My First Date

Heaven Sent

 

“Eh? We’re a couple, for real?!” you asked shocked.

“Yup!” Taemin said. “You looked so surprised. Aren’t you the one who asked me to go out with you?”

“But I’m not really expecting a reply this fast”, you said. “Plus, going out and being a couple isn’t the same.”

“Oh come on. It’s just the same”, Taemin said.

You did not say anything anymore still shocked about what Taemin said. A lot of your classmates were whispering to each other while some congratulated you and Taemin. Taemin continued chatting with you and Namjoo. A few minutes later the bell rang and Taemin said goodbye.

“See you later”, Taemin whispered into your ear. “J-A-G-I-Y-A~”

You nodded and felt yourself blushed. Namjoo was teasing you for getting red and everything. Your first period teacher came in and the classes started.

During lunch, Taemin ate with you and Namjoo. However, Namjoo decided to leave the two of you and join your other classmates for lunch. You insisted that she should stay but Namjoo told you that she should leave you and Taemin so that you can have time to talk, just the two of you.

You were first awkward staying alone with Taemin. He was quiet but it was a good thing that you are good at opening up conversations. Soon, you became comfortable with him after you talked about a lot of things and even discovered that you had a lot in common. Bell rang signaling that lunch break was over. You returned to class with Namjoo while Taemin went to his.

When classes were over, you and Namjoo went home together. You were talking to each other, complaining about the tons of assignment your teachers gave you, when someone called your name. You turned around to see who it was and saw that it was Taemin.

“Hi, ___!” Taemin said.

“Hello, Taemin”, you replied back. Namjoo told you that she will be waiting at the school gate and left the two of you. “Um, what is it?”

“Well I actually planned to walk you home but my mom called me to go home early today”, Taemin explained. “I’ll walk you home next time promise.”

You giggled thinking how cute it was of Taemin to say those things. ‘He looks like he really wants to walk me home’, you thought.

“It’s okay, I walk home with Namjoo anyway”, you said. You continued chatting, and when you were almost near the gates, you said goodbye to Taemin.

“See you tomorrow”, you said.

“Yup. Oh yeah by the way, are you free this Saturday?” Taemin asked.

“Hmmm… Yes, why?” you asked.

“Let’s have a date”, Taemin said. You were still thinking about it when Taemin said goodbye and reminded you of your date on Saturday. He ran off to his friends while you went to Namjoo.

You walked home listening and humming to yourself G.Na and Rain’s version of “Things I Want to do When I Have a Lover” with a big smile on your face. Yoseob just arrived home and was starting to prepare dinner when you arrived. He welcomed you home with his usual cheerful greeting and noticed that you were unusually happy that day.

“You looked happy today”, Yoseob said. “Did something good happen?”

“Do I look happy?” you asked as you put down your things on the sofa and sat beside it.

“Yeah, unusually happy. You usually look tired coming home from school and you always complain about the tons of homework your teachers give you. But now, your smile extends from ear to ear”, Yoseob said as he sat beside you. “You won’t mind if I hear the good news would you?”

Since Yoseob wants to know why you are extremely happy today, you told him what happened the whole day from school, starting from when Taemin told you that you and him are a couple already.

“And this afternoon, he asked me to go out with him on Saturday”, you told Yoseob as you watch him place your dinner on the table. “I don’t know, why he agreed to go out with me. And I don’t know what has gotten into his mind to reply this fast. Still, I’m happy I have the chance to go out with the guy I like.”

“What did you just say?!” was all Yoseob could say.

‘He’s going out with Taemin? They’re going out on Saturday?? And above all, they’re a couple???! I can’t accept that! ____ is mine!’ Yoseob thought.

“After all that storytelling you want me to repeat it all over again?” you said biting on a piece of kimchi.

“No. I’m really listening”, Yoseob said as he sat down to eat dinner as well. “But I really don’t like that Taemin guy.”

You rolled your eyes and said, “You’ve never really like Taemin ever since you first saw him.”

“Yeah, first all of he’s just so full of himself”, Yoseob said and put the back of his hands under his chin, thinking deeply. “But it’s different this time. There’s something fishy about him.”

“You’re just jealous”, you snapped back at Yoseob.

“Yeah, you’re right. I’m just jealous,” Yoseob whispered to himself.

“What?” you asked.

Yoseob went back to reality and said, “I-I didn’t say anything.”

Days passed and Saturday came, the day of your date with Taemin. You wore a dainty floral dress and slipped on a cute doll shoes. Your curled haired was tied up in a high ponytail and you also brought along with you a small white sling bag with your camera inside.

“I’ll be back by dinner, Yoseob-ah”, you said as you adjust your shoes on your front door.

“Yeah, take care”, Yoseob said sadly and heaved a deep sigh.

“Why are you so sad? You should be happy for me, shouldn’t you?” you asked. “Besides, without your help in making the chocolates, I wouldn’t get to date the guy I really like.”

‘She's right’, Yoseob thought. Yoseob’s frown turned into a smile. “Okay, whatever. Just enjoy your date, ne?” Yoseob said as pinching your cheeks. “And you’re really cute today, really.”

You thanked Yoseob for his compliment and said goodbye. You walked on your way to the park near your school, your meeting place with Taemin. When you arrived at the park, Taemin was already there, sitting on a swing and listening to music. You approached him and he said hi to you. He complimented how cute you are that day and you complimented how handsome he is as well.

The two of you rode a bus on the way to the city. You went to a famous amusement park. Taemin got you your tickets and you rode almost all of the rides you can find inside the amusement park – roller coaster, bump car, carousel, everything you can find at an amusement park. You also went inside a horror house. You didn’t like the idea of going inside since you were scared but Taemin insisted you. You surrendered in the end and went inside with Taemin. You were practically screaming at the top of your lungs while you were inside but it became less scary when Taemin hugged you and told you not to worry.

After all that, the two of you had your lunch.

“Say ah~” Taemin said as he feeds you ddukbokki. You were embarrassed at first, but still opened your mouth to eat the ddukbokki. Taemin asked you cutely to spoon feed him as well and so you did.

After eating your lunch, you walked around the amusement park holding hands. And when the sun was about to set, you decided to ride the Ferris wheel. You took a lot of pictures as you ride the Ferris wheel. You cannot explain what you feel that time - the date, you and Taemin, holding hands together and feeding each other. It’s a dream come true.

You rode the bus on your way home. Taemin also walked you on your way home. You reached your home just in time for dinner.

Meanwhile, inside your house, Yoseob already prepared your dinner and was watching TV waiting for you. He glanced at the wall clock and thought that you should be home by that time. He decided to peek outside to see any signs of you. Sure enough, he saw you and Taemin talking to each other. A pang of jealousy shot Yoseob as he watched the two of you.

“I had a really good time today”, you said.

“Me too, I had a really good time with you”, Taemin said.

“I hope there’ll be a next time”, you said.

“Well, let’s see”, Taemin said smirking. “I have to go now, see you in school.” Taemin said and kissed you almost near your lips. You were stunned with what he did you weren’t able to say anything. Taemin left and when he was almost near the corner of the block you shouted “Take care!” and waved at him. He waved at you with his back facing you. You went inside blushing and feeling warm and fuzzy.

Inside, Yoseob sat on the couch brushing up his hair.

‘Looks like my decision to watch ___ and Taemin was not a good idea’, Yoseob said. ‘It hurts so much. Is this what humans call falling in love and getting your heart broken?’

“*Sigh*”