Healing a Broken Heart

Heaven Sent

 

Yoseob led you to your house and the two of you sat on the couch. Yoseob let you cry until you are tired of it. When you stop crying, Yoseob asked what happened and why you are crying. You told him everything what happened and you started crying again like a child crying to her mom.

“I shouldn’t have listened to their conversation”, you said sniffing. “If I didn’t, I might not be crying now.”

“Nah, it’s actually better that you know the truth and get hurt. Instead of living in a lie and be happy” Yoseob said patting your head. “Pfft. I knew it. That Taemin guy is nothing but trouble.”

Yoseob brought you to your room and tucked you in your bed. He kissed you in the forehead and said goodnight to you. “It might hurt now ___, but things will be better someday, okay?” Yoseob said.

You don’t know what to say so you just nodded. “I’ll be going now. Goodnight, ___.” Yoseob got up, ready to leave your room but even before he can go you grabbed his hand and said, “Can you sleep with me tonight?”

Yoseob was surprised with what you said but decided that he will sleep in with you. ‘She must be very sad’, Yoseob thought. Yoseob lie down beside you. You hugged him tight and placed your head on your chest.

Yoseob hugged you back and watched you sleep. “*Sigh* It’s your fault ___. Searching for other guys when I’m here who loves you. If you only know what I feel”, Yoseob whispered.

For the next few days, you locked yourself in your room. You didn’t eat and all you do is lie on your bed all day still thinking about the incident at Minho’s birthday party. Taemin’s words are still echoing in your head and whenever you remember them, tears would fall down your face.

“Pabo!” You said to yourself and buried your face in your pillow. You heard a loud knock on your bedroom door.

“___! I’ve prepared your favorite for lunch!~” Yoseob teasingly said. “Come out now, please.”

You ignored Yoseob and buried your face in your pillows again. ‘Sorry Yoseob if I’m being a brat these days. I hope you’d understand.’

Outside your room, Yoseob is still knocking and waiting for you to come out. When he realized that you don’t have a plan of going out and eating, he stopped.

“Ne, ___, if you feel hungry come down anytime okay?” Yoseob said. “And also, being this way won’t help you move on. You should come out, forget that guy and be happy.”

Yoseob went downstairs to the kitchen with the food he brought for you. ‘I hope ___ will feel better in the next few days. *Sigh* Of all ___’s  problems I have to solve, this is the hardest! Arrgh!’

When Yoseob arrived at the kitchen he was surprised with what he saw that he almost slipped the things he was holding.

“Hmmm, I have to credit your cooking Yoseob. This is really good.”

“Doojoon-hyung! What are you doing here?!” Yoseob exclaimed.

“Keep it down. You don’t want that girl to find out I’m here do you?” Doojoon said.

“I don’t care”, Yoseob said. “And stop eating that! I cooked that for ___!”

Yoseob tried to snatch the chicken dish he cooked for you but Doojoon gulped it down. Yoseob scratched his head in frustration and slumped over the kitchen table.

“Doojoon-hyung, help me. ___’s problem is so hard to solve”, Yoseob said. “I don’t know how to heal a broken heart.”

“Well neither do I”, Doojoon said.

“You’re so useless hyung”, Yoseob said pouting. “*Sigh* I really don’t know what to do this time.”

“Just follow what your heart says. That’s the best thing to do right now”, Doojoon advised Yoseob.

Yoseob gave Doojoon a confusing look. Doojoon sighed and bid Yoseob goodbye.

“Good luck Yoseob”, Doojoon said and left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Yoseob knock on your door again to ask if you’re going to school. You did not respond so he took that as a no. He told you that he left something for you to eat on the kitchen and said goodbye. You peek through your bedroom window and watched Yoseob left.

‘How can I go to school when Taemin is there?’ you said and sighed. You went back to lying in your bed. Your stomach growled but you ignored it. ‘Wow, I didn’t notice, it’s been three days I haven’t eaten. Oh well, if I sleep I wouldn’t feel hungry.’ You covered yourself with your blankets and fell asleep before knowing it.

You slept the whole day and when afternoon came, Yoseob came home with some groceries for dinner. He went upstairs to check on you and saw that you still haven’t come out of your room. He went back downstairs and started preparing dinner. As Yoseob slices the vegetables for the dish he is making, he is also thinking on how he can heal your broken heart.

“I hope someone can help me this time”, Yoseob said to himself. Yoseob jumped in surprise when he heard the doorbell rang. “A visitor?” Yoseob went to open the door and was surprised and happy at the same time to see that it was Namjoo.

“Hi, Yoseob”, Namjoo said.

“Namjoo-ssi! I’m glad you came”, Yoseob said as he led Namjoo to the living room. The two of them sat on the couch and talked about your situation. Namjoo told Yoseob that she’s worried about you not coming to school that day. Yoseob explained why and told Namjoo that you’re not going outside your room for a few days already.

“I think it hurts so much because it was said behind her back”, Yoseob said sadly. “And I also think it hurts so much because she heard that the girl Taemin really like is…” Yoseob started hesitating if he should say it.

“Is?” Namjoo asked.

Yoseob inhale deeply and said, “You.”

Namjoo’s jaw dropped. “What?! That Taemin guy is crazy! Does he think that I’ll like him after what he did to ___? Heck no. What a jerk!”

“I know right?” Yoseob said. Yoseob and Namjoo sighed and there was a long moment of silence. Yoseob then thought that maybe he can ask Namjoo to help him in solving your problem.

“Hey, Namjoo-ssi can I ask for an advice?” Yoseob asked.

“Huh? Sure. If it’s for ___, of course I’ll help”, Namjoo said. “What is it?”

“What do you think can I do to heal ___’s broken heart?” Yoseob asked.

Namjoo thought for a moment and said, “I don’t know really. They say that only time can heal wounds. But you know what Yoseob-ssi, if you let ____ know what you really feel, she might be happy again.”

“You mean, I should confess?” Yoseob asked.

Namjoo nodded. “If she’ll know that there’s someone who loves her, she might move on and be happy again.” Namjoo gave Yoseob a copy of her notes for that day’s lessons and bid him goodbye. Yoseob thanked Namjoo for her advice. He went upstairs and slid Namjoo’s notes on your bedroom door.

“___, Namjoo came over and sent this”, Yoseob said. “And don’t worry, Namjoo won’t ever like Taemin.”

Yoseob went back to the kitchen to continue what he was doing. He was cooking dinner when he remembered what Namjoo said.

“If she’ll know that there’s someone who loves her, she might move on and be happy again.”

“A confession, huh? Hmmm.”