watch your words! You can't talk to your father like that!" 

Taeyong narrowed his eyes, baffled. "Mom, he doesn't deserve to be respected. Not after what he did to you. To us." 

 His mother seemed to say something more when Jaehyun's mom suddenly spoke, her voice quiet. 

"I'm sorry for what happened but understand that it was something that had happened once. I hope you tru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter