Chase 16

Chasing Taebreeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It had been almost over a week now since the last time Taeyong saw Yuta. After the fight, it's like the two never even met. No phone calls, no messages and no communication was exchanged. Taeyong tried to call the soccer player and even leave messages on his phone saying it was all a misunderstanding but it seems like the soccer captain really wanted space away from him. By this time, Taeyong figured that Yuta is probably in Japan already, tending to his sick father and taking care of their business. Taeyong sometimes asks himself if the other thinks about him because he certainly does. He can't stop thinking about Yuta. All day and all night, Yuta's smiles keep flooding his mind. From the day Yuta walked away from him, Taeyong had been stuck in his room, not talking to anyone and only going out to go to school. He barely eats food and if he does, it's only when his best friend forces him to eat.

 

In school, Taeyong barely pays attention to his classes and often just spaces out during lessons, the thought of a certain soccer player in his mind. Even the atmosphere in school felt empty without Yuta. The soccer team looked lacking without their captain by their side. Taeyong even heard from Ten that Hansol said that their practices contains most their teammates giving up during drills and are often scolded by their coach. Everyone kept asking about Yuta, about his whereabouts and why he suddenly left for god-knows how long.

 

Taeyong dryly chuckled in his mind. God, he never realizes how much Yuta has affected him. Just simply not seeing him at school is enough to leave an empty feeling in his stomach and everything just feels so different without the soccer captain. He truly misses him and he wishes that Yuta feels the same. Taeyong wishes that he's still on Yuta's mind constantly, thinking about his well-being because that's what Taeyong is feeling.

 

"Taeyongie,"

 

The said name looked up from his bed, seeing his best friend looking at him warily, a bowl of steaming hot soup in his hand.

 

Taeyong smiled. "Hey Ten."

 

"Here I made soup for you. Hopefully it's not that bad, Johnny helped me make it." Ten handed the bowl to Taeyong and that's when the other noticed another figure behind the Thai boy, looking at him with worried eyes.

 

"Thanks Tennie," Taeyong tried to flash a bright smile as he took the soup and placed it on the side table. He then waved to Johnny and flashed the basketball player a thankful smile for the food.

 

"So," Ten looked at Johnny and signalled the other to leave them alone. Johnny obeyed, closing the door softly and the Thai boy wasted no time to sit on Taeyong's bed, giving the other a pointed look.

 

Taeyong's brows furrowed. "What?"

 

Ten sighs before speaking. "God Taeyong, how long are you keeping this up?"

 

Taeyong bit his lip as he avoided looking at his best friend's eyes. All the memories from that night came crashing in his mind, all the words Yuta threw him and the way the soccer captain looked so damage. For some reason that image doesn't fail to make Taeyong tear up all over again. When Ten notices this, his eyes immediately softened as he hurriedly embraced his best friend in his arms, whispering comforting words to Taeyong's ears. The act only made Taeyong cry more and he can't help but feel like he's so helpless.

 

"I'm s-sorry Ten," Taeyong cried on his best friend's shoulder for the unknown time that week, feeling as if his heart is so difficult to lift. "I can't stop thinking about him Ten. I... I don't know what to do."

 

Taeyong felt his best friend caressed his back soothingly and felt himself being rocked back and forth by Ten in a gentle manner. "Shh, it's okay Tae. I understand. You'll be okay, Tae. I promise you."

 

When Ten had found him crying the night Yuta walked away from him, his best friend had been constantly around him, making sure that he's okay. The Thai boy would always make sure that he eats and are always there whenever Taeyong needs a shoulder to cry on. When the Thai boy insisted to tell him what had happened that night, Taeyong can only answer with a shake of his head, not wanting to tell Ten what happened. But soon after, Taeyong found himself spilling all his feelings and thoughts to the Thai boy and how much he wants to explain Yuta everything.

 

"Tae everything would be okay. When Yuta comes back from Japan, I'm sure that he would come find you himself. That little can't not be with you." The words from his best friend made Taeyong feel slightly better as he secretly smiled which didn't go unnoticed by Ten. "He loves you Taeyong. Yuta won't just give your relationship up over a simple message from your brother slash ex. He's cooling off. Give him time, Yongie." Ten finished as he patted Taeyong's head, smiling brightly.

 

Taeyong sighs but now his chest feels so much lighter and he feels like he can do anything just for Yuta. He realizes that he can't just mope around stuck in his room every day, waiting for something, anything from Yuta. He promised himself that as soon as Yuta stepped foot again in Korea, he would do anything to get him back.

 

Even if it costs him everything.

 

--

 

A month.

 

And yet no sign from Yuta.

 

Taeyong tries to think positive, that Yuta may be just busy taking care of their business in Japan but as each day goes on, he can feel all the hopes he had left leaving his body day after day. He's afraid that Yuta forgot about him, that the other might have found someone new and there he is, doing nothing but to constantly think about the soccer captain.

 

Taeyong sighs sadly as he walked down the school hallway and to the rooftop again to be alone once more. Every lunch since the day Yuta left, Taeyong had been spending his free time on the rooftop, away from everything and everyone. With only the wave of the wind accompanying him, he always feels relaxed and peaceful there. Like his mind can finally rest from everything. It's the only place that Taeyong can feel happy right now.

 

As he reached the rooftop, he quickly went over to the railing, sitting there to watch the view from above, his hair flying with the wind. Taeyong smiled at the peaceful feeling, closing his eyes as he felt his mind go blank in tranquility. Everything was still at that moment until he heard a sudden voice behind him.

 

"Relaxing, isn't it?"

 

Taeyong briskly opened his eyes, alarmed. He looked back behind him and saw Hansol standing there, looking at the sky with such a restful face that it made Taeyong compare the other to an innocent kid, enjoying how the wind dances around him.

 

Taeyong suddenly felt awkward. He doesn't know why whenever Hansol is around, he feels this kind of tension between them. Taeyong is not sure if he's the only one who feels this or if the other thinks the same way too.

 

Clearing his throat, Taeyong replied, "Yeah it is."

 

Hansol diverted his eyes to him suddenly. "How are you?" he asked which made Taeyong surprised at the worried look the other is giving him. "Have you contacted Yuta?"

 

Taeyong was about to ask how Hansol managed to know about what happened between them but closed his mouth when the other seemed to notice the question in his eyes. "He told me, Taeyong. After all I'm his best friend."

 

Taeyong nodded. "It's not true, Hansol. He misunderstood. I love him and I would never cheat on him."

 

"I know," Hansol looked right at Taeyong's eyes and Taeyong can see something flash on the other's eyes but it quickly faded away before Taeyong can decide what that was. "He loves you too Taeyong and every time I would talk to him, it's always you he's talking about. How much he misses you, how much he wants to call you and tell you he loves you and how much he wants to fly from Japan just to be with you." Hansol stopped speaking when he notices that Taeyong is almost close to tears but continued when the other urges him to go on. "When it comes to Yuta, it's always been about you, Taeyong."

 

Taeyong felt himself smile. "There's not a day that passed by without me thinking about him, Hansol. My system always wishes for him to be there with me but..." Taeyong turns around to wipe the upcoming tears away, not wanting for Hansol to see it. "I love him so damn much and I've been craving for his presence every single day." Taeyong laughed, dryly. "Pathetic, right?"

 

Hansol shook his head, his hand coming up to the other's face as he wiped the tear that fell from Taeyong's eyes, catching Taeyong off guard. "No, it's not pathetic Taeyong," Hansol's voice was soft, so mellow that it comforted Taeyong in some way. "I think it's beautiful that someone can love like that." Hansol flashed him a smile. "If it were me, I would not let someone like you go."

 

Taeyong blinked his eyes at the sudden closeness and he immediately stepped back, quickly brushing his hair away from his eyes. "Hansol, can I please talk to him?" Taeyong's voice has a hint of desperation but in that point, Taeyong doesn't care if he needs to beg the other to let him talk to Yuta. He needs to hear Yuta's voice because if he doesn't, Taeyong feels like he's close to losing his mind.

 

"Please, Hansol..." Taeyong pleaded again. "I need to talk to him, please."

 

Hansol stood there with a blank face, just simply looking straight through Taeyong's hopeless eyes. After a few seconds of silence, in Taeyong's surprise, Hansol handed his phone to Taeyong, putting a very wide smile on the other's face.

 

"Thank you so much Hansol!" Taeyong felt excitement surged through him at the thought of hearing Yuta's voice again. His hands are suddenly sweaty because of nervousness as he dialled Yuta's number.

 

"Just to let you know he might not answer considering he's busy these days..." Hansol said on the side.

 

Taeyong looked at him, smiling. "It's okay. This is enough,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter