Up To Something

Agency

Jaejoong walked out of the bathroom in jeans drying his hair as he unexpectedly heard yelling in the living room. He paid no attention to it until there was a familiar voice that was obviously out of place. What is he doing here? He walked into the living room as he slipped on a shirt. Staring at his teammates and team SS501, except for Hyun Joong and Jung Min, he joined everyone who surrounded the guest.

"I could have just carried out my orders if it wasn't for Yunho," the guest said in a raised voice.

"What else did boss tell you?" Yunho's furious tone startled Jaejoong.

"Yah, what's going on? And what is Joon doing here?" He spoke up.

"We found him chasing Lee," Yunho huffed and explained the details to him leaving him to gawk at Joon.

Joon cleared his throat awkwardly and began his explanation. "Boss said he found out the group suspected Lee of working with us. They were meeting today possibly to kill him, so boss said we had to get to him first. It's a scare tactic. The group will be even more careful afterwards, but with Hyun Joong and Hyun Jae close to them we could still manage this case without any serious problems."

"And how did boss find that out?" Hyung Joon asked.

"He said from 'a reliable source'." Joon looked then all in the eyes with a steady gaze. They all knew this was something Leeteuk wouldn't normally say. He had been one of them before he took his father's position in the Agency. He treated everyone as a friend even after he became the boss. He explained every detail of a case with them before to assure that they were all well informed, but this was suspicious. They were all so certain of it now. Leetuk was hiding something.

Hyun Jae was talking to CL to catch up on the progress they had made on the case back at the office when they heard the hotel door slam.

"Uh oh," CL smirked, "someone hasn't been keeping her husband happy." She laughed at her own joke leading to Hyun Jae rolling her eyes.

Hyun Joong asked her to call Seungho over. Confused, she waved her hand calling his name and Seungho walked over. She told him Hyun Joong wanted to talk so he grabbed a chair and sat beside her.

"What is your teammate doing here ruining our case?" Hyun Joong angrily glared at MBLAQ's leader. This made all three of them look at him in confusion.

"That's impossible. My team is all here," Seungho assured him.

"Except for Joon," G.O's voice announced off camera, "he left a note saying he was running an errand for Leeteuk."

Everyone turned to Hyun Joong for an explanation, but all he said was "Well, he's under your orders too. Don't you know what he's up to?"

"Yes, but I didn't even know boss gave him orders. Neither of them mentioned anything to me." Seungho stood up abruptly and walked off camera as G.O took his seat with wide eyes.

"He's going to talk to boss to straighten everything out," G.O reassured them.

They turned to Hyun Joong who stood up and started pacing back and forth. It became awkwardly silent waiting for an explanation from Hyun Joong or for Seungho to return. Then, finally, Hyun Joong sat back down and started to explain what had kindled his exasperation.

"That doesn't sound like Leeteuk," Hyun Jae shook her head, "he would have at least told Seungho and our teams before informing Joon."

G.O and CL exchanged looks before G.O spoke up. "Well, he has been acting strange lately. He leaves without telling anyone, he won't answer our calls, and he locks himself in his office most of the time."

"Yea, and I don't think he's been eating or taking care of himself lately. He was sick a few days ago. It was unusual," CL added looking worried.

Leeteuk never fell ill. Everyone had always envied him for that when every winter he was the only one who would never come to the office sneezing or coughing. They began to wonder what could have happened to Leeteuk that would make him act in such a way when Seungho returned huffing and muttering under his breath.

"What did he say?" Hyun Joong asked immediately.

"All he said was that it was his business. I tried to get him to elaborate, but all he said was he had received a tip from a reliable source and it was necessary," Seungho sat at the desk and rubbed his forehead in frustration, "I don't know what's happened to him lately, but he's changed."

Hyun Jae tried to contact Hyun Joong's team and team DBSK. They learned Joon's response was not too different from Leeteuk's. Everyone stood still uncomfortably, all thinking the same thing. Leeteuk was definitely hiding something.

While they worried about their agency's leader he sat in a private room busy in a personal meeting.

"Lee is still alive," the man with the sadistic looking clown mask announced through the screen, "I saw your killer get run down by someone, maybe an agent?"

"I heard what happened," Leeteuk nodded, "but next time he won't run into trouble."

The masked men looked at him through the camera and bowed their heads slightly. They knew better than to question him.

"Ah and there is one more thing," added the man with horns, "we have reason to believe that the FBI has now caught on and sent their agents on our tail as well. Make sure your killer doesn't get mixed up with them either."

"The FBI? They'll never catch him." Leeteuk chuckled. The men took his words for it and didn't press on, so he turned off the signal watching the screen turn to static. He sighed and his body slumped into a chair close by. For the most part, his plan seemed to be working, except for some minor adjustments, but having the FBI around? He knew they would get in his way.


Annyeong!!! The FBI is now involved >.< In the comments leave a suggestion, who would you like the FBI agents to be ;)