Chase 3

Chasing Taebreeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a few days since the encounter with the soccer captain had happened and Taeyong actually felt that all the fuss about Yuta asking him out has almost died down. Finally, he can already see his life turning to normal once again. Taeyong could not be happier about it. He just hope that this progress will continue, well, for forever.

As a matter of fact, Taeyong rarely saw Yuta those past few days and could only guess it's because of the big soccer game they will have next weekend agains their rival school, making the whole soccer team practice twice as hard.

  Not that Taeyong was keeping schedule, not at all.   Neverthless, Taeyong is happy that everything is slowly turning into his normal life.   Well, almost.   Taeyong won't still admit the fact that whenever he steps into the hallway, there's at least one player of the soccer team nearby as if spying on him so he can go back to his captain and update him on what Taeyong was doing. Taeyong can only laugh on how ridiculous that is.

Well, it is Yuta we're talking about after all.

​Taeyong turned left, scanning his way through the sea of students going over their next classes as the bell rang, making Taeyong grimaced at the sound. As he was about to turn to his class, which is Criminology (he's interested in being in the law enforcement when he's older and be involved in criminal, forensic and private investigations), he spotted someone standing lazily in front of a row of lockers, his head moving through the students, waiting for someone.

Taeyong could only sigh, fastening  his pace and trying his best not to be seen. Heaving a sigh of relief when he was in front of the door of his class, he mentally laughed thinking he got through the last person he wants to see.

Haha, I guess luck is on my side today. Taeyong thought, smirking as he entered his class but not until he felt a grip on his wrist, turning him around.

Damn it, I guess not.

  "Hey, Tae. I missed you." Yuta whispered, his arm resting lazily next to Taeyong's head, on the row of lockers behind him."I didn't have time to see you, been busy with practise. I tried calling you though, you didn't answer."   Taeyong could see a wave of sadness on the other's eyes but it was quickly gone when he blinked. He could not help but feel a bit of guilt gnawing inside of him, yet he doesn't know why. It's true that he has been avoiding the other, even turning his phone off at times due to the other's non-stop calling but it's only because he's afraid of being attached.   Again.   Yet, Taeyong feels this fluttery feeling inside of him as he realized how close both of them are. Trying to snap out of it, he tried to formulate an answer, hands coming up to Yuta's chest to push him away gently.   "You don't need to explain yourself to me, it's not like I'm your boyfriend or something," When Yuta gave him a pointed look, Taeyong realized how stupid that sounded. After all, Yuta did ask him out and he rejected.   "That'll change soon enough," Yuta winked as the final bell rang, indicating that the students should be on their classes, making Taeyong's eyes widened.   ", I'm late!" he hurried away from Yuta but not before glaring at the smiling captain. "Thanks to a certain someone."   "Admit it Tae, you missed me too!" Yuta called out and Taeyong doesn't have time to answer as he walked back in his class, only to see his teacher glaring at him.   "Mr. Lee, you're late." his teacher called out from his lesson, making Taeyong visibly cringed at the sound. "Detention, after school. This is the fifth time you've been late in my class and I cannot have that again."

Taeyong weakly nodded. "Yes, sir."

As the teacher went on with his lesson, Taeyong's mind wandered, not clearly paying attention to what his teacher is blabbering about.

Damn you, Nakamoto Yuta. It's because of you I have detention. .

  ----   "Hey Ten, don't wait up for me after school, go home." Taeyong told his best friend as they walked towards Ten's locker, his
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter