Chase 7

Chasing Taebreeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark slowly made his way to a shaken Taeyong, his steps soft like a feather. His eyes shows so much concern which made Taeyong confused since it hasn't even a week until the two met and the younger cannot care that much about him, can he? ​

"Hyung, are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Mark asked, his voice laced with worry. Taeyong opened his mouth to reply but the sound of the man groaning on the ground stopped him and Mark quickly caught Taeyong's terrified eyes as the man tried sitting up, his hands reaching for Taeyong who was frozen in his spot. With a quick, swift move, Mark kicked the man in the stomach sending him on the ground again, groaning as a small amount of blood slowly rushes down his nose. Taeyong stared at Mark, his mouth gaped open.

"Where did you learn how to do that?" Taeyong asked. It surprised him that someone small like Mark can take down a man bigger than him with just a punch and a kick. Taeyong can't help but to feel like they're in some kind of a cliche movie where Mark is his knight in shining armor and he's the helpless victim. Taeyong can only mentally laugh at the stupid thought.

Mark chuckled. "I've been doing kickboxing since I was ten," he turned his head to the side, glaring at the man who's now running away from them. "That er won't bother you anymore, I'll make sure of it, hyung."

The foul word that came out of the younger's mouth caught Taeyong off guard but he quickly ignored it. Instead, he embraced Mark in his arms as he mumbled a thank you in the younger's ears before letting go. "I feel like a simple thank you isn't enough for saving me, just...thank you Mark, really."

Mark smiled. "It's nothing, hyung!" he gave Taeyong a glance-over, examining the other for any bruises, his eyes landing on the older's wrist. "Hyung, there's a mark on your wrist. It's red...does it hurt?"

Taeyong checked his wrist and indeed, there's a red mark planted on his pale, white skin. Taeyong thought it's probably caused by the hard grip of the man on his wrist earlier. He gasped thinking he didn't even notice it was there in the first place. "Yah Mark, it's nothing. It doesn't even hurt, trust me. I'm alright!" Taeyong reassured. "Plus, this is nothing compared on what you did to him."

Mark looked at him, doubtedly. When Taeyong smiled once again, he sighs as his ran his hand through his hair. "What I gave him isn't enough for what he did to you." Mark mumbled. "...but alright, hyung. But at least let me walk you home."

Taeyong shook his head. "Mark, you don't have to. I don't wanna be a bother."

"Are you kidding me, hyung?" Mark laughed, stepping closer to Taeyong. "You'll never be a bother to me. I just want to make sure you get home safely."

Taeyong turned to look at the younger and saw that the younger's brown orbs were looking straight back at his eyes. Taeyong let out an awkward cough at their closeness and quickly stepped backwards, giving them distance. "I-if you insist then."

"Great!" Mark grinned, picking up Taeyong's black duffel bag from the ground.

During the walk home to Taeyong's house, Mark told Taeyong how he was walking to the convenience store to buy food until he saw Taeyong walking home and noticed that a strange man was following him so Mark quickly decided to follow them thinking that the man is up to no good. Taeyong also learnt that the younger have been enrolled in kickboxing lessons since he was young and actually won a few awards for his outstanding ability in the sport. Taeyong wondered why his parents didn't enroll him on these kinds of things when he was young too. Taeyong pondered if there's something that Mark cannot do considering that the younger pretty much  can do anything as far as Taeyong can see. In return, Taeyong told the younger little things about himself like how  he wanted to be a firefighter when he was younger and how he finds it very difficult to live away from his family. By the time they reached Taeyong's shared dorm with his best friend, the two has learnt alot about each other and Taeyong won't deny that it feels good to talk to someone he feels comfortable with.

"Well, this is me." Taeyong pointed at the dorm, giving Mark a smile. "Thank you Mark for everything, I really appreaciate it."

Mark only shook his head, a small smile gracing his lips. "Hyung you've literally been thanking me all the way here." he chuckled. "It's no problem, I'm just glad that nothing bad happened to you."

Taeyong nodded in agreement. "Yeah, thanks to you. Anyway, are you sure you don't wanna come in for a while?"

"It's okay, hyung. I gotta get home. My mom is probably really worried about me,"

Taeyong noddded once again, walking to the door but not before giving Mark another smile. As Taeyong was about to open the door, Mark's voice stopped him.

"Wait, Taeyong hyung."

Taeyong turned his head towards the younger, his expression confused. "Yeah, Mark?"

Taeyong noticed how the other fiddled with his sleeves as Mark stood there, his eyes fixed on the ground. After a few seconds of silence, Mark raised his head and looked right at Taeyong. "Hyung..." he scratched the back of his head. "Is it true that you're dating Yuta now?"

The question took Taeyong off guard as he tried to search for an answer to say. He can't help but to wonder why the younger asked him a question concerning his love life and Taeyong tried hard not to break into a wide smile at the thought of Yuta. With a love-sick grin, Taeyong nodded. "Yeah, it's true."

"Hyung, you're blushing." Mark pointed out, laughing. "I'm happy for you, hyung! He better take care of you or else...someone might snatch you away from him."

Taeyong nervously ran a hand through his brown locks, feeling his heart twitch excitedly just at the mention of his boyfriend. "Excuse me, I am not blushing!" he narrowed his eyes at the younger. "Yah, don't you need to get home?"

Mark raised his arms. "Hyung, calm down I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter