A Message for You

Heaven Sent

 

“Hahaha! I win slow poke! So I’m sorry I won’t tell you”, Yoseob said sticking his tongue out.

You came huffing and puffing behind him. “Aish! I hate you!”

“Don’t worry __-ah, you’ll know soon”, Yoseob said, ruffling your hair. You removed his hand and sat on the bench in the waiting shed crossing your arms.

Yoseob sat beside and beg you not to be angry anymore. He pokes you here and there and does his best aegyo but you ignored him instead and put on your headphones to listen to some music. It was already dark and it was time for dinner when the two of you came at the bus station. You haven’t eaten anything since lunch and soon you heard your stomach growling. Yoseob was hungry as well. You heard each others’ growling stomach and laughed.

“Wait here okay? I’ll look for food”, Yoseob said. You nodded and continued to listen to some music while you wait for the bus to arrive. Yoseob stood up and saw an ahjumma selling ddukbokki and odeng.

“Would you want to eat ddukbokki again?” Yoseob asked.

You remembered your date that morning and suddenly blushed. ‘Yoseob might feed me the ddukbokki that way again.’ You thought.

“But we just had ddukbokki this morning”, you complained.

“Hmmm, you got a point there. Then I’ll just buy odeng.” Yoseob left you for a while to buy odeng.

‘Whew~’ you said and sighed in relief.  Yoseob came back with two odeng in his hand. He handed you the other one as he sits down beside you. You both eat the warm and delicious odeng. You finished eating and the bus soon arrived. You stretched here and there and waited for some passengers to come down.

“At last we’re going home! I’m so tired and all I want to be with is my bed”, you said with a big smile on your face.

“Hey, are you still mad at me?” Yoseob said.

“Hmm, I’m not really mad at you. It’s just I’m a bit irritated with your behavior”, you said. “Why won’t you just tell me what you really feel?”

“It’s not yet the right time to say it”, Yoseob replied.

“Aish!” You pushed Yoseob and board the bus.

“Ya! Wait for me!” You sat two seats away from the driver’s seat and Yoseob sat beside you.

“___-ah, don’t get mad again. I’ll tell you soon. I promise”, Yoseob said, poking your ribs.

“Really?” You asked. Yoseob nodded and said “Promise!”

You smiled at him and rested your head in his shoulder. Yoseob was surprised with your sudden display of affection. He felt his heart flutter with your gesture. He smiled and rested his head on yours. Yoseob blushed and his heart beat faster when you held his hand.

“Hey, Yoseob-ah”, you said.

“Hmm?” Yoseob asked.

“Sorry if I was a bit rude to you earlier”, you said.

Yoseob looked at you and said, “It’s okay, you don’t have to say sorry” and ruffled your hair. You looked at him, smiled and rested your head on his shoulders again.

“But you know what, I really enjoyed our date. Thanks for making me happy and for helping me move on”, you said. Yoseob squeezed your hand. “I’m glad you enjoyed it.”

“I hope we can have more dates like that!” you exclaimed. The smile on Yoseob’s face faded. Yoseob did not know what to say. He swallowed hard and in the end said, “S-sure why not”.

“I can’t wait!” you exclaimed. You close your eyes as you continue to rest your head on Yoseob’s shoulder. “Um, Yoseob?”

“Yes?” Yoseob asked.

“Will you always stay by my side and never leave me?” you asked. Yoseob sat there frozen that it took for him a long time to reply.

“Yoseob?” you asked again.

“Ugh s-sure!”

“Really? Thank you!” you exclaimed and hugged Yoseob. Yoseob on the other hand tried his best to smile but he couldn’t.

‘I’m glad I was able to meet Yoseob. I don’t know what to do without him’, you thought. “I love you, Yoseob,” you said in a whisper.

“Were you saying something?” Yoseob asked.

“Huh? N-no. I was just ah, talking to myself”, you replied. Yoseob shrugged off his thought.

You fell asleep on your way home. When you were about to get down the bus, Yoseob woke you up. You both get down the bus and started walking on your way home. You were practically half-asleep while walking, yawning occasionally. Yoseob noticed this so he stopped and crouched down that you almost trip into him. However, just when you were about to trip, he held your legs and pulled you up on his back for a piggyback ride. This woke you up and you struggled to get down.

