Chase 15

Chasing Taebreeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyong felt a lump in his throat as he searched for the next words to say. Knowing that Yuta will be leaving him to go to his home country is enough to make him feel like a part of him will be leaving as well. Like the thought of Yuta's presence being gone makes Taeyong feel as if half of his heart will be taken from him. 

"H-how long?" Taeyong quietly said, his voice quiet like the presence of the wind.

"One month? Six months? I'm not sure Tae." Yuta eyed him downheartedly and Taeyong knew that the other is choosing his words carefully, being cautious about Taeyong's emotions.

Taeyong shut his eyes, trying not to show any sadness in his face but he guesses he failed when Yuta suddenly took his hand, peppering it with soft kisses as the soccer captain mumbled soft apologies. 

"I don't want to leave you Taeyong but I have to," Yuta tried to  throw Taeyong a comforting smile but it only made Taeyong's heart clench in pain. "My father...he's sick Taeyong, and I need to be there for him and also to look after our business."

Taeyong nodded his head in understanding, avoiding looking through Yuta's sad eyes. He knows that if he did, he will break down in tears right there and Taeyong was sure that Yuta will not leave if he does. Even though Taeyong doesn't want the other to leave, he can't be selfish and just keep the other locked in his arms. He understands the situation and Yuta needs to tend to his father and be there for him. Taeyong won't forbid Yuta for that. 

With a heavy heart, Taeyong smiled, trying not to make Yuta notice how hard the situation is for him. Taeyong nodded his head repeatedly, his eyes staring straight ahead and not looking to Yuta's desperate ones. 

"One month..." Taeyong let out a sad chuckle. "I think I can manage not seeing your face for that long." Taeyong joked, clearly hiding the sadness he is feeling. 

"Baby..." Yuta's voice was hushed, so delicately that it didn't fail to make Taeyong's heart beat faster in fondness. "Baby, please look at me. This is hard for me too, please." The soccer captain continued to place soft kisses on the other's hand and Taeyong can feel it being soaked with tears. Taeyong shut his eyes and he wants nothing but to retreat his hand back because he's afraid that if he doesn't, he would break down in tears too. He can't have that because he knows that if he cries, Yuta would not leave him. The thought only made Taeyong's heart squeeze.

Oh, all the things Yuta would do for him.

"Tae, I promise I'll come back before you know it," Yuta spoke in a low voice. "But if you don't want me to leave, tell me and I won't Tae. I love you and I can't leave knowing you're sad." 

Taeyong turned his head towards Yuta in surprise, clearly shocked at the other's confession. That was the very first time the soccer captain told him he loves him and Taeyong feels like it's the only thing he wants to hear. It made his heart leap and that was the last straw for his tears to finally flow. 

"Idiot, I'll be okay," Taeyong gave a smile, tears slowly running down both of their faces. Taeyong wiped away the soccer player's tears softly, assuring with his eyes that he's okay. That he would be okay. Taeyong knew how much the other is feeling torn, with his father sick and on top of that, leaving the person he loves for quite a time. Taeyong doesn't want to burden the other. He realizes he needs to give Yuta strength to face all the difficulties on his path, not to put more loads on the other's shoulders. 

"I can't stop you from seeing for your father, Yuta. After all, he's your father. I don't want to be selfish and only think about myself. You're my boyfriend and I need to be supportive of your decisions, not be a whiny boyfriend." Taeyong laughed at his own joke, not failing to put a small smile on the captain's face. "But you better come back to my arms, got it?"

Yuta didn't waste a second to nod his head like an obedient child, making Taeyong laugh. "Of course baby, as long as I come back with you still mine." 

"Good, that's my baby. I thought you well." Taeyong pinched the other's cheek playfully, wiping the traces of tears on Yuta's face. "You're such a cry baby, Yuta." 

"Yah, you cried too. We're both cry babies." Yuta nuzzled his head on Taeyong's shoulder comfortably, embracing him tightly. With a sad voice, Yuta said, "I'll miss you so damn much." 

Taeyong closed his eyes, feeling another lump in his throat forming. With a hushed voice, he replied, "I'll miss you too. So much." 

---

Yuta's flight to Japan is in one day and the the two has been spending all their time together. In school, in Taeyong's place or either go on dates like what normal couples do. Taeyong won't admit it but his heart still feels heavy like a brick at the thought of not being with Yuta for months. He had already decided to only think about positive thoughts but obviously failing. His best friend, Ten, has been c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter