Vows

Heaven Sent

 

You’re still thinking where you have seen the church before but can’t remember it. Although the church has been dilapidated, you can still tell that it once used to be beautiful. Some of its remaining stained glass window, although broken are still pretty and reflects the light of the setting sun which gives warmth and life to the old church. Parts of the roof above the altar were gone illuminating the altar and a statue of Christ.

You and Yoseob walked around the church examining everything inside it. 

“This church has a lot of angel statues in here, huh?” Yoseob said as he brush off some dust on a cherubim statue. “

“Well that would make sense since this is the Church of the Queen of Angels”, you replied.

“Eh? How’d you know that?” Yoseob asked.

“Well, it’s written here”, you pointed to a writing on a wall. Yoseob approached you and take a look into it himself.

“Church of the Queen of Angels. Erected 1895”, Yoseob said as he read what was written.

‘Queen of Angels? Where have I heard that?’ you asked yourself while Yoseob continued reading the writings on the pillar of the church. Then it suddenly hit you. You remembered why the church looks familiar to you.

“Now, I remember!” you exclaimed in a loud voice enough for Yoseob to jump in surprise. “This was the church where mom and dad got married. I have seen it in one of our photo albums. And I remember that we used to go here during Sundays when I was younger. No wonder I feel nostalgic about this place.”

“Really?” Yoseob asked.

“Yup! I remember that when I was young, I would tell my mom that I’ll get married here someday”, you said and giggled.

“Was it really that pretty?” Yoseob asked.

“Yes it was”, you heard an old man said. You and Yoseob turned around to see who it was and saw an old priest. He was wearing a white robe and carrying a bible. He approached you and Yoseob and you both greeted each other a good afternoon.

“Sorry if I scared the two of you”, the priest said.

“It’s okay father”, Yoseob said. “You don’t have to say sorry.”

“But you surprised me as well. No one comes here anymore since the church has been in ruins already. So I was really surprised to see people here, and a couple”, the priest said and chuckled. You said to the priest that you are not a couple. “ Really? But you two look cute together! What brings you here by the way?”

“Um, I had this feeling that this place seems familiar to me so we went inside for a closer look”, you explained. “Then I remembered that this place was the church where my mom and dad got married.”

“Ah, weddings. A lot of couples have gotten married in this place. I remember how lively this church would be whenever a couple gets married”, the priest said.

“Do couples like getting married here?” Yoseob said.

“Yes, for the church was once really pretty. The prettiest in the city I’d say. Too bad the war had destroyed its beauty.”

The priest heaved a deep sigh. You and Yoseob continued to admire the ruins of the church.

“But the church is still beautiful even if it’s destroyed”, Yoseob suddenly said. “Not only is it beautiful physically but it also had a beautiful past and story.”

“Hahaha! You are optimistic my boy, aren’t you?” the priest said ruffling Yoseob’s hair. “But you got a point there.”

“Hehehe”, Yoseob said scratching the back of his head.

“Well, I have to go now. I still have a mass to attend to. It was really nice to meet you”, the priest said.

You and Yoseob bowed to the priest and bid him goodbye as well.

“May God bless the two of you”, the priest said and left.

You and Yoseob stared at the sunlit altar of the old church. You heaved a deep sigh.

“What’s the problem? You look disappointed”, Yoseob asked.

“Well, my dream to get married here someday won’t come true anymore”, you said.

Yoseob looked at you. And an idea came across his mind. “Then, why don’t we get married today?” Yoseob asked.

“What?!” you exclaimed.

“Don’t get me wrong. What I mean is let’s make vows to each other like what they do in weddings”, Yoseob said. “At least you’ll know what it feels likes to get married here in this church.”

You gave Yoseob a questioning look. You are about to say something but Yoseob put his index finger over your lips telling you to not talk. “Just follow what I will do, okay?” Yoseob said.

 He grabbed your hand and led you to the center aisle of the church. He left you to pick up some white flowers growing near the broken windows of the church and gave it to you. You held the flowers on your hand while Yoseob place a white handkerchief over your head as if it was a veil.

“Do I really have to wear this?” you asked patting the white handkerchief over your head.

“Of course. Women wear a veil over their heads when they get married right?” Yoseob said.

Yoseob linked arms with you and started walking down the aisle. You were hesitant at first but decided to follow him in the end. The two of you walked slowly passing the empty rows of chairs.

‘I’m so happy I was able to meet you, ___. With you I felt how to be human. How it feels when you’re in love and most especially to get your heart broken. You may never see me as your love interest, but you’ll always be mine’, Yoseob thought as the two of you walk down the aisle.

You reached the church’s altar. You looked at each other smiling. Both of you are blushing and your hearts are thumping loudly inside your chest. You looked up at the crucifix on the wall of the altar and started saying your vows to each other.

“Here stand Yoseob”, Yoseob said.

You followed him and repeated what he said. “And here stand ____.”

“On this afternoon, we promise to share joy and sorrow for all the rest of our days”, Yoseob continued.

“We swear”, you said in return.

“For all my life until death”, Yoseob said.

“For all my life until death”, you repeated.

“Together shall we be from this time forth until the end of eternity.”

You finished making your vows and faced each other. Yoseob removed the handkerchief he placed on your head. He held your hands and came closer towards you. You smiled at him but the next thing he did was a big surprise to you.

Yoseob leaned down and kissed you on your lips, just like how a groom would kiss his bride after the wedding. You stood there frozen. You close your eyes and let Yoseob kiss you. You kiss him back yet you are still confused. You don’t know why Yoseob would do this to you.

‘Does Yoseob like me? He never told me if he does. Yet, he kisses me like this’, you thought. ‘His kiss is just so sweet. It was different from Taemin’s. His is just full of love and sincerity.’

The kiss lasted for a minute. Yoseob stepped back and smiled at you. You were silent for you don’t know what to say or how to react with what Yoseob just did. You stared at Yoseob with your mouth slightly open. Yoseob looked at you and waved his hand in your face.

“___? Hello?” Yoseob said.

You came back to reality. “Huh?”

“You alright?” Yoseob asked raising an eyebrow. You remembered the kiss you had with Yoseob and tears began to form in your eyes.

“Hey, hey why are you crying?” Yoseob said in a panicky voice.

“*Sniff* *Sniff* Why did you kiss me?” you said.

“Eh? Um isn’t that what they do in weddings? After the groom and the bride make vows to each other?” Yoseob said scratching the back of his head.

You were dumbfounded at what Yoseob just said. “WHAT!? You kissed just because of that? You kissed me without any feelings for me?”

“Ugh no. Um, it’s not like that. Um, how do I explain it.” Yoseob said.

You glared at him and stomped on his feet. Yoseob screamed in pain and rub his foot. “I’m sorry, ____. But…”

“But?” you asked still mad at him.

“Um, of course I have feelings towards you”, Yoseob said.

You slightly softened after hearing that. “What kind of feelings is that then?”

“Um I can’t explain it. Hehehe”, Yoseob said as an excuse.

“Pft! If you have any feelings towards me, tell me right away. Not like this. You’re making me confused.”

“Do you really want to know?” Yoseob teasingly asked. You looked at him and raised an eyebrow. “Of course.”

“I’ll tell you if you catch me!~” Yoseob said and run outside of the church.

“Aish! I hate you!” you said and ran after Yoseob. “Yoseob, pabo-ya!”

‘I love you, ___. For the short time that we’ve been together, I have fallen in love with you. I’ve always wanted to tell you how much I adore you but you’ve always ignored me. I also had a lot of hesitation if I should really tell you how I feel towards you because I don’t know if you’ll accept it and because we live in two different worlds”, Yoseob said. “But right now, I don’t care if the two of us are different from each other. What I just want you to know right now is that I love you. But it is not yet the right time for you to know. I love you _____. And I’ll always do.’

“Hahaha! Catch me ____! No, change that! If you reach the bus station before me, I’ll tell you!~”

“Aish!!! Yoseob!!!!”

“Mehrong~”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[A/N] Well here it goes. I fixed this chapter but I don't still like the feelings incorporated in here  =_= Tell me if you want me to make some changes, okay? Don't forget to comment too~!  And how about you listen to "God Gave Me You" by Bryan White as you read this? :) I think it fits the chapter kkk :) Thanks again for reading <33 

P.S. This fic is going to end soon (BOO!) I don't know if I should write a sequel or not. If you want me to write a sequel, tell me! If I get a lot of replies, I'll make one ^_^ ~ 'til next time! Bye-yeom~ 

-YUMI <3