Mishaps

Agency

Three days had passed when Leeteuk sat at his desk. Turning on his laptop he waited for it to load as Key and Minho walked in through the door. Key was holding some papers he thought he'd ask to sign and Minho...he wasn't actually sure what Minho was in his office for.

"Boss, are you busy?" Key asked. Without waiting for an answer he walked over to the desk. Their employer realized that both of them had their guns around on their waists.

"I'm free. What is it?" The man tried to sound friendly, but his words came out stricter than intended. "Something I can help you with?"

Minho sighed and crossed his arms. "We have new information about the last case Jaejoong and-" he cleared his throat before continuing "-and Hyun Jae were working on together."

"We didn't put the wrong person in prison." Leeteuk knew they hadn't. He'd worked night and day to save his teams from that maniac, it was improbable that he had captured the wrong one.

"No, it wasn't that," Key bit his lip, "the creep from that mission is cousins with one of the men in the group of suspects in this mission."

He was watching his boss, calculating his reaction. Of course the eldest tried to not show any shock, but Key's eyes narrowed anyway. Then, Minho answered the question Leeteuk was about to ask. "Gong Jaesung. He didn't find out about his cousin until after the mission was completed because he wasn't in the country at the time. But now he knows we put his cousin behind bars."

"As long as we stay undercover, there's no problem," the man told them.

"Obviously. That's not what we're here for." Key placed the papers on the desk. "These are some  documents you might want to go through. I found these over the last few days. They're calls Gong Jaesung made to the prison."

They left the office and closed the door behind them leaving their boss to stare at the slim stack of papers. He sipped his coffee and the connection to the cameras. After overseeing that all was well and normal, he reviewed the conversations that Key and Minho had dropped by. 

Learning of a link between the cases caused a tinge of chaotic worries to stream through his mind, but he tried hard to get over it. The criminal they'd captured then was one of the worst they ever chased. Leeteuk had just been doing his job, like everyone else, but any mistakes or, worse, deaths would be his responsibility. He knew all the teams well and the last thing anyone would risk was serious damage to any members, which had made the threat even more urgent. Now, a link appearing was practically a nightmare staring him in the face.

Finally, he pulled himself out of his thoughts and scanned his laptop screen. The movement from the feed struck a nerve in him.

****

Hyun Joong was preparing to spend the day alone as he packed a few things needed to spy on the group. He walked over to the door looking around to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything, when the door suddenly swung open. With a painful slam on the nose Hyun Joong backed into the wall. Hyun Jae rushed into the room shortly taking notice of the blood oozing out of her partner's nostril.

"Yah! Can't you ever be careful?" Hyun Joong shouted in annoyance.

"If you were standing at the door you could have moved out of the way when you saw it open," she retorted making her way into the kitchen for tissues to stop the bleeding.

"I didn't see it open."

"Then be more careful next time," Hyun Jae said.

She was about to wipe the blood off his upper lip when he roughly grabbed her wrist and slammed her back against the door. His eyes pierced through her, but she made sure her expression didn't change. Hyun Jae was getting tired of his games. It's times like these that make me question why I bothered to save him, she told herself.

"It may have been my fault now, but I am careful," his voice seared as he spoke, "I'm always careful because I know what I'm doing. You're the  screw up."

"I'm not a screw up." She glared right back at him. Her hand carelessly shoved his shoulder out of the way giving her space to put distance between them. Just as she was going to step around him, his hand landed on her shoulder, but before he could open his mouth to utter another insult a voice simultaneously rung in their ears.

"What's going on?" Leeteuk questioned them strictly.

Hyun Joong turned his body towards the nearest camera causing Leeteuk to feel shocked and content at the sight of his bleeding nose. "Nothing. Miss Perfect just slammed the door in my face, being as careless as ever."

The shock wore off, but the contentment in the man grew a little. After seeing Hyun Joong dangerously close to her and putting his hands on her the way he had Leeteuk was satisfied at the reason for the injury. Although, there was the part of him that knew it was nothing to be happy about. He had to stay professional.

Hyun Joong knew that boss favorited Hyun Jae; his father paid a lot of attention to her too, but Leeteuk was a different case. Hyun Joong would always see the three of them around the office together and when it wasn't Leeteuk's father, it was someone from his team. He was protective of her. Hyun Joong smirked.

It was nothing, Leeteuk repeated to himself. From experience he knew she could take care of herself. She was a  trained agent  after all and she wasn't the type to prank or harm others on purpose. A thought ran through his mind, one that made the rest of the world disappear from his eyes for a moment. He regretted his decision for some time now, but he hoped she would understand by now.

"It's a surprise so keep your eyes closed," a younger Leeteuk said with a big grin that seemed to have made dimple grow bigger. He picked her up in his arms and carried her onto the roof. It wasn't very late and she was the only one from work that had arrived now. He carefully put her down into the chair he had set for her. "You can open your eyes now."

She looked around in amazement. The stars were shining clearly above the couple and the only lights nearby were from the candles on the table. "It's so beautiful. I love it." She walked up to him and embraced him.

Sweetly, he lifted her head and looked into her eyes. "Hyun Jae," he looked at her so close to him, he couldn't help himself. He abruptly pushed her against the wall of the stairwell and took a step closer to her. She opened to say something, but he didn't give her time. His lips were tracing the shape of her's in an instant. She was surprised for a moment, but when she relaxed she wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling how warm he was despite the soft chill in the air. Leeteuk pushed closer to her and she gasped making him hold on tighter and deepened the kiss not minding her hands running through his hair.

"Leeteuk," she said his name moving her lips over his. He slid a hands onto her back and that's when she pulled away looking scared.

"I wasn't going to do anything," he assured her with a slight chuckle. It calmed her down a little, but she looked away blushing, "I wasn't going to, that's not why I brought you here."

Before he could tell her the reason Eunhyuk opened the door and turned around to see them together. His knowing smile spread out on his face and his eyebrow raised. "So, what are you two doing up here all by yourselves?"

She looked down and Leeteuk held her cheek against his chest. "Are you the only one here?" He asked his teammate.

"You wish. There's our team, and team DBSK. The others are on their way," he answered eyeing the two. He mouthed the words 'you love her' with a serious expression crossing his eyes. It was just then Leeteuk realized just how right his friend was, even though that was the reason he had brought her up. "Come down before your father finds you."

They walked downstairs and greeted everyone who had arrived so far. Leeteuk talked with Eunhyuk, Yunho and Jaejoong about their last mission when he spotted Jaejoong glancing over at Hyun Jae. A burning sensation filled his chest and he became angry from the way he looked at her, but Leeteuk simply turned away.

"Leeteuk, is something wrong?" Yunho asked seeing the uncomfortable expression he had.

He shook his head, smiling slightly, "Not at all." Then he saw Jaejoong's eyes following someone across the room. This time all four of them noticed. It was her again walking behind them to greet team 2NE1.

"What's wrong?" He was trying to keep any emotion from reflecting in his voice.

"Nothing," Jaejoong replied shaking his head innocently.

"Hyung, do you like her?"Yunho smiled teasingly.

"I...I keep having these feelings." He looked down a bit embarrassed. "I think I love her."

Eunhyuk's gaze darted from Jaejoong to Leeteuk. Then, he pursed his lips watching Hyun Jae pass by with CL. Jaejoong shyly did the same. Yunho smiled shaking his head, and looked into his cup as if amused by his teammate's confession all while Leeteuk felt his heart sink. He felt it drop to the pit of his stomach. He didn't know whether to be angry or happy or hurt. After all, they were friends. They'd been through so much together; he should be happy one of his friends found love, but she was off limits, not that anyone other than Eunhyuk knew. And the look in Jaejoong's eyes was making him burn inside. How could he fix this?