The Plan

Agency

At last, it was time for Joon to head out. He had been keeping his eyes on Lee all afternoon, which had been very unproductive since Lee was afraid of stepping foot outside, but his wife finally convinced him that it was safe. So Joon put on his chunky coat that shielded his guns from view. He put on his hat and slipped into his shoes before slipping through the door.

The sun shone over the buildings, traffic and crowds unprotected by clouds. Lee was stumbling in and out of shops, clearly feeling exposed and vulnerable. Joon sighed. He's being so painfully obvious. He shook his head and passed the suspect as they crossed the street, realizing he had a hint of alcohol stuck on his clothes. The suspect's voice was croaking as he asked those around him for change. It was apparent that he felt unnerved and was in panic.

When a kind pedestrian gave Lee some money Joon followed him to a cheap liquor store and waited outside behind a group of tourists. The agent was slowly losing his patience with the suspect; he didn't know why what he was about to do was necessary, but when boss gave orders, they followed them. Moments later Lee emerged with two tall bottles, one in each hand. What is he doing? Joon wondered.

A few blocks down was a vacant construction site tucked away from heavy traffic. The suspect wobbled over to a cab and crawled inside, being driven towards it. Joon cursed under his breath, already pressing numbers on his phone.

"Hello?" He waited for a reply from the other line. "Yeah, he got into a cab. Is Hyung Joon still following him by car?"

A dark blue car stalled by the curb, all four windows tinted and closed. Joon stepped in with a heavy sigh.

"He must be going insane," he informed the other passengers, "he keeps drinking."

"And you're going to put him out of his misery?" Jaejoong scoffed.

Joon glared at him through the rearview mirror causing Jaejoong to lock eyes from the front seat. "I'm carrying out my orders exactly how I was told to. It's my job just as much as your's."

"Still," Changmin added, "is it really necessary? I mean, boss isn't the type to order killings."

Yunho stopped the car after Lee exited his cab. They were across the street watching him stumble into the construction site, obviously unable to take on the effects of liquor. Suddenly, Yunho turned around to face Joon, who was already preparing to finish his job. "If you're really going to do this just be aware that this will rest in your conscience," he reminded his friend a bit sternly, "and you know you're not a killer."

Despite the unsettling urge to speak up for himself, Joon bit his tongue, literally. Nodding just as sternly, he left them and didn't bother to conceal himself as he walked straight to the suspect. He heard their car ease away, but he knew they would still keep all eyes on him.

Lee was sprawled by stacks of wooden planks, conscious, but incoherent. Joon sighed and looked around at the otherwise vacant area. He pulled out his gun, about to shoot, when voices boomed from the buildings around him.

"Drop your weapon!"

"Step away from the man!"

"I said drop it!"

Before the figures stepped any closer, billows of smoke spread as a barrier between Joon and the loud men. Regardless of the lack of vision, shots were fired forcing Joon to drop to the ground. His right hand clutched Lee's collar as he quickly crawled to safety.

Back at the site, two groups blindly searched for one another. As the smoke screen began to die out, team SS501 faced their new problem. The faces were quite familiar, but that didn't ease the situation.

"You guys again?" One of the men shouted in disbelief.

"Why hello to you too. So nice to see you again," Jung Min smiled sarcastically, "now what are you all doing here?"

"That's classified. What are you here for?" The one with a deeper voice replied.

"Sorry," Hyung Joon stepped up, "that's classified."

"None of that matters," said the taller man, "you let him escape! Both of them!"

"Well I doubt they went too far since Jiyong probably put a dozen holes in each of them," Jung Min growled as he led his teammates to their car.

"Just try not to get in our way," The shorter one shouted behind them, then turned to his own teammates, "they're definitely going to get in the way."

"This must mean they know about the double agent and the missing program from Interpol as well. Agent Top, contact agent Daesung and fill him in," the tall one instructed.

They walked away from the site, not knowing what had just happened.

XXXXXX

Joon turned to his laptop tentatively. He felt relieved that his plan had worked almost perfectly. Lee was unharmed, but everyone would assume he was dead. The FBI agents didn't know how much he had counted on them to stalk Lee and appear when they did, which made him smirk.

"Is he alive?" A voice questioned from the feed.

"Yes, boss, just like you wanted. No one suspects anything. The FBI doesn't know it was me and both of our teams believed I was really going to kill him."

"Perfect. Which group did the Americans send?" Leeteuk's voice sounded amused.

"Same guys as last time," said Joon, raising a brow.

"I see. Hopefully they don't interfere with our mission. Just in case, I think it would be safer to bring Lee to headquarters immediately," Leeteuk ordered, "and Joon? This stays between us for now. Got it?"

He nodded at the screen obediently. He knew the others would pester him about it, but orders were orders. The connection went down, leaving the room to be engulfed by the last of a sunset's beams. For now, his job was done.

 


Hi everyone!!!!!! Long time no read ;) Again, thank you for your support, it really is keeping me here and continuing this story. If you all weren't reading I would've probably stopped writing this by now, so thank you =3

If there's any mistakes or if you don't like how it's going and have an ideas, please leave a comment^^ It will be greatly appreciated!!!