What He Shouldn't Have Done

Agency

Team DBSK arrived at the hotel late into the night. Jaejoong sat on his bed removing his shoes as he watched Yunho and Yoochun do the same. Then, they walked over to Changmin and Junsu, who had collapsed on their beds, and took off their shoes, ear buds, and mics. Tired, Jaejoong walked into the living room alone while texting Hyun Joong.

What do you think you were doing?!

He waited impatiently for a reply. The kiss has been replaying in his mind for the last two hours. At the time, he wanted to walk across the room and punch Hyun Joong as hard as he could, but knew that would jeopardize the entire mission.

Finally, the reply arrived. I was just acting. It was nothing.

As long as it really was just an act he guessed he'd have to  accept that. He looked into their room and saw her walk out of the bathroom in an oversized shirt. In only an oversized shirt. He took note of Hyun Joong's glare at her as she climbed into bed and caught a glimpse of something. Jaejoong sighed in relief. She was wearing shorts. Then Hyun Joong followed her into bed, staying on his side.

For a while, Jaejoong watched them fall asleep. She didn't hug him or anything tonight, and he stayed on his side. It calmed him down.  Nothing happened, it was all fake. He had nothing to worry about. Walking into the kitchen Jaejoong drank a glass of water before going to bed. He smiled at himself for worrying and pulled the blanket over his shoulders.

Back at the Agency headquarters one of the computers at the office had malfunctioned when someone had dropped hot liquid onto it. Seungho had asked Thunder and Dongwoon to stay and help fix it. All the while, Leeteuk was in his office filling out some papers when he heard noises coming from the other side of his closed door. He thought he'd been alone tonight.

"Hello?" He called out.

Dongwoon opened the door and stuck his head into the room. "You called boss?"

"I thought everybody went home already. What are you still doing here?" He asked informally.

"Seungho needed help fixing a computer so Thunder and I stayed to help," Dongwoon answered.

"A computer?" Leeteuk walked out of his office and spotted Seungho and Thunder. He stood in front of the desk looking down on the wires and chips laid by a computer's skeleton. "What happened to it?" He was hoping it wouldn't have to be replaced.

"Onew accidentally spilled his tea on it when we were watching the teams at the club," Seungho answered not wanting to explain that Onew had done so because he'd been in shock after seeing what happened. Everyone secretly knew that Jaejoong liked Hyun Jae, he was always with her, so when team Shinee and team MBLAQ were on surveillance duty tonight and saw Hyun Joong kiss her they were in complete stupor.

"Does it need to be replaced?" Leeteuk asked.

"No, we can take care of this," Seungho replied while examining the pieces on the desk. He felt a bit uneasy having his boss watch him repair the device, but after a couple of minutes he had cleaned any tea residue and let the computer dry. The drive had been saved and he put it all back together again, but when he turned the computer on it was frozen on one image. "Hmmm." Seungho tried to think of what could have happened to make it freeze.

"Is something wrong?"Leeteuk walked around the desk and stood beside Thunder. He tried to look over Seungho who was blocking the screen, but he couldn't.

"It's just frozen," Seungho said pressing some buttons, "I'll have it fixed in a few minutes and we'll be heading out."

"Alright. I'll be in my office." He walked back leaving his door open and turned his computer on. He hadn't been here to watch the entire event at the club because he had had to visit his sister. He all the views: Jaejoong's button camera, Hyun Joong's collar camera, Yoochun's and Yunho's cross necklace cameras, Hyun Jae's earring camera, and the cameras in both hotel rooms. He sat there examining every little thing that happened. He saw Jaejoong walking to a door then shortly followed by Hyun Jae. Leeteuk remembered calling Jaejoong to tell him that the buying group knew they had the seller. Once she went back to the private booth she and Hyun Joong went to dance. He felt slightly annoyed of him breathing down her neck until he saw Hyun Joong's lips twitch and she spoke. Maybe he was talking to her.

He sipped his coffee and looked at the hotel rooms. Empty. He finished his drink and swiftly threw the paper cup away. When he returned to the screen he did a double take. His eyes were fixated on what he was watching. His jaw had dropped at the sight of it. A kiss. He could tell Hyun Joong was acting because through the corners of his eyes he was watching something or someone.

Thoughts were creeping into his mind. He knew what was happening was just a show. He'd seen it before, with quite a few agents. Before he was the boss he had performed the same shows, back when his father was in charge, but this was different. He thought Hyun Joong hated her enough to be too repulsed to do anything to her, but that didn't seem to be holding him back, at all.

There was a memory playing like a broken record in the back of his head.  It pained him, yet made his heart skip a beat. She would never do anything reckless like Hyun Joong. Leeteuk trusted her.

Leeteuk was working with Hyun Jae on a new case. They were watching Hyun Joong and CL distracting a woman as team 2NE1 snuck into the woman's apartment one block away. Leeteuk was nervously glancing at Hyun Jae every now and then. He laughed as Eunhyuk did a strange eyebrow trick and went out to buy them lunch. They were on the couch, alone. He took advantage of the moment and turned to her.

"Hyun Jae, I have something I want to ask you." His heart was beating loudly. Leeteuk bit his lip nervously.

She stopped working on her report for the mission and looked him square in the eyes. "Yes?" She noticed him biting his lips with a look of anticipation in his eyes. "What is it?" 

He took  a deep breath. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He watched the surprise look grow on her face, thinking the worst until she answered him.

"Yes." She smiled sweetly at him. Now it was his turn to be surprised. He sat there for a moment letting it sink in. He'd been wanting to ask her for a while, though he knew he shouldn't, and he couldn't believe she said yes.

He leaned over and hugged her. She let out a small laugh and looked up at him. Their eyes met. He leaned in slowly, giving her time to turn away if she wanted, but she didn't. He pressed his lips on hers running his thumb over her cheek. Then, the door burst open. They pulled away quickly, but whoever it was already saw what they were up to.

"I forgot my wallet," Eunhyuk said with a dorky smile that stretched from ear to ear. He grabbed his wallet on the coffee table and headed to the front door. "You kids behave while I'm gone." He winked and shut the door.

Leeteuk scooted closer and wrapped an arm around her waist. She leaned her head on his chest lacing their fingers as he pecked the top of her head smiling to himself.