“It’s okay, you’re tired aren’t you?” Yoseob said putting your arms around his neck and making sure you are comfortable in his back.

“But our house is already near. You don’t have to this, I know you’re tired as well”, you said. Yoseob ignored your complaints and started walking on your way home. You weren’t able to do anything about it so you went home piggybacking on Yoseob.

When you arrived home, you expected Yoseob to put you down already. But, he did not. Instead, Yoseob directly went upstairs to your bedroom and chucked you on your bed lightly. The both of you let out a chuckle. You stretched on your bed and hugged your pillows while Yoseob sat beside you.

“I missed my bed~” you said hugging your pillows tightly. You yawned and closed you eyes. You opened them again and said good night to Yoseob. “Thanks again for today.”

Yoseob smiled softly and said, “You’re welcome”. You close your eyes and soon enough, you fell asleep. Yoseob watched you sleep with a soft smile on his face, brushing some stray hairs on your face. Yoseob did this for a few minutes and when you were finally asleep Yoseob kissed you on your forehead.

“Sweet dreams, ___.” The smile on his face faded and Yoseob looked at you longingly.

Yoseob switched off the lights on your bedroom and closed the door quietly. He went to his bedroom only to find Doojoon leaning on his bedroom door. Yoseob was not surprise with Doojoon’s visit for he was expecting it.

“It’s time to go, Yoseob”, Doojoon said. Yoseob heaved a deep sigh and leaned on one side of the wall.

“I know hyung. You were right. I shouldn’t have fallen for her. If I didn’t, then it would be easy to leave her and go. But it’s not. I already have this desire to stay by her side forever.”

“But you know the rules. We can’t do anything about it”, Doojoon reminded Yoseob. “You have finished your mission and now, it’s time to go back.”

“I will definitely go back. But can I ask for one more favor hyung?” Yoseob asked. Doojoon looked at him intensely, hesitating if he should give Yoseob his last request, but decided to say yes.

“Sure. What is it?”

It was Sunday morning when you wake up the next day. You got up your bed and stretched each and every joint in your body. You opened your window and smelled the scent of the morning air.

‘Looks like it’s going to be a sunny day today’, you thought to yourself. ‘I hope this day will be greater than yesterday!’

At that thought, you remembered the things that happened with your date with Yoseob. The fun rides, the magic show, the picture booth at the arcade, the ddukbokki, your first kiss, everything. And remembering everything just makes you blush.

You did a final stretch and made your bed. It was just then that you realize how quiet the house is. There were no clinging of pots and pans. No aroma of breakfast cooking. And above all, Yoseob did not wake you up.

‘He must be still sleeping’, you thought and continued to clean your room. You changed your clothes and decided to go back to Yoseob’s room to wake him up. You slowly and quietly opened his bedroom door only to find out that he is not inside. The bed sheet is straightened up and the pillows are propped against the wall. You scratch your head in confusion and thought, ‘Now, where did that guy go?’

You went downstairs to see if Yoseob was there but he was nowhere to be found. The living room was empty, even the kitchen where you expected him to be. Yoseob was nowhere in sight. Instead, there was a teddy bear dressed like an angel and a note that said, “To ____” was placed on the dining table.

You pulled a chair and sat. You read the note that was placed on the table while you hugged the bear on your other hand.

To ___. Press the bear’s tummy :) The note said.

You held the teddy bear in front of you and looked at it closely. It was wearing a white robe and even has fluffy wings on its back while a gold wire is shaped like a halo and dangles above its head. You look at the note and the bear on your hands a few times and decided to press the teddy bear’s tummy.

You heard some sounds of movement of a chair and a guy clearing his throat.

“Ah~ okay! Let’s get it started” a guy’s voice said which turned out to be Yoseob’s.

‘Yoseob? Now, what is this about?’ you thought to yourself and continued listening to the recording.

“Hey, teddy angel. You’re recording what I am saying right now right? Right?” You laughed at how childish Yoseob was, talking to a teddy bear.

“You better be ‘cause my message should reach ___-ah.”  At the mention of the word message, you began to listen the recording more intently.

“Well here it is…”