Getting The Mission Underway

Agency

Jaejoong walked over to Hyun Jae's desk after the meeting ended. "Congratulations on your big mission," he smiled at her. She frowned. "What's wrong?"

"I have to play the part of Hyun Joong's wife. For all I know he's been planning some crazy revenge because he thinks I wanted to get him killed on that last mission."

"No, I would know if he was planning one," he assured her.

At that moment Changmin walked in with a small vase filled with flowers in hand. " Hyun Jae, this was over there, but it's for you." He handed her the vase carefully.

"Yah, was that the one on my desk?" Jaejoong whispered to him. Changmin nodded innocently.

"Congrats on your marriage. Why wasn't I invited to the wedding?" She read the card and saw a cute drawing in the corner. "Very funny Jaejoong. I'm telling you, it's going to be like one of those murder mysteries."

"The ones where the husband kills his wife?" Changmin asked, not fully aware of the topic of their conversation.

"Yah, why are you still here?" Jaejoong looked at him. He gave a funny nod towards the door and Changmin said "Oh" and abruptly walked away.

"If you want, I can try to convince the boss to let me be the husband," Jaejoong leaned over her desk.

Her heart beat a little faster when she understood what he was trying to do. "If you can convince him." Wait, she thought, was I suppose to say that out loud?

"Only been married for five minutes and you've already found yourself another man," a voice came from the door.

Jaejoong turned around to face Hyun Joong. "I'm sorry hyung, but your wife and I are having an affair," he joked, taking her hand into both of his and holding it to his heart before giving it a soft kiss.

"I see," Hyung Joon looked at Jaejoong with one brow raised, then he turned to Hyun Jae. "I talked to the boss about the arrangement, he said it's you and me." He turned to Jaejoong again. "But don't worry. We'll end the marriage fast, then you can have her." He walked out of the room leaving her to sink into her chair. I hope that means he's got my back on this mission.

It took three days of tracking the buyer group and preparing the documents for their undercover identities before Hyun Jae and Hyung Joon were on their way to Las Vegas. Team DBSK and team SS501 were going to arrive later as trackers and backup for them in this mission.

They were staying in the same hotel as the buyers, who were vacationing with their wives. Their cover was a young couple trying to get into the business world and they were expected to become close to the suspects, somehow.

When they checked into their hotel room Hyun Jae took note of the fact that there was only one bed. "Ummm boss, are you sure you didn't make a mistake with the room?"

"No," Leeteuk sounded surprised, "you've done this kind of mission before, you know how it works."

"Don't worry," Hyun Joong turned to her and made a mischievous face, "I don't bite.......much."

Through the ear buds Hyun Jae heard Jaejoong laugh from the stake out car parked in front of the hotel. "Yah, Jaejoong, what's so funny?!"

"Nothing," he cleared his throat and stopped his chuckles, "I mean nothing."

Hyun Jae unpacked her things next to all of Hyun Joong's things, which made her shiver at the thought of sharing a living space with the one who possibly hated her the most. This was going to be a long day.

The buyers had not yet checked in, but they were scheduled to show up in the upcoming two days. Today was the day Hyun Jae and Hyun Joong had to build their covers and learn to act natural. They traveled around Vegas pretending to be a happy young married couple, but it seemed awkward holding hands and linking arms. It had been easier to pretend with Eunhyuk back in New York.

Finally it was time to go bed. Leeteuk was the only one left at headquarters working in some paperwork late into the night. Hyun Jae and Hyun Joong placed their ear buds and speakers into a hidden section they had built into one of the drawers. Hyun Jae set up cameras around the room.

"I'll sleep on the couch," she told him when she was done.

"No, what kind of fake husband would I be if I let my fake wife sleep on the couch? I'll sleep on the couch." He stubbornly joked with her until at last she let him win. He walked over to the couch and prepared it for the night while Hyun Jae went to the bathroom to change into her pajamas. When she walked back into the room, Hyun Joong wasn't wearing anything. She quickly closed her eyes and turned around.

"I-I'm sorry," she stuttered, "I'll come back when you're done."

"I am done," he told her in an annoyed manner. She heard him get under the blankets before he went on to say, "You can turn around now."

Hyun Jae turned and ran into the bed. Hyun Joong looked up from the couch raising one brow. "Is something wrong?"

"No no," her cheeks heated up, "it's just I....well I-"

"Never slept with a man before," he said with a devious grin.

"I'm not sleeping with you now either."

"Technically, we are sleeping in the same room."

"Whatever you say." She looked out of the  ceiling to floor window and spotted Jaejoong walking into the hotel across the street with five cups of coffee. His whole team was staying there so that they could watch the buyers thoroughly throughout their stay.

After a while, she noticed him pointing binoculars at her window from his room. She smiled at him making him wave and gesture for her to go to sleep. At least I know he's got my back, Hyun Jae thought settling her head into the soft pillow.