Chase 13

Chasing Taebreeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Dedication: kpoplover435

thank u for the comments and upvotes for pre much all my stories lol. i appreaciate it :)

 

 

An awkward silence enveloped the whole room, creating an overwhelming sense of emptiness for everyone in the room. Taeyong doesn't understand why everyone was so quiet and all he could do was glance at each of them, pondering on what to say or do next. Before he could make a move,  the door opened, finally cutting the deafening silence encircling the room and revealing a man dressed in long, white coat and Taeyong assumes that it's Jaehyun's doctor.

"Good evening. I'm Dr. Kim," the doctor greeted, slightly bowing his head, with everyone doing the same. He diverted his eyes to Jaehyun as he sent a small smile his way. "How are you feeling, Jaehyun?"

Jaehyun shrugged, a grin marked on his face. "I guess I'm doing fine except for my head, it still hurts like hell."

The doctor nodded in understanding. "Yes, it will still hurt for a few days but you'll be alright. Your injuries aren't bad but I will still recommend you to take pain killers starting today. We've already contacted your parents and they're on their wa-"

As if on cue, the door opened once again and Jaehyun's parents came in and Taeyong immediately spotted the b tears on Jaehyun's mother's eyes. 

"Oh my god, Jaehyun?! Are you okay, son?  Your father and I were so worried!" Jaehyun's mother said, embracing her son in a tight hug. 

"I'm okay mom, you guys didn't have to go all the way here. It's nothing-"

Jaehyun's mother quickly hit her son on his shoulder, making Jaehyun yelp in pain. "Ow! Mom, what the hell?!"

"It's not nothing, Jaehyun! Oh my god, there's so many bruises on your arms!" she examined the purple wounds on Jaehyun's pale skin with a frown. "What are you even doing here in Seoul?! When we went to your apartment, Yukhei said you were gone!"

Taeyong's brows furrowed at the unfamiliar name. Who's Yukhei? Is he Jaehyun's boyfriend? Why are they even living together?

A dozen of scenarios flooded his mind and Taeyong doesn't understand why he's even making it such a big deal. 

"Mom, I told you I wanted to visit Taeyong." Jaehyun said.

Taeyong suddenly flinched at the sudden mention of his name. All the attention of everyone in the room was suddenly fixed on him and from the corner of his eyes, he can see the questioning looks Yuta was throwing  him. Before Taeyong could glare at his half brother, both Jaehyun's parents turned to him, a mix of surprise and horror marked on their faces. 

Taeyong wanted to laugh at how ridiculous their reactions were but he can't find himself to because of how serious the situation is. So he ended up giving them a crooked smile. 

And Taeyong hated how force his smile was.

"O-oh Taeyong, we didn't see you there." Jaehyun's mother awkwardly laughed, clearly not knowing on how to act around Taeyong. 

"Good afternoon," Taeyong bowed. "It's nice to see you again." 

Jaehyun's father spoke this time. "Nice too see you too, Taeyong. How have you been?" His eyes then darted to the ones behind Taeyong. "And who are they? Your friends?"

"M' fine," Taeyong mumbled as he turned around to Yuta, Ten, Hansol and Chanyeol and he can see that they're uncomfortable with the situation. Taeyong threw them a sorry look as he introduced all of them quickly, wanting to end it fast because he just wants to get out of there too. 

After introducing almost everyone to Jaehyun's parents, Taeyong let out a sigh of relief. When his eyes landed to his boyfriend waiting to be introduced, Taeyong can feel himself blushing at the intense gaze Yuta was throwing him. Taeyong knows that Yuta is expecting him to introduce him as his boyfriend and for some reason, the sly smirk that is currently marked on the soccer player's face makes Taeyong flush even more.

Taeyong cleared his throat awkwardly. "And erm, this is Yuta," He motioned towards the soccer player shyly and Taeyong tried to ignore the bubbling feelings in his stomach as he spoke the next words. "He's my boyfriend."

 Jaehyun's parents let out a sigh of relief and Taeyong knew that all their doubts about Jaehyun and him getting together is gone now. Taeyong spared Yuta a look and he can see that the smirk was long gone and are replaced with a small, yet proud smile. 

"That's right, baby," Yuta whispered on Taeyong's ear as he took his hand and intertwining theirs together. "Hearing you introduce me like that makes me wanna jump in joy."

Taeyong can feel his cheeks getting warmer as he slightly pushed Yuta away from him.  "Quit it, Nakamoto."

Taeyong glanced towards Jaehyun's parents and was thankful to see that their attention wasn't on them but to Jaehyun. Speaking of Jaehyun, Taeyong noticed the slight frown on his face as he stared at Taeyong and Yuta, his eyes boring holes on the intertwined hands of the couple. Taeyong tried not to squirm at the gaze as he looked away from his half brother, silently praying that Jaehyun will stop staring. 

"Baby, there's a party for the soccer team later. Do you want to go or just stay home?" Yuta asked softly to his ear and Taeyong can feel the warmness radiating from his boyfriend because of how close they are.

"Go, Yuta. Your the captain, of course you need to go." Taeyong said.

Yuta frowned. "Won't be fun without you. It's either you come with me or I'm staying the night with you."

"Aww, you two are disgustingly sweet. I think I'm gonna puke." Taeyong heard Ten cooed on the side.

"Ten, shut up." Taeyong scowled before throwing his boyfriend a look. "Fine, I'll come with you considering I didn't get to come to your game."

Yuta glowered at the tone of Taeyong's voice. It was full of regret and sadness and Yuta doesn't understand why Taeyong is still feeling bad about not coming to his game when Yuta already assured that it was no big deal. Plus, there will be next time anyway.

"Baby, stop feeling bad about not coming. I understand why you didn't and I'm not mad at you." Yuta faced Taeyong as he caressed the other's cheek tenderly. "Stop frowning babe, you'd get wrinkles."

"Why you-" Taeyong was about to say more but the sound of someone clearing their throat stopped him from doing so. He looked around the room and was stunned to see that everyone is currently staring at the both of them, a small smile on their faces, well, except for Jaehyun who was surprisingly wearing a rather dark look. It confuses Taeyong because didn't Jaehyun say he'll finally let him go?

"You love birds, that's enough." Ten interrupted, his face full

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter