A Dinner with a Stranger

Heaven Sent

 

A boy! Maybe about your age or older for two years. He was wearing a white suit, white shoes, and a  bowtie. His hair was a shiny blonde fixed in the same way as those kpop idols you watched in Music Bank.

‘Who is this guy? He looks like an idol. Maybe a member of a new kpop group? If he is, what the heck is he doing here sleeping on the ground.’ You thought to yourself. ‘Harassed by fans?’

 

But there’s one thing you noticed about him. He has wounds in his face and hands.

‘Maybe, he’s a son of a multimillionaire and was harassed!’ you thought and got scared.

You looked from left to right to see if the people who did that thing to him were still there. And being the kind girl you are, you decided to bring him inside your house.

“Aww! He’s heavy.” You said as you bring him inside. You decided to place him in the sofa and looked at him. “I’ll deal with you later after I finished cooking dinner.”

You first went back to your room and changed your clothes. You went back downstairs to start cooking your dinner. Before you go to the kitchen, you decided to peek at the stranger in the family room and saw that he was still sleeping. You went to the kitchen and decided to make pork cutlet that night. You cooked rice as well. It’s good thing that you bought more than enough since you have an unexpected visitor. You are setting the table for two when suddenly, you heard someone talk behind your back.

“Wow that looks delicious!!”

“Ahhh!” you screamed and dropped a bowl. Good thing it was made of plastic. You turned around to see who talked and saw the blonde stranger.

“Oh, sorry did I scare you?” asked the stranger.

“Yeah, but its okay”, you said. Suddenly, you heard stomach grumbling. You looked at the stranger and he gave you a weak smile. “Sorry, but I’m really hungry,” the stranger said.

You invited him to sit down and eat. The stranger said thank you and began eating the food you prepared.

“Wow! Thish tashte ud!” the stranger said. He stuffed everything in his mouth and all you could do is stare at him in awe and chew your food.

‘He must be really hungry’, you thought. While you are eating the stranger began coughing and pats his chest. You hurriedly get him a glass of water and you watched him drink the water.

“Ah! That was really delicious!” the stranger said. “Thank you for a wonderful dinner.”

“Thank you and you’re welcome. Um, is it okay if I ask you a question?” you asked him.

“Sure!” the stranger replied without hesitation.

There are a lot of questions popping in your head; you didn’t know what to ask first.

“Who are you?” you asked. ‘There are a lot of things I want to ask like what happened to you? Why are you wearing something like that? Are you a superstar? A son of a millionaire? But I think it is safe to ask that question first’ you thought to yourself.

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce to myself.” He stood up, placed his right hand on his left chest and bowed slightly. “I’m Yoseob, an angel at your service.” He said smiling.

You stared at him with your mouth open and you suddenly burst out laughing.

“Hahaha! Quit joking!” you said to the stranger while laughing. “That was cute, but please. Angel? You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“Eh? You don’t believe me? But I’m telling the truth.” Yoseob sit down again and pouted. “Why won’t you believe in me?”

“Of course who would believe in you? No one has ever seen an angel. People believe in them but people don’t really know if they really exist. And now you’re telling me, you are angel?” you said to Yoseob. He didn’t reply to you and just sat there quietly.

‘This guy must be a psycho who escaped from the hospital’, you thought to yourself. “Really, quit joking and tell me who you really are”, you said to him asking the question for the second time.

“I told you I am Yoseob and I am an angel.” Yoseob insisted.

“Pft! You’re crazy, aren’t you?” you said to Yoseob trying not to be angry. “You can’t fool me.”

“Eh?” Yoseob asked confused.

“Maybe you’re a psycho who escaped from a hospital and you’re here because you want to kill me! Maybe you’re that person everyone in the city talks about. That guy who high schools students and kills them after. Why won’t you answer me? Maybe I’m right. Right?!” You exclaimed. You started pushing Yoseob out of the house.

“Hey, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Yoseob said “Does this cute face look like a psycho to you?”

“Your face might not look like a psycho, but the way you dress sure does”, you said to him. “Get out of here and go find another girl you can fool”, you said slamming the gates in front of Yoseob’s face.

You went back to kitchen and started cleaning up. ‘What has gotten to me in the first place? I even let that crazy guy eat in this house. Pft. Psycho. Talking about angels. People don’t even know if God really exists and he’s going to tell me he’s an angel? He must be crazy. No. He IS crazy.’

You went to your room did your homework and sleep after doing them. You prayed that Yoseob would be gone when you wake up.